Blizzard. Add...something....please.

As to the OP - yeah, that would be fun, sorta. But would it repeat everytime you beat the quest (aka, infinite increase), or just the first time (aka, every is exactly the same at end game, like it is now)?

While that might be cool in a more pure RPG, I never thought questing was what Diablo was about. It's about the fighting and the looting.

As per the game being not dark enough...I just flat disagree. First, my experience is mostly with D2, not Diablo. BUT, did no one else play the last half of Act 1 in D3? You can shot a rack and it mulches a corpse in a spray of blood? Baskets of heads? Piles of Corpses? A poor sap being shoved into an Iron Maiden and coming out a zombie? And the scene where Leoric beheads his wife? or the dude who introduces you to his dead family? Or the Blacksmith who has to kill his zombified wife? Or the soldiers who were fed their own dead by a demon? Or the many screams heard in the background?

I recall less horror, both psychological and physical in D2. People are talking about dead babies and letting people burn. I just do not remember that in any of my previous Diablo playing.
    As per the game being not dark enough...I just flat disagree. First, my experience is mostly with D2, not Diablo. BUT, did no one else play the last half of Act 1 in D3? You can shot a rack and it mulches a corpse in a spray of blood? Baskets of heads? Piles of Corpses? A poor sap being shoved into an Iron Maiden and coming out a zombie? And the scene where Leoric beheads his wife? or the dude who introduces you to his dead family? Or the Blacksmith who has to kill his zombified wife? Or the soldiers who were fed their own dead by a demon? Or the many screams heard in the background?

I was wondering if someone would bring this up. All of this was much darker than anything you saw in the entire first act of D2, but I guess it still wasn't dark enough. Then again, the later acts with Azmodan doing his best Saturday morning cartoon villain impressions might have ruined whatever mood the game might have set up to that point. :(

I think the problem is graphical fidelity, it's hard to make a game look gritty and dark with today's graphics without making it also boring as hell. D2's dark-grittiness-depressing style (whatever you want to call it) was built into the graphics engine they were using.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes