Becoming a Billionaire in D3

Hey, guys, just wanted to share this with the community, not to brag, but share with beginners that is its possible to make gold and you can make millions on the ah.

thats how much gold i had in October 2012 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/pretoria2012101300818.jpg/

this is how much i got now as of 31 January 2013 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/ah2h.png/

if anyone wanna share their gold balances feel free :) or give any tips on hot markets on the AH (probably wont give)...

Cheers
    I have noticed a significant drop in AH sales since POE open beta started. Before I would make 50m+ in AH sales per day, now I barely make 10m.
    When I'm awake at 3-4 AM, I always get like 50-60 mil profit. Flipping items is not that hard. Granted, you have at least 200 mil in your bank.
    Quote from Ryude

I have noticed a significant drop in AH sales since POE open beta started. Before I would make 50m+ in AH sales per day, now I barely make 10m.

true, same happened to me

Quote from Sartorius

When I'm awake at 3-4 AM, I always get like 50-60 mil profit. Flipping items is not that hard. Granted, you have at least 200 mil in your bank.
    ARE u on US or EU servers?
    Quote from johnnyraro

Hey, guys, just wanted to share this with the community, not to brag, but share with beginners that is its possible to make gold and you can make millions on the ah.

[...]

if anyone wanna share their gold balances feel free :) or give any tips on hot markets on the AH (probably wont give)...

You can make thousands. Not talking about thousands of gold, but thousands of Euros/USD/whateveryourcurrencyis. If you're searching for people's input around that topic, here's a good point to start: http://www.diablofan...o-made-on-rmah/

I personally liked the AH in the beginning because it helped me to catch up with my friends who had a 3 months head start; but I never considered flipping (I like to play the ARPG element of the game and not the stock market simulation). At some point I realized how much time I spend on the AH just to find a small DPS upgrade for a couple of million; at that point I decided to skip the AH and just play the game with my poorly geared wizard. However, it's always interesting to follow this topic when it comes up (as long as discussion stays civilized). Good job on getting rich, I'll keep on trying to find some loot in that price range to get to a similar account balance ;-)

EU. Just sniped a leoric's with 29 str 30% xp for 1.9 mil. As an example. Wasn't even looking for one.
    Most I have had at one time was 2.4 bill and at the moment I have nearly 1 bill. I flip and farm and can safely say you are right, you can make some crazy gold if you know what you are looking for and who to sell to. Some items sell faster in chat and others sell well on the AH or the RMAH. You have to be aware of the gold to $ exchange and keep an eye on crafting mats and such. Right now gems are crazy lucrative. In the end it comes down to be educated as to what items are popular and what stats help sell. Botters love the gold find and magic find items so don't pass up the blues. Heck, I bank tens of millions selling max stat magic find stuff. Just got to be diligent.
    "There is no cow level!"
    To the Op , instead of dropping bank balances I think you should share some tips instead with the community. How does seeing your balance help new players ?
    Quote from manticore_2542

To the Op , instead of dropping bank balances I think you should share some tips instead with the community. How does seeing your balance help new players ?

Good point. I would also like to add that bank balances are not all that considering that when some players hit a billion they tend to buy that BiS item they were saving up for. It would be cool if there was a page on your player profile that had a total of what was spent on your current gear. I know you can find the prices or record them indavidually but it would be nice to see a quick talley that also listed the items you found as well as bought off the AH. Of course, the trade chat would mess that up a bit...
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from johnnyraro

thats how much gold i had in October 2012 http://imageshack.us...2101300818.jpg/

this is how much i got now as of 31 January 2013 http://imageshack.us...s/856/ah2h.png/

Cheers

I gave flipping a try and in one month i made my 47 million to 800+mil. And I only check AH once per day for 5-15mins.

But now that I have money, I dont wanna buy anything, before patch. :D Also, sold some gold and now I can easily buy 2 copies of expansion and still buy some stuff. :)

To everyone: I might be shooting myself to a leg, but I you havent flipped anything yet, give it a try. I guess someone have made video about it...
    I fluctuate constantly between 2 million gold to 2 billion gold on a regular basis :D

Currently sitting on 20 million gold, but if I can sell everything in my gold AH, I can go to 2 billion again.

But while PTR is going on, sales will be slower than usual, so flipping is really tough right now, especially for mid-tier items. High-end 1-2+ billion gold items will be easy flips. But still, I might just throw everything into the RMAH instead.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    The biggest thing I can say about flipping is you have to have gold to make gold. I suggest to anybody getting into flipping that they save for a couple hundred million first then you can hit the big items that are priced way too low by those who do not know the value. I know it is not always as easy as it sounds but rather than taking the chance with little you have some leaway and can take a hit all the while making more gold than you lose when flipping. It's more of a buffer or safe spot to be in when you decide to flip on the AH.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Sartorius

EU. Just sniped a leoric's with 29 str 30% xp for 1.9 mil. As an example. Wasn't even looking for one.

How the hell do you snipe a Leoric's without looking for one? It has literally NO stats that come up on a usual search. If you don't put in "Leoric's Signet" I can't see how you're ever gonna find one. Btw, nice find, I was looking for one for 1-2 weeks (I spent a lot of time just checking this one freaking ring, for myself, I don't do AH flipping) and nothing popped up. Not a single ring below 20m, and all useful were 40m+.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Sartorius

How the hell do you snipe a Leoric's without looking for one? It has literally NO stats that come up on a usual search. If you don't put in "Leoric's Signet" I can't see how you're ever gonna find one. Btw, nice find, I was looking for one for 1-2 weeks (I spent a lot of time just checking this one freaking ring, for myself, I don't do AH flipping) and nothing popped up. Not a single ring below 20m, and all useful were 40m+.

Not sure if I would call it sniping but when I refresh the main page and a leorics pops up I buy it imedaitely if it is not priced int he 15 to 20 mill range. GOt bit once with a legacy item but other than that I have been pretty successful. The best one was when I hit the buy it now on a mempo that was listed for 35k and had 3% crit only to find out later it had no socket... Gotta love getting bit once and a while. lol
    "There is no cow level!"
    You can flip at any level of cash. Occasionally I will find a good deal on something that's so much better than mine that I can't force myself to sell it and thus lose all of my capital, so I've gone from 5M to 100M and back and forth a lot. The bottom line is you HAVE TO be informed on what you're looking for flip and you HAVE TO check constantly.
    its easy to become a billionaire..

the hard part is KEEPING the billion :D
    Well, becoming a billionaire in D3 is rather easy, as long as you have enought time to spend on the AH.

After trying several things, I think the next tactic is the most easy:

1. Select All Armors (for example)
    2. Set a suitable buyout (10m, 50m, 100m)
    3. Set level to 60
    4. Set type to legendary
    5. Sort the table on freshness (so 1d12h on top)
    6. Hit ENTER
    7. Scan the top items that have just entered the AH system
    8. Spot the items that are underpriced heavily
    9. Buy them within seconds, but be aware for AH bots that buyout the more obvious snipes (mempo with socket and CHC for example), the less obvious snipes will be sniped less quickly by bots
    10. Resell your snipes for about 75% of their market price - this way they almost sell instantly
    11. Repeat step 6 to 10 untill your eyes hurt or untill your bank accounts hits zero

It is of course more easy to use a bot for this, but since that is illegal and involves no skill, I wouldnt recommend it.

I don't see any reason why any intelligent could't make 1b dollar within a week when enough time is available.
    I myself only play a few hours per week, and if I apply this tactic for 2 hours I always see my money go from around 10m to 150m (and after that I spend it all as usual).

But, the above tactic is too intensive for me, it works but its making you braindead. Its the same as playing CM wizard. Its fun for a short time, but the bashing of the buttons is just not relaxing.
    well it is really easy

work at a job which gives you 10 $ per hour

you just need to work 2 days 11 hours

and you will have 220 $ which will grant you 1 billion gold

instead of wasting time for an entire month ^^

or even better way is farming items and gold with bot instead of flipping which is both against tos :)
    Browser MMORPG Developer
    Quote from MonsterMMORPG

well it is really easy

work at a job which gives you 10 $ per hour

you just need to work 2 days 11 hours

and you will have 220 $ which will grant you 1 billion gold

instead of wasting time for an entire month ^^

or even better way is farming items and gold with bot instead of flipping which is both against tos :)

Paying for it is not the fun way and doesn't give any feeling of accomplishement. Besides, in some countries those $220 are what you get for 3 weeks of work at minimum wage, so not any one could even afford to put money into diablo. You and your dollars...

it's not a waste of time if you enjoy it or atleast are happy for the result.

No one gets banned for flipping, it's easy to get banned for botting.
    Quote from GoedeWiet

Well, becoming a billionaire in D3 is rather easy, as long as you have enought time to spend on the AH.

After trying several things, I think the next tactic is the most easy:

1. Select All Armors (for example)
    2. Set a suitable buyout (10m, 50m, 100m)
    3. Set level to 60
    4. Set type to legendary
    5. Sort the table on freshness (so 1d12h on top)
    6. Hit ENTER
    7. Scan the top items that have just entered the AH system
    8. Spot the items that are underpriced heavily
    9. Buy them within seconds, but be aware for AH bots that buyout the more obvious snipes (mempo with socket and CHC for example), the less obvious snipes will be sniped less quickly by bots
    10. Resell your snipes for about 75% of their market price - this way they almost sell instantly
    11. Repeat step 6 to 10 untill your eyes hurt or untill your bank accounts hits zero

It is of course more easy to use a bot for this, but since that is illegal and involves no skill, I wouldnt recommend it.

I don't see any reason why any intelligent could't make 1b dollar within a week when enough time is available.
    I myself only play a few hours per week, and if I apply this tactic for 2 hours I always see my money go from around 10m to 150m (and after that I spend it all as usual).

But, the above tactic is too intensive for me, it works but its making you braindead. Its the same as playing CM wizard. Its fun for a short time, but the bashing of the buttons is just not relaxing.

Do you mind if I add you in game? I have a few questions and I'd love to chat with you.

My battletag is Sygfreed#1841
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes