Officially impossible to miss legendaries now

I havnt seen anyone post a proper picture of this yet so I decided to post it for you guys !

Legendaries are REALLY hard to miss now !
    Notice the "Star" marker on the map which shows the location of the legendary!

Good job blizzard !

Another Festivus Miracle!! Seriously though that's awesome. 'bout time :)

Check out my Youtube channel: RetroGameClips
    Do you have to be so close to it in order to see it on the map or can you be on the other side of the map?
    Quote from joeyb

Do you have to be so close to it in order to see it on the map or can you be on the other side of the map?

As long as you are still on the same map and level, it will show regardless of distance.

EDIT-in: I hope they also noted the feedback for not making the sound fade with distance, or at least an option for such.
    No, I refuse! There must be an option to turn this feature off! There's no challenge!
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Finally. So I can turn the ingame sound down a bit and my music louder. o/
    Awesome and finally :)
    thanks for sharing

Also, can you tell if there is an arrow indicating on mini map at what direction is that legendary? Or in order to see it you have to press tab to get this huge map?
    It's the little things like this that make this patch great.
    Quote from MrBlaine

Awesome and finally :)
    thanks for sharing

Also, can you tell if there is an arrow indicating on mini map at what direction is that legendary? Or in order to see it you have to press tab to get this huge map?

It will show the star on minimap if it is within range of the minimap, but no arrows when out of range of minimap.
    If its that important, press tab before you leave an area to make sure. That is all...
    Finally!.. someone had a good ideas, or rather stole it from the fans.

Now I can turn the sound down while my daughter sleeps in the next room.
    Some further info gathered from my testing time on the current PTR build:
    - The minimap star vanishes when it reaches an edge, so you either see the whole thing or nothing; the star on your big map is, as has already been stated, independent from the minimap and can be seen regardless of the distance to the drop.
    - Both the minimap and big map marker remain until first pickup (or at the very least for several minutes)
    - Marker persists even when going into town or dying
    - Multiple markers possible; don't know if there's a limit to this, but at least I had 2 legendaries drop in Keep Depths lvl 2 and 2 stars were displayed on the map.
    Quote from Jaetch

No, I refuse! There must be an option to turn this feature off! There's no challenge!

The challenge should bein regard to combat and progression, not collecting your loot.

The fact is, this game is an orgy of obscene graphics and overbearing visuals. Add to that, the way many players (especially pub games) run ahead, wander off path and trigger drops for you when you may be entirely unaware of such. A perfect set item may be left laying off-screen, only to dissipate into the ether void when you leave the game.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Jaetch

I totally agree on this =/

But, maybe half the community will stop using Loot Alert now xD
    Its collecting loot........... What the **** are you guys on about "Dumb down" and "No challenge" ? Is collecting loot an issue for you?
    thanks for sharing it to us now it will be indeed hard to miss any legendary drops keep it up
    Quote from Laserbabz

Quote from Jaetch

I totally agree on this =/

But, maybe half the community will stop using Loot Alert now xD
    Quote from redcinder

Its collecting loot........... What the **** are you guys on about "Dumb down" and "No challenge" ? Is collecting loot an issue for you?

Congrats, you managed to dodge sarcasm.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Demon665

- The minimap star vanishes when it reaches an edge, so you either see the whole thing or nothing; the star on your big map is, as has already been stated, independent from the minimap and can be seen regardless of the distance to the drop.
    - Both the minimap and big map marker remain until first pickup (or at the very least for several minutes)
    - Multiple markers possible; don't know if there's a limit to this, but at least I had 2 legendaries drop in Keep Depths lvl 2 and 2 stars were displayed on the map.

this is excellent. The last update to this was pretty good, but the marker would disappear too fast sometimes. I like it!
    Quote from batman_dk

Quote from Demon665

this is excellent. The last update to this was pretty good, but the marker would disappear too fast sometimes. I like it!

Or would not appear at all if you were too far away from the drop happening. Would be interesting to know whether you have to be within a certain proximity for the marker to be spawned. With the minimap ping in the current live version you could test how far away you could go without it fading; with the new star marker it's hard to tell whether this always appears or just if you are close enough for it to happen. I've seen it appear for drops that happened out of sight, but that was also the case for the prior ping...
    Not that I've missed any yet thanks to the sound / orange light but am I the only one never checking the popup map? Gotta get that into my cycle before teleporting somewhere in the future just in case there is one I guess.
    Thanks a lot for letting us know, and thanks Blizzard, finally! :D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes