Ruby tweak

I heard that rubies will get tweaked in a way that weapons dps will rise alot, if you have high attackspeed. Earlier today one of my friends told me that it is onyl marquise ruby though. Is that true, or how does it work? :)
    I would love a response. :)
    Quote from Bogok

I would love a response. :)
    I dont recall the contract anyone here signed with you, including renumeration, where someone MUST answer anything and everyting you ask within X timeframe...

Quote from Bogok

I heard that rubies will get tweaked in a way that weapons dps will rise alot, if you have high attackspeed. Earlier today one of my friends told me that it is onyl marquise ruby though. Is that true, or how does it work? :)

The basis is that higher weapon damage is more valuable to higher attack speeds. For slower builds and weapons, like Tempest Rush monk, or Strafe DH, higher damage will only be desirable for low-mp farming - where the aim is to oneshot as much as possible.

So the value of higher weapon damage, and thus the new rubies, will diminish for such builds, but become infinitely more valuable to higher attackspeed builds such as those more commonly used in Dualwield builds on ubers and higher mp.

Based on what we have so far though, only the new tier of Ruby will be of any value in this regard, as it does not look like the lower tier rubies are receiving any changes (yet).
    i'm no expert gamer but part of the decision towards not adding too much to the lower tier/existing rubies might be due to the fact that gems have no level requirement. Adding a flawless ruby to a level 15 socketed weapon already doubles its DPS, if not more. Whereas even a 100% CD emerald would only add about 5% damage to a lower level char.

Might be one of their mistakes by not implementing level requirements for gems since day0. Wouldn't be too surprising to see that added though since SOJs were no level req and then upped to level 29.
    well rubies are not op compared to emerald..would prefere to give 10-15 ias tho' :D anyway rubies now are just retarded..
    Quote from elee02

i'm no expert gamer but part of the decision towards not adding too much to the lower tier/existing rubies might be due to the fact that gems have no level requirement. Adding a flawless ruby to a level 15 socketed weapon already doubles its DPS, if not more. Whereas even a 100% CD emerald would only add about 5% damage to a lower level char.

Might be one of their mistakes by not implementing level requirements for gems since day0. Wouldn't be too surprising to see that added though since SOJs were no level req and then upped to level 29.

Given that low-level play is already pretty faceroll, I don't think it'd be game-breaking if rubies were buffed. The game has been out for long enough that the vast majority of new characters are alts, in which case IMO it'd be a very good thing indeed if a buff to the damage on high-end rubies let us chew through the 1-60 tedium even faster that we can now.
    The new ruby adds a very large amount of average damage (150-150) so people with high attacks per second will gain a lot of DPS from it. Here's an example from the batlte.net forums:
    http://imgur.com/a/fjoMk#0
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709111939
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes