Don't nerf Crit, make other competing stats

Quote from shndany

Yes they're suggesting that. If they cap critical hit chance up to 30 or 40% they'll make useless the CM Wizard build (It would still work, but not at higher Monster Powers) and it would make useless the passive Night Stalker of the Demon Hunter. They'll make useless two type of characters in order to create build diversity, if they do this. Jesus Christ, how many times do I have to say it? Just thiiiiinkkkkkkk.

You are the one who should "just think."

If they nerfed crit chance, or capped it, it would be very easy (and has been suggested already in this thread) that abilities like CM and Nightstalker could be tuned to proc more, and with proper tuning would have near no effect on how the spec plays.

How can you have the audacity to tell other people to "think" when clearly there is a pretty obvious solution if they were to hardcap crit. Not that they would, but if they did they're not going to let that make any specs obsolete. Good lord. Hell, I'm not even advocating nerfing crit, or hardcapping it. But I can't stand the stupidity associated with thinking that they can't make CM and NS worthwhile to people unless they have ten bajillion % chance to crit.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from shndany

Yes they're suggesting that. If they cap critical hit chance up to 30 or 40% they'll make useless the CM Wizard build (It would still work, but not at higher Monster Powers) and it would make useless the passive Night Stalker of the Demon Hunter. They'll make useless two type of characters in order to create build diversity, if they do this. Jesus Christ, how many times do I have to say it? Just thiiiiinkkkkkkk.

You are the one who should "just think."

If they nerfed crit chance, or capped it, it would be very easy (and has been suggested already in this thread) that abilities like CM and Nightstalker could be tuned to proc more, and with proper tuning would have near no effect on how the spec plays.

How can you have the audacity to tell other people to "think" when clearly there is a pretty obvious solution if they were to hardcap crit. Not that they would, but if they did they're not going to let that make any specs obsolete. Good lord. Hell, I'm not even advocating nerfing crit, or hardcapping it. But I can't stand the stupidity associated with thinking that they can't make CM and NS worthwhile to people unless they have ten bajillion % chance to crit.

How can you even suggest that Blizzard is going to increase the proc chance? That's not going to happen.
    Also, a lot of people left this game when they nerfed % increased attack speed. And I think that a lot of people will leave this game if they put a cap to those stats. A lot of people spent a lot of money in gearing up their characters... Do you think that they'll be happy if Blizzard does this?
    If Blizzard puts a cap to critical hit chance and critical hit damage, they're not going to have a good time.
    Quote from shndany

How can you even suggest that Blizzard is going to increase the proc chance?

What world do you come from where it's not an option? I never said Blizzard would or would not do any of these things - I'm not even for a crit chance cap. But if you think that it's not an option they would consider then, well, that's why your whole argument sounds paranoid. Blizzard has used proc coefficients before as a means to tweak the effectiveness of a spec. To think that they couldn't do it in the future is just ignorant.

Speculating as to how many people would leave the game over it is tangential and doesn't actually bring anything to the discussion. The fact of the matter is that IF they decided to put a hard cap on crit chance there are still points around which they can tune talents like Nightstalker and Critical Mass. Your speculation as to what they would, or would not, do is just that - speculation.

No matter how hard you argue against it the point remains reasonable, logical, and valid.

Thanks for completely deralining the thread with your paranoia, though.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    I don't think it's really a matter of nerfing crit or buffing the other stats so much as making more runes work with non-crit stats. We already have passives and skills that feed off crits, but (almost?) all on-hit procs are scaled precisely to remove the effect of attack-speed, and as far as I know nothing depends directly on CrD (and it'd be kinda weird if it did... I've really understood why that stat exists, TBH).

I think Blizzard should think a bit more outside the box, though. I like the way some WD skills use PR, but imagine offensive rune-skill combos that used +orb health or lolthorns, or ones that added in other stats to their scaling... or go really nuts and scale elemental damage off their corresponding single resists (specifically excluding AR)

I'd love to see a D3 where there were one or two required stats that depended entirely on your build rather than just 'Mainstat, CrC, CrD, IAS.... kgo!'.

Full disclosure: I still love D3. I just wish she'd gain a few pounds and wear nicer clothes.
    Capping crit chance doesn't ruin any builds. They can just tweak proc coefficients and/or tweak the values in skills/passives.
    There's no point in putting a cap to critical hit damage and critical hit chance...
    Haven't you seen the recent updates to the Marquise Rubies? They're totally OP.

http://imgur.com/a/98Lrd/all
    http://i.imgur.com/QveBtY9.jpg

Now, please let's stop with this discussion.
    Let's not.

There is a point in capping stats. Or at least instating diminishing returns.
    Quote from maka

Let's not.

Haven't you seen the pictures? Jesus christ! Demon Hunters are now going to start using Calamity + Marquise Ruby
    Don't you understand?
    Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Let's not.

Haven't you seen the pictures? Jesus christ! Demon Hunters are now going to start using Calamity + Marquise Ruby
    Don't you understand?

I do understand.
    Here's what you don't understand: those Ruby numbers can be changed before/after the patch goes live.
    Quote from maka

Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Let's not.

Don't you understand?

I do understand.
    Here's what you don't understand: those Ruby numbers can be changed before/after the patch goes live.

WTF dude, Blizzard already said that they don't wan't to nerf critical hit chance and critical hit damage... They wan't to make % increased attack speed and average damage more useful to certain builds like Sentries Demon Hunters or Hydra Wizards.
    Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Let's not.

Don't you understand?

I do understand.

WTF dude, Blizzard already said that they don't wan't to nerf critical hit chance and critical hit damage... They wan't to make % increased attack speed and average damage more useful to certain builds like Sentries Demon Hunters or Hydra Wizards.

And Blizzard has never ever ever changed what they wrote in their initial patch notes..... /clap

Hard capping cc sounds like a good idea tbh, Blizzard just have to remember to buff skills like nightstalker and CM to compensate for it. This coming from a DH with +60% cc
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Quote from DreamWalker

Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Let's not.

Don't you understand?

I do understand.

And Blizzard has never ever ever changed what they wrote in their initial patch notes..... /clap

Hard capping cc sounds like a good idea tbh, Blizzard just have to remember to buff skills like nightstalker and CM to compensate for it. This coming from a DH with +60% cc

Before saying anything more you should see the pictures that I've posted :facepalm:
    If they cap critical hit chance all the people are going to start stacking attack speed and average damage... Then those stats are going to get crazy expensive and you guys are going to start saying:

"OMFG EVERYONE STACKS ATTACK SPEED AND IDONTKNOWWHAT PLEASE NERF NERF NERF"

:facepalm:
    Quote from DreamWalker

This coming from a wizard with +55% cc: Even if the cap is going to be 30% CM doesn't need to be buffed in the next couple of centuries. Or, like, ever. I tried it out once just for fun, even with 30% cc CM is still must-have for most wizard specs and still helps to be OP and bypass high-MP content.
    Quote from shndany

Quote from DreamWalker

Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Quote from shndany

Quote from maka

Let's not.

Don't you understand?

I do understand.

Before saying anything more you should see the pictures that I've posted :facepalm:
    If they cap critical hit chance all the people are going to start stacking attack speed and average damage... Then those stats are going to get crazy expensive......

Who says i haven't seen your pics? Who says i care one bit about your pics? What about your pics disproves a cap on cc would be a good idea?
    People won't start stacking atk speed and avg dmg just because you think they will... they still need CC to reach the hard cap won't they ? so CC is still stackable, just not as far as now. As long as they(Blizz) remember to buff the class skills that are going to need it, if putting a hard cap on CC. The new gems is just an alternative to using emeralds in all of your weaps. In fact, setting a cap will resolve in you not having to get CC on ALL of your gear to be optimized, only lets say 4-5 pcs instead of as many as possible, that leaving more room on the rest of your gear for ex. avg dmg/higher main stat/atk speed, thus making gear that hasn't got CC on it, worth a bit more, cause you can't stack CC as much. CC gear will only drop in price a little bit, since its still needed to reach the hard cap, gear with avg. dmg and atk speed will rise a bit naturally, but it won't become crazy expensive since you're not even sure if that's a part people need.. This will support the theory of enhancing gear diversity.

But so far this is all theory, untill Blizz actually does something about this CC/CHD dps only loving, it doesn't matter what you, me or anyone else thinks. We still lack build/gear diversity, and capping crit, I think sounds like a good idea.. as long as they compensate it on skills

Quote from shndany

.......and you guys are going to start saying:
    "OMFG EVERYONE STACKS ATTACK SPEED AND IDONTKNOWWHAT PLEASE NERF NERF NERF"

:facepalm:

So you can predict the future ? nice one.... Maybe stop wasting time on diablo and start playing lotto or something.
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Quote from DreamWalker

but it won't become crazy expensive. This will support the theory of enhancing gear diversity

People like to see big numbers in their DPS sheet. If they put a cap to critical hit chance, the OP stat will just change. And if everyone starts stacking that stat, the prices of that items will rise naturally. I seriously dunno why you think that prices won't rise.
    They should make average damage and attack speed more useful to certain builds, buff those stats. But putting a cap to critical hit chance?
    If you put a cap, you're actually going to kill diversity in itemization, Since everyone it's going to have the same amount of critical hit chance and critical hit damage. We're all going to have similar amount of DPS, the only thing that will mark a difference is going to be de weapon. It seems like a great idea huh?
    I hate how critical damage bonus has become so important that any item that doesn't have it is useless now. There are lots of cool items out there with great stats but because there is no critical on it, it's only good for garbage. Like I found a couple of 2 handed weapons, 1000+ dps, 500str, 250 vit and other cool shit, but no crit or socket, so I dumped it to vendor. Thank you blizz.
    Diablo is an action adventure game before an rpg.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes