No AH Mode?

I would love a NO-AH realm, I think the AH ruins the game. I'd rather find my own gear more often than finding crap items that I have to sell to gather money to get an upgrade bought by a flipper.

Ladder + self-found would be awesome!
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    The only way to really make this work would be

1. No AH access (obviously)
    2. No trading of any kind (otherwise it'd just become a magnet for spammers and scammers)
    3. Increased item quality (e.g. each attribute slot gets rolled 2 or 3 times, and the game picks the highest value)

... but the dev cost would be fairly high, and would have to be borne specifically by the people who won't be using it (RMAH users).

IMO the expansion would be the perfect time to just screw the whole idea of 'not splintering the playerbase' and just toss in a whole pile of game modes, as well as game modifiers like making elite packs always spawn in pairs, health orbs never spawn, all sorts of nonsense.

The problem I can see with all of this is that the number of people who say they want this sort of thing will be so much less than the number of people who actually use these features on an ongoing basis, which makes the dev cost difficult to justify.
    I would love to play with no ah mode, finding items for my character etc. But I think Ah is the reason we cant find a proper upgrade for ourselves because with 3-4 clicks we have a lot of pages with the upgrades we're looking for. So it makes the gear we find in our runs makes "not worthy"
    The game really does not need further population segmentation. There needs to be a happy medium.

D2 had one mode where everyone was satisfied, D3 can find the same sweet spot.
    p407 :: 86.3k EK :: 2.40m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

The game really does not need further population segmentation. There needs to be a happy medium.

D2 had one mode where everyone was satisfied, D3 can find the same sweet spot.

Offline lan parties? :P

No, but seriously. After being part of the Diablo fanbase for nearly 15 years, there's one thing I can state as a fact: different people like different things on their ARPGs.

Some people want the PvE competition (ladder). Some people want the game to be less competitive and serious (offline + lan modes, no AH, non-ladder) more fun focused. Some people want just PvP (and they swear that's the only true end-game there is). Some people want end-games from other game types (endless dungeons? Disgaea 1/2 ;)). Some people want massive innovation (new mechanics, new engine, new everything), while some want the most traditional experience possible (as D2-like as possible).

It's an insanely hard task to please all of them.

Darksiders 2 gave everything the fans wanted (and more), yet none of those "fans" bought it and THQ probably lost money doing the game. The newest DmC drama is a great example as well - amazing game, extremely well executed, solid gameplay and insane production values, but still trashed by their "fans" because of a few changes.

I actually kinda feel sorry for some gaming companies nowadays.
    Quote from aethsilgne

Hi all,

I have not played the game in a while (actually since the second week of release or so) but am looking forward to picking it up again. My biggest disappointment was the lack of a mode WITHOUT the AH.

I would like to play Hardcore + No AH, has this been implemented by now? Or are there any plans to do so?

I know I can simply not use the AH (I have never used it) but I would like to play with people whom are not using it too.

Thanks,

- Aeth

Why do you want to play only with people who choose to use a part of the game that is a legitimate way to sell items you find that are useful for your character and then buy items that are useful to your character? Pretty shallow man... I've stepped in deeper puddles...
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from aethsilgne

Hi all,

I have not played the game in a while (actually since the second week of release or so) but am looking forward to picking it up again. My biggest disappointment was the lack of a mode WITHOUT the AH.

I would like to play Hardcore + No AH, has this been implemented by now? Or are there any plans to do so?

I know I can simply not use the AH (I have never used it) but I would like to play with people whom are not using it too.

Thanks,

- Aeth

pls move on to a different game than making crappy threads

9/10 threads people cry for diablo 3, how amazing was diablo 2 and that they hate AH and RMAH
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes