Remember Diablo 3 in 2010?

i wanna play that game
    I remember when some years ago people used to be more happy of something that was provided to them and they respected others people work in that matter. I miss that. I wish no more crybaby and whining threads like this on any forum...just enjoy the game
    Quote from Enkeria

yes 2008

Some of of the things that did not make it to the launch:
    • Ladders to climb up and down on.
    • Boss Hero-Death animations.
    • These areas "Forgotten Tomb" does not exist and "Leorics Highland" changed much.
    • Cinematic cut-scenes in a middle of a dungeon.
    • UI system: Mana as a resource for all classes.
    • Hovering healthbar on each and every enemy only visable while hover mouse on them
    • The Talisman (icon between the weapon slots)
    • Inventory style changed into the "tetris" style.
    • "Super block" by skeletons with shield did not make all the way to the release and was weakend.
    • Number 5 "Scroll of townportal / identify" was scraped.
    • Random people you click on that will follow you (like those in this video, not chicken warriors Act 3 included).
    • Minor Energy Rune and Elixir of Vitalty do not appear in Diablo 3 at all (see around 04:22).
    • Inaccessable gaps wouldn't work at all since not all classes could pass them. Animation was pre-fixed. Just like the death-animation on the siege breaker.
    • Girls dancing before they explode just to be summoned into a mini-boss, which just became normal monster later on.
    • And many other things!

Thanks for the list! For most of this, I'm glad they didn't make it. Just takes a bit of thinking how these things would be received by the community by now. Let alone, none of the things that can be seen in the trailer fixes any of the "big issues" the main D3 haters utter every day on these forums.
    So glad i can finally see these ladders everybody is tlaking about.

I don't think they would make the game so much better though!
    When the topic mention D3 in 2010 I thought you were referring to this:

From 2:10 onwards.
    I would have like to play that game too.
    That's why all that footage at Blizzcon and similar events are so pointless, just like all interviews about D3. Pretty much every single thing they said changed completely. Nothing holds true anymore what was said 2-4 years ago.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    slower gameplay is a lot a lot better
    Browser MMORPG Developer
    I hate how they simplified the game to make it more appealing to casuals...gg marketing strategy
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from Ducha
    What relevance does that have to this thread at all? We're just discussing the video, I don't see any whining at all.

Well, I do see whining, right in the post above yours. :D

Thats not whining thats wishful thinking. Even diablo 2 who many think as the game which defined the genre was not perfect in a year,far from it.I just hope that the guy after wilson makes this gr8 game even gr8er.

I never had any problem with this game.People complain about drm policy.I dont cos its much better than getting hacked.(I've had my first bnet account hacked but thankfully it contained nothing LOL)

People complain that this game would've been 10x better without RMAH.I think with the 3rd party sites out there,it would have been 10x worse.

I love this game and have no complaint about it.(Except lag but its my internet's fault i guess)

Whenever someone says d3 is crappy and d2 is great they speak about their memories about d2 like how farming was great,how itemisation was great,etc etc. Well maybe u guys forgot but i played d2 for the first time in 2007 so i remember that it was not superior compared to d3.(And also d2 became the best game i had ever played until i met d3).

Although jay wilson said and did many things wrong, One thing he said was dead on accurate,"People remember things about diablo 2 which they did not actually experience".

So i was not whining but just hoping that d3 would become a great game.
    Grinding Gear Games (Company that produced POE): "These are great Ideas, we will use them for sure as they are clearly what the player base is looking for."

Blizzard: "While we agree that this game needs re-working and that these ideas could help the future of this game, we have no plans to listen to our fan-base at this time."

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tester_3211/media/Diablo3devs_zpscc5fbac9.jpg.html?state=replace
    Quote from sythan

I hate how they simplified the game to make it more appealing to casuals...gg marketing strategy

Yeah i still remember the day they changed the Skills UI to the current one and dumbed it down.Everyone was like"WTF?!? We hate this!!!". But they kept it

And also they removed the runestones and brought in the skill runes,again for casual players.
    Grinding Gear Games (Company that produced POE): "These are great Ideas, we will use them for sure as they are clearly what the player base is looking for."

Blizzard: "While we agree that this game needs re-working and that these ideas could help the future of this game, we have no plans to listen to our fan-base at this time."

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tester_3211/media/Diablo3devs_zpscc5fbac9.jpg.html?state=replace
    I posted this topic last night on the D3 forums. It WAS ERASED and I was banned for 72 hours.

Real nice they have time to delete threads and ban paying customers but cant fix the f^%$^ 395015 error on the PTR.

Slowly starting to dislike this company....
    Quote from gallaghd

I posted this topic last night on the D3 forums. It WAS ERASED and I was banned for 72 hours.

Real nice they have time to delete threads and ban paying customers but cant fix the f^%$^ 395015 error on the PTR.

Slowly starting to dislike this company....

Did you say something against their TOU? Or just post the video?
    My guess is you made some sort of comments thats against their TOU.
    Quote from kaos6

I remember when some years ago people used to be more happy of something that was provided to them and they respected others people work in that matter. I miss that. I wish no more crybaby and whining threads like this on any forum...just enjoy the game

Just enjoy the game!!! Now!!
    Lol.. i liked the game more in 2008. How the hell did they fail so badly 4 years later... it is completely insane. It's like they were thinking how to ruin the game and not how to improve it.
    Quote from Deventh

Lol.. i liked the game more in 2008. How the hell did they fail so badly 4 years later... it is completely insane. It's like they were thinking how to ruin the game and not how to improve it.

None of this was actually playable; first closed (friends & family) beta started just 16 months ago. And you don't sound like one of their friends & family members. Besides, since the beta was so limited in terms of content, none of the endgame (and that's what this game and its main criticism is about) has ever been tested besides by internal development teams. Judging by screenshots that something was better is purely romanticizing. They wouldn't change something if they don't have good reasons for it; sometimes it's not as obvious as it seems.
    Hi,

I have bought Diablo III, because of That Video from 2008 and so forth.
    I was hyped till played... I will never buy anything from Activision Blizzard.
    Just go http://www.activisionblizzard.com/ and look at posters...

" Skylanders Franchise Reaches More Than $500 Million in U.S. Retail Sales "
    " Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Downloadable Content Pack Coming First, Exlusively to Xbox Live January 29th "
    " Call of Duty: Black Ops II Grosses $1 Billion in 15 Days "
    " World's Best StarCraft II & World of Warcraft Arena Pro Gamers Face Off This Weekend at Battle.net World Championship "
    " Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Infest Stores March 12, 2013 "

All those news are just for Hype.
    (Just look how good we are. Our games are The Best. You have to play it. Our company is ultra large, and stable.)

It is no more Blizzard North, new Acti/Blizz is big cow for milking $.

---
    There are more. Their Business Model is to blow, and drag money from us.
    Starcraft II wiped for Three Parts
    [ You will need those content, not for story itself, but for new units to compete with new trends ]
    Diablo III wiped for Three Parts
    [ that's why they cut nearly everything from original game, to deliver us incomplete Game, and incomplete servers. France and Germany goes to High Court, immediately Acti/Blizz mass refunds ]
    Wolrd of Warcraft, You pay for game monthly OK, but You can buy in game things like mounts etc, for extra 10$.
    Theirs Games cost too High, for example Diablo III 59.99e.

Now I am dead, to Zeal Fan-base...
    Funny that most of you guys bitched it when the first gameplay videos came out. Why is it looks happy? Why is it colorful? WoW graphics etc. and now slower gameplay is better? :facepalmsmile:
    All i can say for myself is that i hyped to much and whaited this long for a game that kept me there for 300 hours. Yeah sure Its kinda alot of hours but not really for a game like this. I probably stayde that "long" aswell just beacuse of my fools hope for something would happend in the next patch. But meh.

Its not diablo. Its the new and improved diablo 3 THE campaign! It just feels... a bit of for me. But yeah, hope they fix this junk game in the expansion. If there even will bee one that i highly doubt.

Dropp the skill system / passive system. I've said it on other post and i will say it again. Trash that as fast as you can. Its not wow. We want to customize our chars. You want to feel more powerfull when you lvl, you want to feel the satisfaction when you get a new level. Not just "oh a new rune. Cool. i will just stick with what i have and pewpew like I've always done." Yeah... that dosnt work for me. Sorry.
    "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit." - Vidar the Collector

Number 1 DH in Crit dmg @ World. Working for NR 1 in life aswell!
    Quote from WeweW

Funny that most of you guys bitched it when the first gameplay videos came out. Why is it looks happy? Why is it colorful? WoW graphics etc. and now slower gameplay is better? :facepalmsmile:

Who, me? You say "You", but no arguments, who exactly. Big mouth nothing else...
    You can dislike someparts of game but still enjoying it.
    i think the thing people look over the most is diablo's history. look at D2, the original product was good, but no where near what it ended up being.

D2 wasnt very good at release, and when most of the original designers left they brought in a new guy who gave us a awesome expansion and synergies to make alot of the abilities better.

now that wilson is gone. im hoping history repeats its self and we get a guy who will makes things better, mainly 4v4 battlegrounds(maybe dota like?) and one awesome expansion!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes