Crafting Ilvl 63 amulets

I saw you needed a perfect gem to craft an amulet. And i just wondered can that be true? I mean you get that in nightmare or something like that. Or by "perfect" do they mean the BEST gem? That's just unrealistic i think.
    Thank you in advance (:
    Bogurk
    Perfect gems are a very low tier gem that costs 6700 gold (for ruby) on the ah atm, dont really think thats 2 much to ask.
    I think it's perfect square.
    Well yeah i thought about that too, but it's just weird they didn't write perfect squares then..
    It is Perfect Square. http://bchantech.dreamcrafter.com/blog_files/img/fall2012/2013_01_17_D3PTR.jpg
    It takes 27 Flawless squares to make a Star. plus the tos's and gold cost.
    It costs about 170.000/amulet. 3 flawless squares (=1 perfect), a Brimstone and a Essence. Really cheap.
    Thanks alot for your replies :)
    Quote from seraphim4

Perfect gems are a very low tier gem that costs 6700 gold (for ruby) on the ah atm, dont really think thats 2 much to ask.

Too bad the RNG sucks donkey dong and it will take thousands of tries and millions of gold to get a decent amulet.
    Quote from Nikdik

It wouldnt be unreasonable if the RNG didn't suck.
    Quote from seraphim4

Too bad the RNG sucks donkey dong and it will take thousands of tries and millions of gold to get a decent amulet.

With the 200+ Prim Stat fixed... its really easy. If you aren't one of these Paragon 100 Nerds, you probably get a upgrade in your frist 25 tries.
    I got these 2 in the first 3 tries!
    Quote from Andarus

Quote from Nikdik

It wouldnt be unreasonable if the RNG didn't suck.
    Quote from seraphim4

With the 200+ Prim Stat fixed... its really easy. If you aren't one of these Paragon 100 Nerds, you probably get a upgrade in your frist 25 tries.
    I got these 2 in the first 3 tries!

Most impressive. How does the other armor come out in terms of quality? Does it have potential to be BIS?
    Afaik, these iLevel 63 crafted items can't roll anything that iLevel 63 loot from monsters couldn't roll (if that's not the case, please someone correct me). Therefore, if a rare item could roll BiS before, so can the crafts; otherwise they won't. For wizards it's only jewelry and gloves. And I think these items are the ones that will be crafted the most, by far.

Obviously, all depends on your gear; if you already have a BiS item you need to be extremely lucky or craft millions of items before you get an upgrade. But in that case, any upgrade from the AH wouldn't be cheap either...
    Amulet can roll up to 400 Mainstat. I don't think normal amulets can do that.
    Quote from Diavolo222

100 paragon nerds lol...ure a kinda late on that since its easy as fuck to get 100 and it will be even easier after patch.Hell im 89 and I barely play 3 hours a week.Why so jelly?U prolly are the 2k elites kills guy that whines on forums.

With 3 hours a week you would reach paragon 100 not before summer 2013 - that is, if you play super effective like a farming bot during these 3 hours a week. Please stop exaggerating. ~8500 players of ~15 million (?) reached paragon 100, so it's definitely not "easy as fuck". "Paragon nerd" is a bit offensive, though.
    Quote from Bagstone

Afaik, these iLevel 63 crafted items can't roll anything that iLevel 63 loot from monsters couldn't roll (if that's not the case, please someone correct me). Therefore, if a rare item could roll BiS before, so can the crafts; otherwise they won't. For wizards it's only jewelry and gloves. And I think these items are the ones that will be crafted the most, by far.

All the crafted items will have a slightly higher primary stat max value than the ones that drop. Amulets get 201-230 base stat, while the drops get 200 as max roll. With a double stat it's 350 str/int/dex/vit, which will be 380 on crafts. Not a huge difference, but definetly better. The point however, is that on crafts 1 correct stat is there and with an already higher value than a drop could ever roll AND it always has 5 additional affixes, while drops can have 3, 4 or 5, making the crafts so much easier to be better.
    Thanks! So, does that mean that crafted Archon shoulders can be better than or equal to Vile Ward? Or is it just "a slightly higher primary stat" and not close enough to the 300 that Vile Ward can roll?

Well, after all, it might be worthwhile to try to make some shoulders, I guess ;-)
    Quote from Bagstone

Thanks! So, does that mean that crafted Archon shoulders can be better than or equal to Vile Ward? Or is it just "a slightly higher primary stat" and not close enough to the 300 that Vile Ward can roll?

Well, after all, it might be worthwhile to try to make some shoulders, I guess ;-)

Well i didn't catch how much primary stat is base on the craft shoulder, but i doubt its 200, because that's how much it would need to be in order to equal a VW for you.

The exception would be the STR version since that one is already better than a VW now. The craft will push it even further and raise the STR above 300 by a bit.

edit: Just got a dex pattern on PTR. 101-115 primary stat on shoulder, making it 215 max vs 300 on VW
    Quote from Diavolo222

100 paragon nerds lol...ure a kinda late on that since its easy as fuck to get 100 and it will be even easier after patch.Hell im 89 and I barely play 3 hours a week.Why so jelly?U prolly are the 2k elites kills guy that whines on forums.

I play like 1-3 runs a day and I'm Paragon 62... 89 with 3 hours a week, stop trolling kid ;)Alwas the same with these kids: "I managed to get Paragon 100 with playing 30min a day blalblabla bullshit"

And btw "Nerd" is not offensive at all lol, we are all nerds.
    I made 12 amulets on the test server, this was my highest pure dps of the bunch. It would definitely be an upgrade over what I have now. It cost me 1.2 million to make the 12, because I had the mats. Some of the others had stats like 40+ mf, or 800+ life on hit. If you can make 100 amulets for just 10 - 20 million (depending on your mats), it seems like a good deal to me.

i think that I'll carft them until I get a quadrifecta... I'm paragon 90, and there's noting else to do when I get 100.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes