Bosses drop chance

I just wondered if bosses got higher legendary drop chance than packs, and i think it's a shame it's not alot bigger if it even is bigger. In my runs, and in many other persons runs i know they don't kill bosses either. I think it's a shame bosses is not a part of runs, since it's something different that makes the game better IMO. I still kill the bosses from time to time, but not for loot, just for a little challenge, and something different. I think the drop chance for legenday on bosses should be like 10 or 20 times higher than on a pack. If you compare to diablo 2, what i liked was i could open the game, go kill a boss, and boom 100% legendary. I don't think the chance should be that high, but atleast make it higher than packs??
    I think bosses have higher drop chance, same as keywardes. I have had one double leg drop and it was from a boss. But I agree they could DOUBLE IT. :P
    Quote from Bogok

If you compare to diablo 2, what i liked was i could open the game, go kill a boss, and boom 100% legendary. I don't think the chance should be that high, but atleast make it higher than packs??

What I didn't like about D2 was you open the game, kill a boss, rinse & repeat. 99% of D2's content was never visited by any player. I'm extremely happy they changed that in D3.

Boss drop rates are fine, if they were any better, people would go back to the old D2 pattern of neglecting 90% of game content. Even though people are complaining as hell, right now the "most efficient farming run" includes about 15-20% of the game, in D2 it was 1% (Baal, nothing else).
    it should be something like this:
    you have to play act from start to finish and then act boss has mp% chance to drop legendary or set (mp 4=40% chance for example). with mp10 you would get 100% but it could be shitty anyways. "small bosses" would have 50% chance from that (mp4 = 20% chance).
    this way it would be awesome to fight bosses and ppl would run almost 100% of game content.
    I think drop rate for bosses is just fine as it is - considering they are easier to kill than most elites.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Bogok

If you compare to diablo 2, what i liked was i could open the game, go kill a boss, and boom 100% legendary. I don't think the chance should be that high, but atleast make it higher than packs??

What I didn't like about D2 was you open the game, kill a boss, rinse & repeat. 99% of D2's content was never visited by any player. I'm extremely happy they changed that in D3.

Boss drop rates are fine, if they were any better, people would go back to the old D2 pattern of neglecting 90% of game content. Even though people are complaining as hell, right now the "most efficient farming run" includes about 15-20% of the game, in D2 it was 1% (Baal, nothing else).

I agree with you at some point, but as it is right now the most efficient runs doesn't include bosses. I think you should atleast make the chance higher so the bosses could be a part of the runs.
    Quote from Ashes

I think drop rate for bosses is just fine as it is - considering they are easier to kill than most elites.

I know bosses are easier, but bosses also take longer time, which is why no one are running them. compared to the time spent packs are 10 times better than any boss.
    I think they should make the chance a bit bigger, cuz now there is rly no reason to do bosses, im not speaking about somethin ng dramatic just up it from like 0.001 to 0.002% or so or just give us some reason to do them cuz at this stage of game 2guaranteed rares is rly not worth it
    As stated above the boss drop rates are on par with keywardens, and last weekend I got a double set drop off the A2 keywarden! Never seen that off an elite pack ;-). Keep killing bosses, it's basically like running into one extra elite pack, the drops will come.
    Blizz could force you to start far off from a boss after you kill it the first time.
    Like two or 3 missions earlier, that would force players to run at least a third of an Act.
    Es. if you want to run The Butcher you need to start from Leoric Manor otherwise no act boss or no drop increase.
    Add that to minibosses like Skeleton King (you should be forced to start from, say, finding the crown in the cemetery) and players will need to run most of act 1.
    Quote from pikke

Blizz could force you to start far off from a boss after you kill it the first time.
    Like two or 3 missions earlier, that would force players to run at least a third of an Act.
    Es. if you want to run The Butcher you need to start from Leoric Manor otherwise no act boss or no drop increase.
    Add that to minibosses like Skeleton King (you should be forced to start from, say, finding the crown in the cemetery) and players will need to run most of act 1.

I think this is a brilliant idea. The hardcore exp farmers wouldn't care, but if you want to have some more fun and variety, and more drops this would be ideal. I love it ^^ +1
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Bogok

With this big gap in player gear, it might have to happen if they want PVP to mean anything.

I cant imagine a player who is stuck at MP2 level going against someone who can roast things in MP8.

From what I have analyzed so far in this game, unless you spending a good bit of money, you are pretty much required to farm for about 700+ hours total before you even got a chance at anything higher than MP5 or 6.

Its ludicrous.

I think the only legit way to fix this loot system is run it like World of Warcrafts system, least the system WOW had in place about 3-4 years ago before Argent Dawn BS came, No game out there should EVER have such a gap in gear on a player like Diablo 3 has, no game dont except Everquest, thats old washed up with no one in it anymore, most in part for that reason to.
    Quote from wwepatriot

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Bogok

With this big gap in player gear, it might have to happen if they want PVP to mean anything.

I cant imagine a player who is stuck at MP2 level going against someone who can roast things in MP8.

From what I have analyzed so far in this game, unless you spending a good bit of money, you are pretty much required to farm for about 700+ hours total before you even got a chance at anything higher than MP5 or 6.

Its ludicrous.

I think the only legit way to fix this loot system is run it like World of Warcrafts system, least the system WOW had in place about 3-4 years ago before Argent Dawn BS came, No game out there should EVER have such a gap in gear on a player like Diablo 3 has, no game dont except Everquest, thats old washed up with no one in it anymore, most in part for that reason to.

Why do people have to be on equal footing in pvp? Why do you think people who hop on the game for 30 minutes a week deserve the same rewards as those who do 8 hours a night?
    This is neither a PvP thread, nor the PvP forum. Please don't derail this topic - it's about boss drop chance. Thanks.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Bogok

Well you mostly just see like 1/4 of all acts (act3) and that is not even the whole act anyways so. on 5 stacks boss should have x2 leg drop.
    Quote from Zakumene

Quote from wwepatriot

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Bogok

Its ludicrous.

Why do people have to be on equal footing in pvp? Why do you think people who hop on the game for 30 minutes a week deserve the same rewards as those who do 8 hours a night?

Word brobeans!
    Quote from Zakumene

Quote from wwepatriot

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Bogok

Its ludicrous.

They dont have to be.

But they should stand a chance to some degree, the issue with this game is is Skill does not not dictate power, this a very basic fundamental rule in gaming that is flawed in this game.

As for Boss drops.......... Shouldnt killing bosses mean something outside of quest?

I rest my case.

You dont go into World of Warcraft and kill Ragnaros and see all blues drop do you? You dont go farming trash mobs for godly drops in WOW do you?

No, you dont do this in any game but fucking D3, thats an issue.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Bogok

I find this post ridiculous.

If you switch "boss" with "act 3" it would be a perfect description of D3.

"What I didn't like about D3 was you open the game, kill act 3, rinse & repeat. 99% of D3's content was never visited by any player. I'm extremely happy they changed that in D3 patch XX."

You don' farm all of act 3, you dont kill bosses in act 3, so it's not 15-20% of the game.......
    Quote from ghoppe

it should be something like this:
    you have to play act from start to finish and then act boss has mp% chance to drop legendary or set (mp 4=40% chance for example). with mp10 you would get 100% but it could be shitty anyways. "small bosses" would have 50% chance from that (mp4 = 20% chance).
    this way it would be awesome to fight bosses and ppl would run almost 100% of game content.

Except one of Blizzards design goals for D3 is to not force people to have to play an hour straight every time they sat down. So whether your decision is good or bad, it won't happen because it is against their design goal.

I personally don't agree with your idea, just because I don't like playing an entire act in order for a run to be efficient. But thats just my Opinion.
    Quote from patcarnig

As stated above the boss drop rates are on par with keywardens, and last weekend I got a double set drop off the A2 keywarden! Never seen that off an elite pack ;-). Keep killing bosses, it's basically like running into one extra elite pack, the drops will come.

Except KWs are right along the run, no annoying cutscenes, and take 1/5th the time to kill without slowing down your run.

As long as bosses take 10 times longer than an elite to kill, and offer only a % more loot, they won't be worth doing.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes