jay wilson quit diablo 3

YES! YESSSS!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST PUT MY SKILLPOINTS NOW!
    They should hire David Brevik to do the expansion
    Quote from Astrand

Captain has abandoned the ship.
    I have a bad feeling about this.

Maybe he never was in control of the ship to begin with. If you know what I mean..

Quote from sechssechssechs

Hope this will turn out well for the future of the game...

Like Jay Wilson was the problem to begin with...
    And like the game is salvagable too...

Anyway for me it was pretty much a known thing he would quit or be fired from the moment he tweeted about the pvp blog then had to draw back that statement. It showed there was some discord between him and maybe some higher ranked actiblizzard officials.

I don't know if it was the begin of the end or just one thing made public amongst others. Maybe he got tired and left or simply got fired.
    At any rate Jay Wilson sure looks convenient now as a scap goat, and I don't see him finding a game dev. job anytime soon.

So, for the very last time: f*ck that looser!
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Firstly, I think a lot of people will be very suprised at how little difference this makes. 'Lead Designer' is a fairly vague job description in a company as large as Blizzard. On a design team with dozens of people in it, it may not mean much more than 'The guy who reports to the SLT and acts as community lightning rod'.

Secondly, 7 years O_O No wonder he wants to move on. I get itchy feet after 2 or 3 years on the same project.

Thirdly, I suspect he made that decision right after the 'FTG post', but wanted to put some distance between that and the acual announcement. He clearly wasn't up to to dealing with the howling hate-vortex that is Blizzard fandom.
    oh, hes jumping the ship?

or, is he jumping into the new mmo? i think so.

regarding hes statements at a certain event (open world diablo kinda) and the rumors being that Titans is a Diablo spin-off, i guess this seems logical. even if d3 was blizzards biggest flop to date (not money wise... but how many are still playing it that got it in the start? hmm? its not like the servers are full) he DO have allot of experience whit Diablo and could use that experience in that title

BUT, Jay Willson will have to live whit that twitter comment. im sorry to say it but it kinda decided my feelings for the man :/ it was a bad move.
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    Quote from Catalept

Firstly, I think a lot of people will be very suprised at how little difference this makes. 'Lead Designer' is a fairly vague job description in a company as large as Blizzard. On a design team with dozens of people in it, it may not mean much more than 'The guy who reports to the SLT and acts as community lightning rod'.

Secondly, 7 years O_O No wonder he wants to move on. I get itchy feet after 2 or 3 years on the same project.

Thirdly, I suspect he made that decision right after the 'FTG post', but wanted to put some distance between that and the acual announcement. He clearly wasn't up to to dealing with the howling hate-vortex that is Blizzard fandom.

"Vague" LOL.
    There is people who work in there for more than 15 years and are still going strong.
    Clearly the decision wasn't his, but from a higher up.
    He's not quitting Blizzard, just the Diablo team. And be warned that this topic might get very wild, very fast and there will be heavy moderation if things get out of control. Just be civil.

Ha. Bagstone.

I'm a bit bummed to see someone leave like this, but hate to say, a bit excited too. I've never hated on D3 much, but then again, I'm always open to change, which is probably why I never hated D3... lol

Here's to a bright and exciting future...?

Seven years on one game IS a long time. Perhaps some fresh perspective is what this game needs now. Jay has put in a good foundation, now we just need someone with more creative energy to spend to get crazy on this game.
    Jay Wilson joined Blizzard in 2007, so not sure where he took that "7 year celebration" from. Unless he is writing this letter from the future?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    He made his millions, time for him to move on to another game and ruin that one too. Diablo III isn't as good as it could have been and it shows. Hopefully the expansion will be better but I'm not holding my breath.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

Jay Wilson joined Blizzard in 2007, so not sure where he took that "7 year celebration" from. Unless he is writing this letter from the future?

american education system...
    It'll be interesting to see what direction the game will take.
    I wonder if Jay is going to work on Titan now..
    Quote from Kblavkalash

It's about time...

But seriously, i like this guy, he made a lot of good things for d3, but also a lot of ridiculously bad ones.

Can anyone really legitly state the good things he did for D3?

Development staff never quite got outside the box in the thinking process with this game compared to the staff that did Diablo II.
    Quote from wwepatriot

Quote from Kblavkalash

It's about time...

But seriously, i like this guy, he made a lot of good things for d3, but also a lot of ridiculously bad ones.

Can anyone really legitly state the good things he did for D3?

Development staff never quite got outside the box in the thinking process with this game compared to the staff that did Diablo II.

well he did release the current beta version of D3 that we are playing so yeah...
    I'm not really surprised. Fans and haters wanted a scape goat and they got it. I just hope for the best for Diablo 3, a game that i like (or liked whatever, i'm on a break now).
    There were some highly embarrassing things that were clearly and obviously mismanaged on his watch. The outcome is not surprising. I don't feel one way or the other about it -- I'm just not surprised about it.
    This is how I feel right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBrLHMCTDAA
    I think it's probably the right thing for the game.

The community, by and large, has been thirsting for blood and calling for his head for a long time. I don't support that sentiment, but it's not an environment in which he can succeed. He'll be better off wherever else in Blizzard he ends up, quite honestly.
    p420 :: 88.4k EK :: 2.45m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Seifa

I'm not really surprised. Fans and haters wanted a scape goat and they got it. I just hope for the best for Diablo 3, a game that i like (or liked whatever, i'm on a break now).

To say if the Fans are right or wrong, I dont know, I can tell you fans in World of Warcraft often times is ones you dont listen to, otherwise you get the product you get now in that game, which is a POS.

as for Jay Wilson, its been known they hired a bunch of failures to do this game as well, So its no wonder why we see what we see now.

Also since Activision has come into the fray, everything has went down hill for Blizzard, I bet all chips it was Activisions brilliant money making minds that put the Diablo III AH, RMAH system into place. Remember, Activision is the same loonies that has killed the Call of Duty franchise by putting less content in the game each time, charging for DLC that use to be free, and then bumping up the price of the game by $10.
    Feels like this is way to late to fix this game, but maybe it could be good in expansion.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes