Your opinion on 1.07?

Actually i'm bored after playing for 2h on the PTR. First we played some duels with friends, then we farmed some new plans, we crafted "new" items and then... meh Exit Game.

It can be fun to play some duels from time to time (unless you are playing against legeacy natalia set DH) but its boring for me after few kills/deaths.
    Its unbalanced, "for fun" feature so don't even try to look for competitive deep gameplay, yup its still just Diablo.

The new crafting looks pretty pointless just like the old one. The items we crafted were as shit as the everyday vendor drops, the difference is that you have to pay for it.
    Seems like the amulets are only items worth crafting.

Nice buff on red gems.

So to sum it up:

Duels are not bad if you're not expecting something more than you should.
    The rest of the added content is not interesting enough for me.The game don't need something like this and i don't see the point in adding new yellow crafting plans because its not solving the crafting problem.
    It can be good gold sink (just like the marquis gems) but i'd add some kind of item modifiers to fix the itemization and crafting.
    I'm dissapointed and waiting another months for 1.08.
    Haha I so knew legacy nat will be annoying as hell in pvp...

That's why I've stocked up a few for pennies.
    Sounds about right
    great patch ! duels are amazing source of fun :) new crafting etc, diablo is getting better and better :] gotta pimp some more LoH and life amount :D and i will rock my friends on pvp :D
    yes it is a load of rubbish, i believe honestly that Blizz has just one coder working on D3.

Why don't they open the game to the mod community and get a proper game. let them mod it but make it only possible to host on there servers and Blizz keeps the rights to the work done.

At the mo pvp sucks as its not open ie. you can only pvp you \ F L wich is very bad as most players only have say 10 active players on the \FL take mine for example i out gear all of them by say 3 to 1. so whats the point of us pvp they die one hit pointless i want to fight players that kill me..

Cheers Tuplo
    PVP could work if we all take our items off, But since hero builds are so unbalanced it can not lol..
    My opinion is that they nerfed monks.
    Sweeping wind snapshot mechanics was not an exploit, the exploit was changing gear for the snapshot.
    using your buffs before you activate a skill is, if I remember correctly, something other classes do too.
    I used to kill ghom in 1:20, in PTR it takes me 1:30
    this also means that I'm gaining less life steal and end up dying more.

Increasing dmg to the skills is good, but that was never the problem that monks have. Our problem is the passives, and the fact that all skills are actually pretty bad when comparing with barbs.

with barbs, you chose which skill is best, and your problem is deciding that, with monks your only problem is deciding which one is the least bad.

15% crit chance and 50% crit dmg from a passive? 3% life steal on a passive so I can use a better weapon?
    how about becoming a super saiya with crit, attack speed, cc immunity and everything else?
    no, instead, we get a buff to sanctuary... oh boy!
    They are not fixing the core problems of the game.. so, it's a sort of letdown. At the same time, I don't expect anything anymore from Blizzard so is not a letdown if I look it that way.
    got bored of dueling in like 10 mins. it's a matter of who crits first really. was hoping for a different experience but nevermind.
    about crafting, it's a bit interesting. demonic essences drop decenlty, managed to get a few plans, got the amulet of intel, made like 10 and crafter a nice little ammy (120 intel, 210 vit, 200armor, 97 CHD, 10CC, too bad it's the ptr hehe)
    Demonic essence and the archon plan must be in different colour then rare item to see them when they drop.
    To sum my thoughts up:

Ghom will prolly be the plan farming boos, takes around 2-3 minutes to get five stacks and to kill him for me as a DH and since you only need stacks not MP then zero is the fastet choice. After he is dead just quit and retake quest and repeat.

Demonic essence will dropp a lot, even on MP0, prolly end up having way too many.

PvP was, well, I got bored pretty fast. Sure it ain't optimal atm and by adding rules/tournaments it prolly be decent. But I'm not a fan of PvP in any games (except shooters, hehe) but us Demon Hunters running around with Smokescreen and Impale was just like one or two shooting things all the time.
    Can't say much about crafting other than cost for gloves seems reasonable and I might go for it.
    However I liked dueling with my tank barb, and if I manage to get more damage with same EHP I might like it even more. Unfortunately what bothered me the most, was casting animations that didn't do anything because someone moved out of range while it was performed. I hope this is not how it's going to be after PTR.
    Nerf Storm Armor radius.

Nerf Wave of Light damage.

Nerf Strafe damage.

Nerf Haunt damage.

Nerf Ground Stomp duration.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    It's not a bad start I guess. I still have faith in Blizzard! It would be nice to see some end game content that was really enduring. Infinite dungeons where enemies gain HP and Damage each level and in turn you gain MF and GF. It could be fun to see how many levels you could actually make it through. It would be a great way to test your characters progression and it would have longevity.
    This is for sure one of worst patches ever. Have you seen the PVP?
    1)They have not balanced anything, this is something we could have gotten on release, not something that should take 8 months to develop!
    2)What have they done to the economy: nothing. First of all whatever you find now if it is not the best of the best, you would not be able to sell if you don't undercut the price for 40+%. The reason being new Account bound items, everyone will craft them, and not being able to sell. This game is slowly but surely turning into one big giant AB game. What the hell, why don't they just remove the trading and done!
    3)3 Radiant gems + 20 mil for the next tier of gem. So 80m-140m depending on the type, for what another increment that means nothing. 90% of players dont even have all radiant gems
    4)Where is the end game: new AB items. C'mon!

EDIT: i forgot to put NOT in: and not being able to sell

1)They have not balanced anything, this is something we could have gotten on release, not something that should take 8 months to develop!
    2)What have they done to the economy: nothing. First of all whatever you find now if it is not the best of the best, you would not be able to sell if you don't undercut the price for 40+%. The reason being new Account bound items, everyone will craft them, and being able to sell. This game is slowly but surely turning into one big giant AB game. What the hell, why don't they just remove the trading and done!
    3)3 Radiant gems + 20 mil for the next tier of gem. So 80m-140m depending on the type, for what another increment that means nothing. 90% of players dont even have all radiant gems

You claim they haven't done anything about the economy, yet you the go on to state something that will help the economy.. The gems are a huge gold sink and this will help lower the prices of top tier items.

You also say that you have to undercut the AH prices by 40% to sell. Well, if the AH prices needs to be undercut, then the REAL value of the item is 40% lower than on AH. Simple. You are undercutting inflated prices, so the AH prices aren't correct. Seems fine to me.

90% don't have radient gems? Pff, where do you get those stats? I'd say 10% don't have. Maybe. Also, why would the very best items (or gems in this case) be something everyone could get right away? It's nice to have something to strive for, isn't it?

But I agree with the PvP comment you make. This could have been out on launch. The one hitting first, wins. Oh well. Diablo will always be a PvE/PvM game to me :)

2)What have they done to the economy: nothing. First of all whatever you find now if it is not the best of the best, you would not be able to sell if you don't undercut the price for 40+%. The reason being new Account bound items, everyone will craft them, and being able to sell. This game is slowly but surely turning into one big giant AB game. What the hell, why don't they just remove the trading and done!

You claim they haven't done anything about the economy, yet you the go on to state something that will help the economy.. The gems are a huge gold sink and this will help lower the prices of top tier items.

You also say that you have to undercut the AH prices by 40% to sell. Well, if the AH prices needs to be undercut, then the REAL value of the item is 40% lower than on AH. Simple. You are undercutting inflated prices, so the AH prices aren't correct. Seems fine to me.

90% don't have radient gems? Pff, where do you get those stats? I'd say 10% don't have. Maybe. Also, why would the very best items (or gems in this case) be something everyone could get right away? It's nice to have something to strive for, isn't it?

But I agree with the PvP comment you make. This could have been out on launch. The one hitting first, wins. Oh well. Diablo will always be a PvE/PvM game to me :)

Gems are a huge gold sink I agree on that, but the problem is that I think most of the people would not do this. Would you give 80 milion for 4 int/dex/str. Think about it???? Only the best of the best would do that, read the richest! This would not help the economy, since so small % of people would do that.
    I guess that there is no real way to find the exact procentage of the people having all of the gems radiant. Sure as hell all of my friends don't have them, although I admit the numbers are probably off.

I believe that there is almost nothing they can do to fix the economy. It is very bad that you have to find a legendary or very very good rare in order to be able to sell it. I remember that in the days of D2 you could find a white items with sockets, and you could get something out of them too. Think that they ruined the game when they created legendaries so good that there is no way for a rare can be better. Take 2 handers for example only thing good is skorn! Shoulders = vile ward! Or all chest pieces! Sure rings can probably be better than some legendaries, and maybe there are other few examples, but in general legendary is the way to go. This is bad for the economy, no one wants the "crappy" rare when legendary is better and is the only option, so you have to undercut the value of that item compared to legendary everyone wants.

AB items will not help the economy, they will ruin it. Make it craft and then you have gold sink, and a reason for people to trade + another gold sink, 15% of the sale!

It's not a bad start I guess. I still have faith in Blizzard! It would be nice to see some end game content that was really enduring. Infinite dungeons where enemies gain HP and Damage each level and in turn you gain MF and GF. It could be fun to see how many levels you could actually make it through. It would be a great way to test your characters progression and it would have longevity.

THIS is the kind of content that we really need. But unfortunately this will never be implemented.

THIS is the kind of content that we really need. But unfortunately this will never be implemented.

Except we can already do this right now for fun, by increasing our mp level every game, but people play 3-4 areas of act3 at mp0-1 because it gives them 5.48% more xp (or gold) per hour.

You realize when you price items you're finding items that HAVENT sold - so either the item is really good and should have sold - or its overpriced. You can quickly determine if its worth buying and flip it - otherwise you'll at least know the price your item wont sell for.

If you don't want trading you should consider a different game - like torch light.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes