How will the 5 stack persisting through Acts work?

Will we be able to get 5 stacks in Vault of the Assassin for example and then go to menus and change quest to Heart of the Sin in Act 3 and do an Act 3 run with 5 stacks?

Because it can't just really be that you keep the stacks after ending an act, that would just be pointless.
    Also I wonder if you keep the stacks if you leave a run, and resumes the same run to do it again. Or if you would have to stack up again, as it is now.
    I doubt NV stacks persists between games, because then you can just farm a single area over and over again which was half of what the NV system was meant to prevent.
    Quote from Zyfoh

Because it can't just really be that you keep the stacks after ending an act, that would just be pointless.

actually... i think it is just that. now after you finish an act 3 run, you can kill azmo and go to act 4 with your 5 stacks if you want.
    I think you won't be able to quit and go to another quest, and it will only persist if you actually finish the Act by killing the boss.

It makes more sense to me like that to me. But I wouldn't mind if they just gave me a 15 min timer to leave the game and continue playing later to keep NV persist.
    This is a start, let's just hope they'll open up totally like it was in D2.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    NV persisting between acts is pointless. The only characters who even travel between acts are ones that don't care if they have NV stacks or not, because they're still completing the game on Inferno and so their gear is shitty. They can't actually farm anyway.

Unless they link the whole game together like in D2, this change was more or less just a waste of some software engineer's afternoon.
    Maybe it's pointless for those who want to "farm effectively as many items as they can and as fast as possible to generate tons of gold and legendaries". For those people, everything is pointless except a Ladder or PvP. They don't hunt items to have fun, they think it's a competition (when it clearly isn't).

It's not pointless for people who play with their friends and just wanna see different areas of the game, and have a reason to fight the Act boss without thinking they're throwing away their NV stacks.

With bosses having 50% chance of dropping those end-game recipes, I'm pretty sure some people will be doing some speed runs with friends through the acts to get to each boss asap. Probably more fun than just getting 5 stacks and killing the boss.
    People won't switch acts in 1.0.7. Its not efficient at all. I don't really see any use in this change.
    Blizzard should look more at D2, make it possible to jump to any location from within a game. Why not? To force people to chace 5 buffs?? Whats the point of that?
    **Farming is my life**
    This!! 10000 times this! Never understood why this wasn't in there to begin with.
    Keeping NV stacks is simply there for people playing act III who want to farm act IV. Otherwise there is no way to 5 NV Rakanoth for example.
    Quote from rebjorn

This is a start, let's just hope they'll open up totally like it was in D2.

I'm waiting for this since I started playing this game.
    Quote from Ultragrisen

Blizzard should look more at D2, make it possible to jump to any location from within a game. Why not? To force people to chace 5 buffs?? Whats the point of that?

There's two reasons behind NV

1. Reward players for sticking to one spec.
    2. Keep people from just farming one elite over and over again (like Pindleskin in D2X)
    I think it's definitily a step in the right direction.

As said previously, other acts might not be as "efficient" as a3, but yeah im efficient enough at work, im not going to go home and put efficiency before fun. I think that is probably the root of the bitchiness of 80% of this community btw :)
    Quote from Andarus

People won't switch acts in 1.0.7. Its not efficient at all. I don't really see any use in this change.

There is a pattern on Rakanoth which only drops with 5 stacks. The reason to use this is in the fucking patch notes. It'd be cool if people were a bit more intelligent and would read, and fully comprehend, things before jumping into trollmode and flaming away.

Without this change they could never put items which only drop at 5 NV stacks on Iskatu or Rakanoth. Now they can. Granted, I think it's the perfect stepping stone towards a "non-storymode" mode where all bosses and all WPs are up and we're free to farm the entire game as we see it. But short-term it was clearly implemented to facilitate using A4 a bit more thoroughly for the new patterns.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Andarus

There is a pattern on Rakanoth which only drops with 5 stacks. The reason to use this is in the fucking patch notes. It'd be cool if people were a bit more intelligent and would read, and fully comprehend, things before jumping into trollmode and flaming away.

Without this change they could never put items which only drop at 5 NV stacks on Iskatu or Rakanoth. Now they can. Granted, I think it's the perfect stepping stone towards a "non-storymode" mode where all bosses and all WPs are up and we're free to farm the entire game as we see it. But short-term it was clearly implemented to facilitate using A4 a bit more thoroughly for the new patterns.

+1!!!!!!
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    When the patch hits, I plan on doing a full clear of the entire game with my NV stacks, just because.
    Quote from Douillos

I think it's definitily a step in the right direction.

As said previously, other acts might not be as "efficient" as a3, but yeah im efficient enough at work, im not going to go home and put efficiency before fun. I think that is probably the root of the bitchiness of 80% of this community btw :)

A sign of a well designed game is were fun and efficiency meet.
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Andarus

First, your a little excited. Calm down.

Second, it actually wasnt in the patch noted that this was only to allow players to do Rak 2/ 5 stacks, it was said in a post by Blizzard after. So you're mad at people for no reason.

Third, people have been requesting to be able to farm all acts and not lose stacks since the game was launched, so it would seem reasonable after 8 months when Blizzard updates the game so NV persists through acts, people assumed it was to allow people to farm more then A3. Blizzard has stated sveral times (It'd be cool if you were a bit more intelligent and would read) that they want to give us reasons to farm all acts. Since they are not changing mob density at all, it's pretty reasonable to assume the NV stacks are for more then just Rak recipes.

Take a knee, drink water. It's gonna be OK.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes