1.0.7 Review (roughly) - What do you think?

So the patch preview finally arrived with quite a few changes, having a quick read through there are some that stand out for me:
    • Dueling and its where about's (a zone dedicated? 4vall free for all?)
    • Some major class reworks (monk having a choice over skills and wizards getting some help on other skills, more viable builds?_? lets hope so)
    • More crafting plans, same style infernal machine farming. (will these items be in competition with the current legendary's, and could there be more choice on item picking?)
    • New gem tier - 3x 30m emeralds for the next tier seems like some gold right there to get grinding at, more work to do!
    • Monster power experience changes. Its about time! This change was one for (being only 57 para) that's brilliant, with being able to farm higher mob levels, this is brilliant for leveling and finding stuff! But will it scale better than mp0-1 leveling?
    • Reflect and Molten/Plagued - YES for reflect, but it should not be over nerfed, and YES for the plagued buff but molten was only dangerous with reflect, interesting nerf.
    So what are your thoughts on this upcoming patch?

'Me Like?' or 'Me wanted more?'

I just think with blizzard its all to do with marketing their game for the best way of income and by releasing content slowly they can hold on to players who are waiting for certain content.
    I like the changes so far, though more will be coming. This was just a preview.

Releasing content slowly though? Nah, just not enough people on staff.
    After we get recipes from bosses, we are back to speed farming A3 endlessly. Most likely the new recipes will be like the hellfire ring, where most of the ones you craft won't be better then your current rares/legs, and they will end up in your bank rotting. Theonly reason most people use hellfire rings is the XP bonuses, because most of them are not good.

So honestly, other than dueling, this patch isnt changing much at all. 99% of rares will still be horrible, and the AH will still be the best way to "farm" gear.

So honestly, other than dueling, this patch isnt changing much at all. 99% of rares will still be horrible, and the AH will still be the best way to "farm" gear.

That might be so, but...

[...]in 1.0.7 we're adding a new set of Rare crafting recipes that will create account-bound gloves, pants, wrists, a chest piece, and an amulet.

These new items will have six affixes and feature a primary stat (Str, Dex, Int, Vit) that extends higher than what is currently available in the respective slots.[...]

Crafting amulet and gloves with higher primary than it was possible till 1.0.7 might be quite important. And a chest piece that might roll better main stats than any armor there is currently in game, including legendaries (except tal rasha and it's +atk speed%). Thoes 3 slots might be BiS from crafting after the patch.
    It was all that I suspected, so no biggie
    I hope its only preview because they add just more crap to the game without solving the major problems.
    New content is not bad but the game needs more than that, sorry.
    Good thing i wasn't expecting too much from the patch so no letdown for me.

The thing about D3 is that it will never be a good game because Blizz went the greedy way and made a game around Auction house, primarily the real money auction house. So this means you will get crap items 99% of the time, yes you can say diablo is a farming game but it's a known fact, to some atleast, that loot formula uses data from the auction house itself (hence 99% or more shit items).

Itemization is still the main problem, it's plain boring and uninteresting, along with skills i guess wihch you get for free by leveling. i realise they're not going to revamp the whole itemization system so the game will never be good, unless people are happy to have a boring stat sticks in every item slot.

if the new recepies are anything like Hellfire ring then RNG will not be worth it unlees the items have some kind of special stat on them that people would use them for farming or pvp or something.

PVP i see as just a zergfest (which will probably be confirmed from people testing it on ptr) and dueling 1v1 is not interesting to me.

New gem? A good gold sink i quess for people that have billions and billions for like what 10% more crit damage in most cases or some minor stat stick upgrade.

The most usefull thing they've made is probably reflect damage but even then they've nerfed it because reflect damage mobs won't reflect damage the whole time. They went the easy way and merged Shielding and Reflect damage. I guess adding a new unique indicator like a bright circle on the ground around mobs was too much.

All in all i can't wait for that other F2P game to come out in 11 days.
    quite disappointing so far,
    doing nothing to address the loot problems, Sure the crafting looks interesting. but if your like me then your still going to struggle to sell anything on the AH due to consistently poor rolls. Not saying I want Godlike, Perfect, billion gold drops, But would like it so when you drop a set / legendary item it is a question of "how good will this item be" rather than "I hope this rolls something appropriate for the class its for". Would also like to stop seeing 300dps weapons drop in inferno. This is not fun, nor enjoyable.

Never been too excited about PVP, but will take a look at the Death Match arenas.

doing nothing to address the loot problems, Sure the crafting looks interesting. but if your like me then your still going to struggle to sell anything on the AH due to consistently poor rolls. Not saying I want Godlike, Perfect, billion gold drops, But would like it so when you drop a set / legendary item it is a question of "how good will this item be" rather than "I hope this rolls something appropriate for the class its for". Would also like to stop seeing 300dps weapons drop in inferno. This is not fun, nor enjoyable.

Never been too excited about PVP, but will take a look at the Death Match arenas.

Easier to quote than write the same thing over again.
    Love that crafting will be worthy again, but a shame that we only get recipes for BOA items. They made a gold-sink with the new gems, but the amount of gold for one of those gems is so massive that you will have to farm forever anyways, - just like prepatch.

The fact that they are changing reflect, molten and plague, seems alright, nothing freat here.

Buffing damage of monk and wizards seems pointless in my eyes, because blowing stuff up in act3 MP0 does not require anything anymore - Going to be interesting to see if MP0 is still the best way to farm exp.

Overall i find the patch a bit meh :( The gold-sink requires you to be extremely wealthy when we´re talking about the new gem, the new BOA items might seem to be "best in slot" as long as they roll the desired stat, since they will have better stats than drops which in my opinion makes farming unnessecary.

The most important part is that i don´t see how i should do anything differently from what i have been doing prepatch (farming act 3 MP0 over and over and over and over again...)

Give us something that equals act3, let it be a buff to the density of mobs in the other act, or a pony-level that is worth playing.
    [...]it's a known fact, to some atleast, that loot formula uses data from the auction house itself

It really doesn't.
    It IS affected, though, by the mere existence of the AH.

I kind of agree, but there has to be a balance where the game (which is all about item progression) isn't too easy. But at the moment its too hard and that is causing a lot of quits. I think blizzard could work on this to make it more friendly for beginners.
    Blizzard could have done this before rather than waiting this long...

[...]it's a known fact, to some atleast, that loot formula uses data from the auction house itself

It really doesn't.

who's to say it doesn't. your guess is as good as mine, but like you said it is affected.

http://us.battle.net...12701?page=2#33
    I'm re-gearing.

A day after I sold all my items.

Sigh.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    I just lost my faith in Blizzard.

All this changes are almost cosmetics, they are not addressing the core problems of the game. But then, I remember, that the core problems of the game are actually what are giving them profit, and it all makes sense again.

Fuck this shit, I'm out.
    anyone else tired of playing "Diablo A3" and would rather play "Diablo 3"?

That might be so, but...

[...]in 1.0.7 we're adding a new set of Rare crafting recipes that will create account-bound gloves, pants, wrists, a chest piece, and an amulet.

These new items will have six affixes and feature a primary stat (Str, Dex, Int, Vit) that extends higher than what is currently available in the respective slots.[...]

Crafting amulet and gloves with higher primary than it was possible till 1.0.7 might be quite important. And a chest piece that might roll better main stats than any armor there is currently in game, including legendaries (except tal rasha and it's +atk speed%). Thoes 3 slots might be BiS from crafting after the patch.

OK, but heres the problem......the time and effort to make even 1 ring is going to be a lot, most likely comparable to current hellfires. People who can get many of these items will most likely be well geared, and the chances for them to roll a item from crafting than their current rare/legendary will be just as small as it is with the hellfire ring, since it will have the same stat allocation as hellfire (increased primary, all other stats the same).

If you look at the hellfire ring as an example, most people don't use them for any other reason than the XP gain. Their are the extremely tiny percentage of players who roll trifecta and use the ring as a straight upgrade, but that number is very, very small.

So, whats my point? Although their will be people farming for the new recipes and mats, it still does not solve the core issues of the game......the only end-game content is farming A3, the AH is still going to be the best way to gear your character, and their is no item sink in the game. Meaning the economy will continue to inflate, making items found in-game wll continue to lose value.

The item hunt is being hurt again this patch, and it is still not feasible to gear a character at a reasonable rate with items found while playing. Until they make the item hunt worth doing, the game will not get better.

People are excited, and happy we are fnally getting duels and a patch, but if you put aside the newlywed feelings and really look at what this patch is providing, it is easy to see it is quite underwhelming.

But.....you don't have to take my word for it of course, in a month or 2 ask yourself how happy you are with this patch, and if you feel it really made the game any better. Because I am confident that after the recipe farming is done, everyone will be farming A3 again, and irritated with the really low chance of getting a worthwhile item from crafting.......as the loot hunt itself cntinues to be frustrating and disheartening.

I'm re-gearing.

A day after I sold all my items.

Sigh.

Just curious, what are you seeing in this patch that I am not?
    Are you coming back for the duels? Or the crafting?
    If it is the crafting, after you go out and get the recipes, what is your plan?
    Do you disagree that you will be speed running A3 again over and over trying for the same rares/legs as before......with the added chance to craft a trifecta item?

I know your goal is to be the top DPS in US, but don't you think you will be facing the exact same issues you were in the first place that caused you to quit?

Jaetch: "All that's left right now for me is carrying people on uber runs or just right-clicking and playing with one hand when making generic loot runs with Archon."

I think after you get your recipes, you will be back to this again. And with the high % chance of getting recipes, I dont think it will take much longer than a week or so. Probably less for you. I'm just not seeing why people in general are so excited, and was quite surprised you were coming back for this patch, when it seems to completely ignore the core issues of the game.

It really doesn't.

who's to say it doesn't. your guess is as good as mine, but like you said it is affected.

http://us.battle.net...12701?page=2#33

Yes, it's affected, but I seriously doubt that it's in (as you suggested) any sort of dynamic way, depending on what's for sale in the AH.
    Like I said, I believe it's a simple case of "AH is present ---> lower drop rates".

Doesn't mean that I like it, though. In fact, I hate it.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes