Diablo 3, SSD and difference in performance on SATA2 and SATA3

Load times, such as when you first enter a map or start up the game will virtually disappear with an SSD compared to a 7200rpm.
    www.twitch.tv/Draahl
    www.youtube.com/Draahl
    Hardcore gamer since 1995.
    Quote from Westy357

You'll love your new SSD hardrive but Diablo is sort of a basic game, you won't notice much difference. I have a Plextor SSD Sata 3 that I am using on a Sata2 motherboard but it's still way better than a regular hardrive by a long shot.

You're right that it's basic. It's so basic that it can't even load data to memory while loading a sequence. Instead while playing it will load everything directly off the hard drive, causing horrible lag spikes no matter how high end your system is. Until you get an SSD, of course.

Quote from Draahl

Load times, such as when you first enter a map or start up the game will virtually disappear with an SSD compared to a 7200rpm.

Load times in Diablo 3 aren't the problem. The problem is the lag spikes while playing, and yes, it's worse at the beginning of a session, but it never entirely disappears until you get an SSD or make use of a ramdisk.
    I switched from an old mechanical drive to an ssd drive for my os and a few games (including diablo3)

i went from having studder lags and start lags to playing 100% lag free
    I highly recommend an SSD in any case, wouldnt game without one now that i got mine.
    www.twitch.tv/Draahl
    www.youtube.com/Draahl
    Hardcore gamer since 1995.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes