Echoing Fury with TWO sockets (wtf)

Okay... I know it's far off, and not having a picture of it makes it even less believable but I'm telling the truth. I swear it. Even the people in trade chat freaked out. I tried to take a screenshot but it took a screenie of the TV instead (I'm connected via WiHD), and when I disconnected the signal to take the Diablo screenie it had to bug out of course. Anyone who is using WiHD prolly knows what I'm talking about.

...but seriously, just moments ago a random guy linked an Echoing Fury in chat. The thing had TWO sockets, 300+ strength, and 174% CHD. It didn't have high DPS though. Stats kinda seemed like two Echoing Furies got mashed into one. Anyone ever seen something like this?

Is it even a real item or have people found a way to link fake shit?
    Never heard of that but kinda curious...
    Used to be able to link fake items. But it was apparently patched back in June...
    Diabloprogress shows no such.

edit: Although I guess if it has "2 random magic properties" it should technically be possible to roll 2 sockets?

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

Diabloprogress shows no such.

edit: Although I guess if it has "2 random magic properties" it should technically be possible to roll 2 sockets?

Would it? in that case mantis would be able to roll 3 sockets. I'm guessing fake or bug..
    I thought only 1 socket was allowed on weapons from any given group of magical properties. Since Manticore has a socket by default (before identifying magical properties) I assumed that that's how it got 2 sockets.

Anyway if the mace doesn't exist on Diablo Progress, I guess it's more probable that there's an unfixed way to link fake stuff rather than the item actually being there, by 'hack' or otherwise.
    http://imageshack.us/f/560/screenshot010gy.jpg/

THANK YOU. That's it.
    Heh, 174% crit. Not saying it's fake, but it's fake.

edit: Actually that's so obviously fake that my crit comment now looks pathetic. :(

Ha. Bagstone.

and it doesn't have the +attack speed of echoing fury. Maybe it's legacy?
    Quote from Zuchi

and it doesn't have the +attack speed of echoing fury. Maybe it's legacy?

No no. Not that it matters, but legacy EF is lvl 40 something.
    There's absolutely no other weapon than Manticore that can have 2 sockets. The way that works is that it has a socket before ID ing, which means it cannot have 0. EF or any other weapon has 0 or 1 as a roll.
    Also, theres no 1 handed weapon that can roll over 100% CHD.

Like was said, its simply fake. Well maybe not really a fake, jsut a bug.. i wouldn't know. I wonder how could it be linked, unless its a bug.

edit: It's just an in-game link, not a real usable weapon.
    It's possible there's a bug with the affix generator. I saw a Mempo on the AH that had no main stat and two random affixes.
    Quote from notawizzard

It's possible there's a bug with the affix generator. I saw a Mempo on the AH that had no main stat and two random affixes.

There are alot of Mempos - at least on eu servers - without the mainstat roll. Just search for a mempo with crit chance and you will find like 10 of those. I think this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mempo-of-twilight is just plain wrong. :)
    Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from notawizzard

There are alot of Mempos - at least on eu servers - without the mainstat roll. Just search for a mempo with crit chance and you will find like 10 of those. I think this http://us.battle.net...mpo-of-twilight is just plain wrong. :)

IIRC those were from before last (...not sure which one exactly) patch. During some patch the game guide was updated, I remember, it had the shenlong weapons listed with 2 random affixes for example. Anyways when the guide was updated, so was the mempo, all the "new" ones roll with a mainstat.

There was a bluepost on the frontpage concerning this, some GM rolled several of them on the PTR and confirmed that everyone had a mainstat roll.
    Here's one with 8

- I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Quote from rebjorn

Here's one with 8

'cept the first one is probably fake item linked and not photoshopped. :S
    Quote from rebjorn

Here's one with 8

I think this is fake.... :Thumbs Up:
    LOL!!! 8 sockets
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from Shinna1989

Quote from notawizzard

There are alot of Mempos - at least on eu servers - without the mainstat roll. Just search for a mempo with crit chance and you will find like 10 of those. I think this http://us.battle.net...mpo-of-twilight is just plain wrong. :)

IIRC those were from before last (...not sure which one exactly) patch. During some patch the game guide was updated, I remember, it had the shenlong weapons listed with 2 random affixes for example. Anyways when the guide was updated, so was the mempo, all the "new" ones roll with a mainstat.

There was a bluepost on the frontpage concerning this, some GM rolled several of them on the PTR and confirmed that everyone had a mainstat roll.

Indeed Temsen. In 1.0.4 when they buffed legendaries, some were bugged. Like Unity not dropping at all or Memp rolling 2x random instead of 1+ base Primary. they fixed this in 1.0.5, but the 1.0.4 drops are still around and they are not Legacy. Also, during 1.0.4 the whole game guide was just useless. Maybe half of legendaries had wrong affixes written there :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes