Any speculation when it's hitting?
    That depends on whether or not we'll have a PTR for it. I'd say PTR is a possibility, but scales the release date of both quite a lot.
    Ok thanks was hoping within the next two weeks but seems unlikely now
    PTR in the next two weeks seems completely acceptable though. Hell, even today! Nothing's stopping Blizz. If they have lots of things to test and balance out, as long as those things are at a somewhat playable state, PTR could go up.
    Fingers crossed then
    betting on somewhere arount 23rd January to somehow stop ppl from playing PoE open beta (good luck with that).
    I expect the patch to release within a month, probably without a ptr. Duelling does not seem like it need much of a puplic testing, especially since they don't want to balance pvp or at least 1v1. If they add any other significant chance, there may be a ptr in the next one to two weeks. If not I would expect a ptr for 1.1 sometime in february.
    Depends what is in store for 1.0.7. There could be more unannounced features. Since these are technically all small patches 1.0.x just dueling is acceptable.
    The first Tuesday after it's done.
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Unfortunately, based on the last year or 2, Blizzard is real careful to release anything that will cause immediate uproar in the community (even though they still somehow manage to cause that....even after waiting forever)

I have a feeling they will not release duels without also releasing a bunch of class and build balancing at the same time. Whatever they were testing in arenas, they surely found some obvious balance issues, and they will fix those at the same time they launch duels.

I got it, we all want duels, and I got they also said they dont want D3 to support E-sports.....but they never said they won't balance PVP at all. And in all honesty, we all say we dont care, and we just want duel NOW!.....but if they release and there is a massive unbalance between all the classes, it will take less than 24 hours for the forums to explode and everyone be 10 times angrier than they already were.

So I would not expect dueling to come out by itself, and before some balance tweaks. If that means a PTR.....i have no idea.
    Well originally, before deciding that PvP is to be scrapped and made anew and inserting duels into 1.0.7 (let's assume that the decision was made way before 1.0.7 began work), the patch was originally to be a pretty well-sized balance patch that would also add new stuff. CMs were saying around the forums around the time 1.0.6 went live that 1.0.7 would be an actual patch (unlike the first) and a good amount of changes was to be expected in it.

I'm gonna go on on a limb here and say 1.0.7's patch notes will be about 25-30k symbols, or the equivalent of 6-7 screens of info. :P
    No idea when it's coming, but I think that 1,0,7 will def include additional endgame features. Nothing mayor but a serious time sink for sure. This is ofc in addition to dueling.
    It's just gonna be some nerfing and some stupid crafting shit. Oh yeah and duel.
    Maybe some cheeky upgraded or new legendarys .. Thinking for sure maybe some new crafting plans
    How about some life steal belts for other classes other than barbs.
    Quote from overneathe
    I'm gonna go on on a limb here and say 1.0.7's patch notes will be about 25-30k symbols, or the equivalent of 6-7 screens of info. :P

Ooooh, only guessing, huh? If you have something that itches your hands, just PM it over and I'll leak it to the public totally anonimously :) Honest!
    Still waiting for Duel Blog so no sooner than at the end of this month :(
    Quote from m4st0d0n

Quote from overneathe

Ooooh, only guessing, huh? If you have something that itches your hands, just PM it over and I'll leak it to the public totally anonimously :) Honest!

Dude... I'd leak it myself. :QQ:
    Fixing up Monks would be nice. I have one but it seems almost impossible to get it up and well over the 100k mark, at least without spending a ton of gold/money, way more than what it takes to upgrade a Wizard or Witch Doctor.
    Quote from overneathe

Dude... I'd leak it myself. :QQ:

Yeah, just joking :) MMOC Bouboille (sp?) seems to have some nice sources, you should ask him :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes