Approaching 1000 hours played, my thoughts...

Quote from Neskred

But blizzard doensn't communicate with the community or listen.

Are you kidding? Most stupid comment ever...
    Quote from MaddogBG012788

Quote from maka

Quote from Ryude

The game really does an amazing job with physics and graphics. Bodies explode and heads roll down hills, flesh melts off bones, and the barbarian can send enemies flying through the air. The game has very tight and responsive controls, something I haven't seen many comment on.

Because that was never the main focus of the Diablo series (I don't know if you've played the other titles). In fact, it's very low in the list of reasons I like the series.
    When the things that they got spot on are not (traditionally) very important.....you can see why it gets criticism.

TO be honest I didn't play much D1 but i played D2 for good 5-7 years and to be honest i do like the new engine and all the cool things it does. Granted I don't think it should be the main positive point of the game but it is a big one another reason why i didnt like TL2 or POE is because they look like utter crap compared to D3

Oh, don't get me wrong, the combat itself IS very satisfying, no doubt about that!
    What I was trying to say was that the physics and the combat fluidity were never the reasons I liked the series; in fact, I never liked games like God of War or Devil May Cry (for example), precisely because they were "all physics, no depth". I'm all about the loot and also the stats, although not a crazy min-maxer, so the physics, although they're definitely an improvement over the other titles, aren't enough to elevate D3 to where I rank D2.
    To the OP, show us your best finds in the game... because I'm approaching 300hrs and really have nothing to show. But I still enjoy the game...
    Quote from xrmb

To the OP, show us your best finds in the game... because I'm approaching 300hrs and really have nothing to show. But I still enjoy the game...

Some of my best finds I already sold on the AH, but I have found a couple trifecta rings and a mempo. I have found several set items worth 10-20m. The loot will come, but unfortunately it requires paragon levels and the ability to clear content very quickly. Just today I have already found 12 legendaries.
    Quote from Ryude

Quote from xrmb

Some of my best finds I already sold on the AH, but I have found a couple trifecta rings and a mempo. I have found several set items worth 10-20m. The loot will come, but unfortunately it requires paragon levels and the ability to clear content very quickly. Just today I have already found 12 legendaries.

I just wish getting to Para100 was not such pain in the ass... lv55 and i don't want to even think about lv75+

Quote from Ryude

Quote from xrmb

I just wish getting to Para100 was not such pain in the ass... lv55 and i don't want to even think about lv75+

I'm Paragon 65 and the last 10 levels seem to take about the same time as the first 25.
    I'm glad you're praising the feel of the game, I was just thinking about it today. Even though my crummy comp can only handle a resolution of ~1280 on a 24 inch screen with all settings at low, I still admire the physics, environments, spell effects and general details the game world is replete with all the time. In fact, it's one of the major reasons I play Diablo 3 - playing it is my best chance to gorge myself on the eye candy and sheer, seamless fluidity lacking in this measure in any other game of this kind. How does it not feel stale after you kill the same monster in the same zone in the same armor for the 2^13th time? Blizzard, man. Underappreciated as all hell.
    I understand where people are coming from, on both sides of the fence. The game is incredibly polished as far as mechanics, the campaign (although it is short, it is clean) the spell system, general game mechanics while fighting, the areas and the mobs, the tuning of those mobs and their affixes, it's a great game. You can easily put in 2-300 hours and still absolutely love the game, if you stay away from the RMAH (some may disagree their, but I think buying anything from the RMAH would seriosuly devalue the experience)

At the same time.....this is Diablo, this is Blizzard, there is an expectation. Blizzard makes a lot of money off us.....not only through box sales....but RMAH, and A LOT of Diablo players are Blizzard players.....they also play SC and WOW. (many played and bought warcraft, all 3 diablo's, both SCs, and subscribed to WOW for 4-5 years+) They will buy future games from Blizzard as well. I feel like I have paid into Blizzard as a company quite well, I have gotten many family and friends to join into Blizzard too, my mom has 2 WOW accounts, several of my EQ friends are now all about D3 and WOW, this is more then just a game I bought for 60 bucks and hoped to get 100 hours out of.

I think many players on these forums are similar to me, an easy way to see this is looking on the official Diablo forums, and see how many of those players have WOW accounts. And those are just the ones who havent switched their tags to Diablo. I can understand why someone who only plays D3 can think we are unfair and too judging, but that is because you feel you got your money worth. You spent your $60 bucks, got a few 100 hours of play and are happy.

I feel like I bought into Blizzard though, as many of us here do. I payed for 2 WOW accounts for over 5 years, have brought many people to their games, will continue to buy from them, and will play Titan (whatever it actually is) when it releases.

I don't feel like Blizzard has put in the same time and effort into D3 as they have in the past on every other game I have paid for. I would gladly pay a subscription for D3, I will continue to pay Blizzard for the great games they make, but D3 is falling short for me.

And D3 continues to let me down, the fixes they make are not fixing the core issue of the loot system being broke, and not having a item sink. PVP is now 8 months late (yes, 8 months, it WAS originally supposed to ship with D3, just because they delayed it before luanch doesnt make it less late now) and then after 8 months of waiting, and being teased about this big PVP patch, we get "nevermind, its not ready, here, have duels....another feature we should have had at launch".

It may seem like we are too critical, and we expect too much from Blizzard, but when you peel back the onion, there is more to our arguments than just wanting immediate satisfaction or being from the "entitled generation" or whatever smart title you want to label me. I have good reason to feel let down by Blizzard, and D3. I have good reason to want something different, and I feel we ARE entitled to more from Blizzard, as a long time dedicated supporter of all their games.

Hopefully that helps you understand where we are coming from.

Do you not think that it should be a high-mark of effort and time to max-out your char level? Isn't that what we want? Ideally, we would think to play our main chars for years and years. Minus the efficiency rigorous no-lifers that poor in 10+ hours a day running the same route, most players are going to experience their character gaining strength over a long period of time. This is a good thing IMO.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes