Exactly how i feel about D3

There's new Kripp video about the state of D3 and changes made in 8 months after release.
    I can't agree more with this guy but i don't have any hope in this game anymore which he has.
    You can talk shit like "play MP10 without AH if you need a challange" but can you tell me what's the point? Also the mobs on MP10 don't do enough damage and they have too much life which makes it even more boring than low MP gameplay.

Here's the vid:
    good watch
    lol on reflect damage.

So true.

He makes some good observations. And I agree, hurry up, Blizz. MOAR. :P

I'm okay with the challenge right now, but it's more a comfortable challenge than a bone crushing hard challenge where I die every few minutes. Then again, I'm not Kripp, and my skillz are much less than his. In some ways, the nerfs were necessary just so we could all stop stacking defensive skills. :/

Just another one of those things, can't please everyone.
    If I were to visit the forums for every game I fell out of love with and post my thoughts I would have spent countless hours of my life posting. It's a game; you're bored with it... So play something else. What is the point of threads like this? I ask because I am legitimately interested in what compels somebody to post threads like this rather than spending their time playing a new game they might be happy with...
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Syronicus

If I were to visit the forums for every game I fell out of love with and post my thoughts I would have spent countless hours of my life posting. It's a game; you're bored with it... So play something else. What is the point of threads like this? I ask because I am legitimately interested in what compels somebody to post threads like this rather than spending their time playing a new game they might be happy with...
    We are all playing something else. But it is Diablo, it is something so special for many of us that we can't let go, and d3 being in such a bad state does not help this feeling. We are very much in denial for the most part, because the damage has been done and is too great to be recovered from, but we're are just humans you know.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from Syronicus

That's the difference between a fan of the series and just another gamer.
    If you don't understand why one would want to improve a game he no longer finds fun, then you're just another gamer.
    Quote from brx

We are all playing something else. But it is Diablo, it is something so special for many of us that we can't let go, and d3 being in such a bad state does not help this feeling. We are very much in denial for the most part, because the damage has been done and is too great to be recovered from, but we're are just humans you know.

This is the kind of post that I find absolutely fine when it comes to criticizing Diablo, plus the many posts that we're getting in "Top 10 Fixes" and other slightly popular topics in here. If all your posts looked like this then I would have absolutely nothing against discussing the game's faults, as they are indeed there.

That goes for the video as well.
    Quote from Syronicus

It's like watching ur crush (which became ur gf) getting very fat / ugly or u got bored of her. You know she has the potential, u are still kinda have feelings about her but u are getting fed up/ bored and u don't want to blame yourself so u wanna share your thoughts with other ppl who will give u that friendly bump and say "it's not your fault man, not your fault...".
    There are several issues with what he has to say, some of which seem contradictory.

First off, eight months isn't a very long time. Maybe to a young man/kid, but I have salad dressing I just used last night that's older than this game. Any reasonable person should've expected at least a solid year to pass before this iteration of the franchise hits it's stride, as there are so many considerations being juggled via player input.

Secondly, he goes on about how nothing has really changed and then he proceeds to blather on for several minutes about all the changes and how theses changes provided a severe easement toward character progression.

Sorry, but IMO a LOT has changed.

Diablo 2 was wildly successful and I'd really enjoy hearing someone try to explain to me how challenging character progression was then. My point here is to say that the underlying issues with D3 have little to do with difficulty and more to do with that "pointless" feeling many of us are experiencing at this point (as well as woefully uninspired itemization).

This feeling is a direct result of a critical component being absent. That component is PvP. To that end, yes, 8 months is a ridiculously long amount of time to witness no implementation of PvP.

I maintain that if a hostile feature was added, interest would ignite.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Nymrael

Quote from Syronicus

It's like watching ur crush (which became ur gf) getting very fat / ugly or u got bored of her. You know she has the potential, u are still kinda have feelings about her but u are getting fed up/ bored and u don't want to blame yourself so u wanna share your thoughts with other ppl who will give u that friendly bump and say "it's not your fault man, not your fault...".

A better analogy would be falling in love with a beautiful woman you've crushed on for years, only to find out she doesn't give head. (obvious WTF NO PvP reference :facepalmsmile: )
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from brx

This is the kind of post that I find absolutely fine when it comes to criticizing Diablo, plus the many posts that we're getting in "Top 10 Fixes" and other slightly popular topics in here. If all your posts looked like this then I would have absolutely nothing against discussing the game's faults, as they are indeed there.

That goes for the video as well.
    I take it you liked that part : "We are very much in denial".
    Am I wrong?

I should not have spoken for a group of people I am not a part of, even for the sake of explaining something. My bad, lol.

Anyway, my opinion is that there is not much left to discuss after 8 months. I don't mind at all if people do discuss the many issues though...
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    A true video , but it also feels like hes trying to sell us something else (PoE) .

Yes diablo 3 is a super mega fail , but its still fun to slay mobs in it and just that small thing is better than any copy game like PoE or TL2 (as a whole game) .

As for the current diablo 3's state : Nothing can make this game better , nothing ! I stopped hoping / expecting for a miracle because even a mircale won't fix this game .

But I do play this game , I jump in slay some mobs and jump out , thats all.

Peace.
    To be honest I can only partly agree with kripp. Problem that D3 had when it first came out is that that classes were bugged, and therefore were allowed to speed past most players who did not play said classes. After that happened the economy went out the door and everything skyrocketed on AH. After gear that was needed to progress was in the upwards of 50+ mil 2-3 weeks into the game a lot of people started to blame how difficult the game was. The real problem for me was the crappy drop rates and how everything was too expensive. Blizz realized if they did not do something no one was going to play so they nerfed inferno. In the end of the day blizz still has a lot of work left to do in D3 hopefully they will be able to add some new features to the game to make it worth playing to Paragon 100 for something else than just saying you did it.
    Quote from Ultrazerg

As for the current diablo 3's state : Nothing can make this game better , nothing ! I stopped hoping / expecting for a miracle because even a mircale won't fix this game .

I rarely play anymore. When PvP is implemented, I will start playing more.

But I gotta say, comments like the quote above really really bother me. How shortsighted can you be, brother? I don't see that this game has that many inherent fatal flaws that it can't be raised up to an acceptable level. To me, it's not what the game has now that is broken, it's what the game is missing that is killing it.

Fix and deepen itemization. Add Hostile, eventually a more dynamic PvP selection. Fixed.
    BurningRope#1322
    I use to care... Until I found path of exiles now im excited like a little kid.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Syronicus

If you don't understand why one would want to improve a game he no longer finds fun, then you're just another gamer.

Wanting to improve the game might be one thing but when the OP states he has no hope left for the game then I call into question why he/she would bother posting about it...
    "There is no cow level!"
    Certainly agreeing that the game has become too easy.

Simply making inferno harder again wouldnt really solve anything though - as we would just get a reverse trend of people demanding it to become easier, and deja vu...

We need scaling end-game, like endless dungeons etc. Preferably with difficiculty that isnt simply increased HP.

In the grand scheme of things, 8 months isnt much time though.
    Quote from Syronicus

Quote from maka

Quote from Syronicus

Wanting to improve the game might be one thing but when the OP states he has no hope left for the game then I call into question why he/she would bother posting about it...

Oops, did he really? Must've missed that part.
    Then I apologise, and you were right all along.
    Quote from TehAdi
    You can talk shit like "play MP10 without AH if you need a challange" but can you tell me what's the point?

What's the point of any video game? To make you spend money, sit on your ass, and push buttons until you eventually bore of it. Then rinse and repeat. How is D3 different from any other game you've experienced with the same thesis: spend money, sit on your ass, and push buttons?
    Quote from brx

I take it you liked that part : "We are very much in denial".
    Am I wrong?

I should not have spoken for a group of people I am not a part of, even for the sake of explaining something. My bad, lol.

Anyway, my opinion is that there is not much left to discuss after 8 months. I don't mind at all if people do discuss the many issues though...

I liked this part the most:
    But it is Diablo, it is something so special for many of us that we can't let go, and d3 being in such a bad state does not help this feeling.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes