The Raoha Route: The bar has been raised even further, 30% faster then Alkaizers Route!! [outdated]

logging numbers of legendaries isn't in any case serious

I don't like your provocative and unproved thread title.

Your prove of 20 runs is'nt very accurate, maybe you can do serious tests

make 10 testcaste each for this route and for alkaizers route
    1 testcase should last 1 hour, after 1 hour you stop your run
    don't do more then 2 testcases in a row withou a longer break
    and as already mentioned don't use shrines

post all facts of your testcases and then we get an accurate test for your playstyle and charakter
    I think its best to get 5 stack before high packed areas.

Using alkaizer run and just added Rakkis to the end.

I'll post video of my run soon.
    I have been using this route, just got lvl95.

I like to start with keep depths lvl 3, since it is quite small and always 2 elites, up to 4 + goblin; however I'm more concerned with drops than experience. Is Keep 3 really much worse for xp than Keep 2? Seems that maximizing stacks first before you dive into the high density areas would be more productive.
    This is going to be a bit off topic, but from a hardcore player point of view i really like the "old new" run because you start in a "safe area".

I lost a para 19 DH because of the alkhaizer route (starting at the end of arreat core with a bit of lag....) so i was looking for another optimized route, thanks a lot!

starting at the end of arreat crater 2 can be really dangerous too with a bit of lag so i will probably avoid that one too :)

Just passing by to say thanks anyways :)
    Quote from ot4ku

At least for me as a Whirlwind Barb your run suggestion isn't as good as the alkaizer run.
    I get an average of about 83m xp/hour after 10 runs. No shrines, no rares, fast runs.
    If I'm doing the normal Alkaizer Route I get up to 90 million xp / hour.
    How much time does it take you 1 Alkaizer run?
    I`m unable to finish it under 10 minutes

This new run is finished in 8 minutes for me giving me between 8 to 9 milion of XP
    Quote from Freezard
    By the way, anyone else getting massive lags in Rakkis Crossing? Got that with DH lightning ball since 1.05... I love that place though.

I was getting that with my strafe DH as well. I thought it might be a graphs card or driver issue or even a cpu issue but tampering with the game graph settings didn't help at all. Then I just lowered the sounds rate from 128 bits to 64 bits and it never happened again. Try it.
    Nice vid - looks like a nice run. This on MP 0? Love the speed of it, been grinding the Alk route on MP7 and not making much progress. Have you tried the run on MP1? Be nice to have the increased chance at leg/set drops but I suppose if exp is the reward then it doesn't matter. Should be able to move thru this nicely even with my 100k DPS barb ;p Thanks!
    Quote from Judgepup

Have you tried the run on MP1? Be nice to have the increased chance at leg/set drops but I suppose if exp is the reward then it doesn't matter.

The probability to get a legendary drop is only affected by Magic Find. Its up to you to find your "sweet spot" Monster Power where kill/drop rate is highest. (On MP 10 you have high MF but you kill mobs so slowly that you'll get more drops from MP0, for example)
    I did

arreat crater 2
    rakkis to korsik wp
    keep 2

it's better to go keep for last cuz u don't have to cast any portal during the run

72m xp/hr
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Indimix

So fun!, now, instead of 5 places to go we just need 3!, the game is reduced to 3 spots...

Yay.

Hint: Play the game for fun instead of maximizing efficiency and you may enjoy it more. You may level slower than some others but....who cares, right?

If I could upvote this post twice, I would.
    my run is more for magic find purposes (p100) finds lots of goblins/elites
    start at azmodan checkpoing do core backwards
    take wp to tower of damned do it counter clockwise
    take wp to tower of cursed do west until stairs
    run to arreat 2 from tower of cursed do arreat 2 backwards scipping deadends ( can see where wp is with map unrevealed)
    continue to heart of the damned do the exit of this zone
    tp to town wp to rakkis crossing do backwards
    continue into fields of slaughter do west side of zone then hook up through middle to top of eastside and proceed to follow east side down to wp
    take wp to keep dephs 3 clear most the zone and while doing this discover keep dpehs 2 breach
    tp to town run up to keep dpehs 1 work most direct way to keep dpehs 1 wp( can see where wp is with map unrevealed)
    go in keep dephs 2 work most the zone based on the layout you can predict with experience + the revealed breach
    tp to town take wp to stonefort travel to skycrown do this backwards repeat when run complete
    Tower of the Cursed 1 > Arreat Crater 2 > Rakkis > Keeps 2

Avg of 10 runs
    66m xp/hr
    11 minutes/run
    12 elites/run

Arreat Crater 2 > Rakkis > Keeps 2

Avg of 10 runs
    69m xp/hr
    8 minutes/run
    9 elites/run

I'm going to continue trying different variations of the run to see if there is anything better.
    Quote from ogeishere

...Check out the video of the route, its a few minutes long and gets straight to the point. I also included stats this time as alot of people wanted to see my log....

I stirred up some bad blood in your last thread with these points and i am therefore glad that you took this advice!

grats to your new route and the newsfeed.
    Somebody call for dee docter?
    Quote from Ryude

Avg of 10 runs
    66m xp/hr
    11 minutes/run
    12 elites/run

Avg of 10 runs
    69m xp/hr
    8 minutes/run
    9 elites/run

I'm going to continue trying different variations of the run to see if there is anything better.

I did this run from 99 to 100 last night, 32 runs total iirc. Even though I disliked the start of the run I kept with it to see how well I did. Getting 3 stacks in arreat crater 2 wasn't uncommon at all, which you have to deal with, I would check the next room over at keep depths 1 to see if I could get a fourth or fifth stack. Overall it's a fast paced run which is nice, I didn't get much loot though, six legendaries : /
    Quote from Raknar

Quote from ogeishere

...Check out the video of the route, its a few minutes long and gets straight to the point. I also included stats this time as alot of people wanted to see my log....

I stirred up some bad blood in your last thread with these points and i am therefore glad that you took this advice!

grats to your new route and the newsfeed.

It was good advice bro! what good is a claim without some evidence? >
    cheers!
    www.Youtube.com/LastHopeForRaoha
    My D3 Character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loras-1351/hero/29537054
    What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
    Quote from Gohei27

Quote from Ryude

Avg of 10 runs
    66m xp/hr
    11 minutes/run
    12 elites/run

Avg of 10 runs
    69m xp/hr
    8 minutes/run
    9 elites/run

I did this run from 99 to 100 last night, 32 runs total iirc. Even though I disliked the start of the run I kept with it to see how well I did. Getting 3 stacks in arreat crater 2 wasn't uncommon at all, which you have to deal with, I would check the next room over at keep depths 1 to see if I could get a fourth or fifth stack. Overall it's a fast paced run which is nice, I didn't get much loot though, six legendaries : /

The more bonus xp you have from gear, the less of a difference NV stacks make. So for someone with no hellfire ring or leoric's I would suggest getting some stacks before hitting the high density areas.
    Great route thank you!
    I started using this route for my archon wizard. I wanted to do my xp run in less than 5 minutes to get all benefits from my buffs (which last 4 and 5minutes).

So I start in tower of cursed level 1 checkpoint: arreat crater level 2--->bridge of korsikk--->depths level 2

With my wizard having 108% extra xp I got 70m/h in avg. Now I have same dps but 138% extra xp so I should get something like 75m/h

Same route with my DH takes 4 mintutes. I get 82m/h in avg having 108% extra xp and 165k dps. With higher dps I would get easily 85m/h

Alkaizer method gives me 76m/h (DH) and 60m (WIZ).

I didn't test raoha route as it looked so bad for xp.

People stop doing rakkis, it gives low xp!
    I did a wide variety of different runs / zone combos on my way to 100 -- at the end I was averaging between 70-80 mil xp/hr. From my experience, as much as it makes a good thread title and is good marketing, I wouldn't say Ogies run/zone selection would be 20-30% faster than an Alk run. I do agree Rakki's is a nice add that wasn't in Alk and I had that in my late Paragon levels 90-100. I also liked running Skycrown Battlements for a change of pace and put that in my runs on occasion as well.

I will say starting in Core/Tower of the Damned over many, many runs, there is just an inconsistent # of Elite packs. When things go well, and you pick up 2-3 in each zone, those are the highest xp runs I did. However, on an average basis, running Skycrown and getting a consistent 4-5 every time often suited me better. In the end, I just kept alternating things to change it up, stave off boredom, and power through.

One thing I will say about short runs is that on any given individual run, they may give you a false positive in terms of being really, really efficient. If you have an exceptionally good 5 minute run and then just multiply that out by 12, it can seem by extrapolation that you are getting really high xp/hr. However, do 12 of those same 5 minute runs with all of their up and down variation (some being better than others), it starts to average down to match your longer 8-10 minute run zone setups.

Any rate, if you track enough runs, all these zones begin to even out quite a bit - anything that includes Keep Depths II, Arreat Crater 2, Fields, Rakkis will do quite well -- add in the other high-ish density zones in Act III for fun / variation. Honestly, more than zones, the best things you can do for efficiency are:

a ) run with xp gear (max xp gem in helm, two rings on you, and at least one ring on follower - hellfire/leoric's)
    b ) run with 24% movement speed
    c ) pick a build that focuses on max movement increase skills and uptime
    d ) run at a MP that allows you to one-shot most white mobs and kill packs in 3-5 seconds
    e ) don't backtrack, don't swing back and waste a cast on less than 4-5 white mobs, don't try to full clear a zone
    f ) do keep moving forward always with minimal stops for casts
    g ) if you are focusing on xp primarily, then only pickup items that have a chance of rolling for a big sell - legendaries, gloves, wrists, amulets, rings, and certain ilvl 63 1h weaps - or if you are max xp or bust, don't pick up anything. Personally, I always ran MF capped and picked up the above noted items.

Zones and mob density certainly matter (which is why Act III has become the de facto standard for efficiency). But, once I got it parsed down to the 7 or 8 zones worth running, focusing on actual spec, gear, and run mechanics was the thing that had a far larger impact on my efficiency versus any slight changes to which of the high density zones in Act III I ran or in what order I ran them.

All of that said, at this point, I've said screw efficiency (easier for me to do now playing inefficiently isn't a double-whammy on XP and Item find). Right now, I'm just playing the game at higher MPs, full Act runs, and enjoying playing D3 in a way that makes it feel like a game again. If I find something good, great, if not, so be it. At some point, efficiency running just becomes mind-numbing and doesn't feel like a game anymore.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes