Blizzard is a joke...

Quote from Xenocow

Quote from shaggy
    They're a company and they work by adhering to procedures for development and deployment. Are you suggesting they completely scrap internal QA testing? If so, are you willing to deal with the consequences? Because, make no mistake, there will be consequences. The PTR is generally not for alpha releases. That's why it's called "beta testing" and from what the blues said it sounds very much like PvP did not make it out of alpha.

You know... software development... the same shit that damn near every other company on the planet does.

Apperently internal testing ISN'T WORKING... breaking news buddy.
    Why do you think this whole game is such a failure in the first place?
    The player was completely scratched from the equation by Blizzard.

As a developer you can't dig thru Millions of Topics on the Forums checking for positiv feedback, thats correct.
    But why not put up a Read-only Section, and have the Mods/Guides/MVPs move "good" feedback there for the (real) DEVs to read, and actually respond ?
    Why not have DEVs like Jay Wilson contact major Streamers like Kripparian, Athene, KingKongor, Ziss...and actually talk directly to the People who play the Games about Game Mechanics, Ideas, suggestions for improvement and Stuff ?

I posted it on another thread already here on the Forum.
    Chris Wilson (Grinding Gear Games) the DEV / Path of Exile... on Twitch with Kripparian in TS2 talking for hours and hours.
    http://www.twitch.tv...06620?t=109m33s

They can do it? Why cant Blizzard ?
    Blizzard as of right now could not be further away from the players.

We are just Cattle...with Wallets.

Because they cant.

Let me explain you why, let say, a user in the forum presents a brilliant idea of how to improve, let say, the blacksmith. Damn everyone in the forums agree, the idea gets 100% acceptance from users forums, that same idea go to the devs hands, they read it and they agree is an excellent idea, but there is only one problem, that idea would have as a side effect a reduced use of the RMAH.

Now, please, tell me how the fuck could a developer explain to the users of the forum why that idea wont work, without saying: "it would reduce our RMAH profit" ?

There you go.
    Quote from Uldyssian

I think it's time to let go. I don't mean that sarcastically. They had their time, clearly they are not on par with what they used to be. We should stop expecting them to.

This exactly. They were an amazing company for a long time, but nothing last forever. Such a shame...

I've actually picked up 2 new games Ive been holding off on for a while now, GW2 and DOTA 2. And I am really happy I did. They are great games. I check Dfans and log into Diablo once a day for my auctions, and once they add some more content, I will play Diablo.....but for now I'm taking some time to try out other stuff. Will probably make coming back and playing Diablo 3 even better.
    Quote from TehAdi

I don't care if its good or not, i said i'm not tolerant for brainless gamers.

This looks like your own personal problem and not Blizzard's or the community's. No?
    Quote from Indimix
    Because they cant.

Let me explain you why, let say, a user in the forum presents a brilliant idea of how to improve, let say, the blacksmith. Damn everyone in the forums agree, the idea gets 100% acceptance from users forums, that same idea go to the devs hands, they read it and they agree is an excellent idea, but there is only one problem, that idea would have as a side effect a reduced use of the RMAH.

Now, please, tell me how the fuck could a developer explain to the users of the forum why that idea wont work, without saying: "it would reduce our RMAH profit" ?

There you go.

Yepp back to square 1.... Money corrupts.
    Stop supporting big Publishers, and support f2p / kickstarter / Indie games.
    Quote from overneathe

This looks like your own personal problem and not Blizzard's or the community's. No?

I'm talking about my opinion on public forum. What's your problem?
    Quote from Xenocow

And how do you propose online servers to survive, customer service to exist and developers to get payed if you don't get some sort of sustained income?

@TehAdi
    You express your opinion, but I did express mine and you said "You are wrong". So I'm saying "you're wrong". All is well. ;]
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from Xenocow

And how do you propose online servers to survive, customer service to exist and developers to get payed if you don't get some sort of sustained income?

There are several ways to get a revenue without having to screw up the game. F2P games with cosmetic microtransactions seem to work very well, maybe this is not the case of D3 (well, maybe because the social factor in this game is non existent), but it is possible. I saw several posts saying that they would want to customize more their characters, and this could be a way to leave the gameplay untouched and having a profitable revenue. This is just one approach, could be hundreds.
    Quote from overneathe

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Free-to-play

Quote from Indimix
    There are several ways to get a revenue without having to screw up the game. F2P games with cosmetic microtransactions seem to work very well, maybe this is not the case of D3 (well, maybe because the social factor in this game is non existent), but it is possible. I saw several posts saying that they would want to customize more their characters, and this could be a way to leave the gameplay untouched and having a profitable revenue. This is just one approach, could be hundreds.

Diablo3 isnt a Free-to-play game.
    Actually its Pay-to-Win....and thats frowned on along almost all Gamers.
    There are some really deep complicated issues with a wide array of expectations in this thread. But it's hard to argue 1 very basic things that cause the problem for me:

Blizzard is balancing new content on people using the AH, it would be nearly impossible to run MP 6 or 7 Ubers efficiently without using the AH, and if you did it, it would take 100s of hours to play.
    Any new content added will most likely be the same way, which means to do any new content added to the game, you need to use the AH. This is a bigger issue than just 99% of drops are bad, but when you do finally get an item worth anything, the chances of it working for your build and class is minimal, so you either have to sell it, or save it for an alt. This only increases the NEED for an AH.

Until they find a way for the Loot hunt to feel rewarding, and make the AH an actual option, not a requirement, I will not consider D3 to be a great game.
    Quote from Xenocow

I gave through kickstarter to support Grim Dawn. I really liked Titan Quest so hopefully this one will live up.
    But, again, they do that because while making the AH mandatory, they make the RMAH more attractive. If the AH could be really optional, the RMAH would get less attention, for sure.
    Introducing the RMAH removed the huge issue of just otherwise buying items on forums. But you could always also just buy stuff for gold from other people. Diablo 2 was pay to win as well as it turns out, although you could just grind the stuff yourself, if you put enough hours into it. So did you... feel forced to go through trade channels and trade forums all day long in order to play /players 6-7 to maximize loot drops in Diablo 2? Just curious.
    Quote from overneathe
    Introducing the RMAH removed the huge issue of just otherwise buying items on forums. But you could always also just buy stuff for gold from other people. Diablo 2 was pay to win as well as it turns out, although you could just grind the stuff yourself, if you put enough hours into it. So did you... feel forced to go through trade channels and trade forums all day long in order to play /players 6-7 to maximize loot drops in Diablo 2? Just curious.

Almost all games are pay2win thanks to our chinese gold friends.
    Big difference is...in Diablo3 they openly support this...and its mandatory if you want to play MP10 or PvP later.
    Quote from overneathe

Yes, that's true, but you are not taking into consideration one thing, in D2, I bet there were millions of players who didn't want to go through the search, problems, possible scams, etc of having to buy gold from a third party website, but, those very same players would gladly buy gold from a secure, officially supported and incorporated system like it is the RMAH.

This reminds of the fallacy futility illusion: "If I don't do it, somebody else will.".
    Big difference is...in Diablo3 they openly support this...and its mandatory if you want to play MP10 or PvP later.

The only thing that's mandatory for MP10 is that you have incredible gear, how you get it is up to you. MP10 is an optional mode of play designed for players with incredible gear. Nowhere does the game say, if you're not playing MP10, then you're losing!

Having great gear or having a nice HF ring aren't required to enjoy the game.

As for PvP, before the blog happened, it was understood the system will match players up based on their gear level, so no, the RMAH isn't required to have fun in PvP either.

And it's not even that hard to gear up anymore due to increased drop rates. I could get a full set of gear to farm MP5 with as little as 10million, and I'm pretty sure everyone has that. Sure, you won't be in godly gear, but the game's become much more forgiving since release. Almost too forgiving in some players opinion, but meh.
    Quote from IgnatiusReilly

The only thing that's mandatory for MP10 is that you have incredible gear, how you get it is up to you. MP10 is an optional mode of play designed for players with incredible gear. Nowhere does the game say, if you're not playing MP10, then you're losing!

Having great gear or having a nice HF ring aren't required to enjoy the game.

As for PvP, before the blog happened, it was understood the system will match players up based on their gear level, so no, the RMAH isn't required to have fun in PvP either.

And it's not even that hard to gear up anymore due to increased drop rates. I could get a full set of gear to farm MP5 with as little as 10million, and I'm pretty sure everyone has that. Sure, you won't be in godly gear, but the game's become much more forgiving since release. Almost too forgiving in some players opinion, but meh.

AFAIK, the PvP system was going to have a ELO like system, so, you can play extremely badly but have a godly gear, and you will beat the hell out of a really good player with non-godly gear.
    The original arena PvP system was going to indeed be skill based closely resembling WoW's arena rating system, where it's somewhat of a win/lose ratio. Whatever the case, even in WoW if you buy a full last season geared account but suck badly you'd be super bad and drop to 500 (equivalent) rating. Don't see how that's pay to win. I agree though that it's "pay to try and maybe fail unless you start learning".
    Quote from Indimix

AFAIK, the PvP system was going to have a ELO like system, so, you can play extremely badly but have a godly gear, and you will beat the hell out of a really good player with non-godly gear.

most good players have good gears anyway cuz they know how the system works to obtain those gears and put into the hours. the bad players that just rmah won't even come close to the good players without spending great deals of money, and we're talking like over $1000. besides, the best gears are not even on the rmah but rather on the gah. the cost is just going upward when you have to buy billions of gold.

has anyone here play magic: the gathering or other trading card games competitively? it's the exact same thing. you obviously can't win without the proper tools, but good players know how to get there on a budget.
    Quote from Xenocow

Diablo 3 isnt a Free-to-play game.
    Actually its Pay-to-Win....and thats frowned on along almost all Gamers.

Diablo 3 is far from being a Pay-to-Win.

If you want to see a true example then look up games similar to Maplestory.
    When the PvP gets implemented, let see how important is to be "good" at this game, or just to look at the forums what builds/estrategies works best to ROFLSTOMP everyone with the proper gear.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes