Quote from Wakka9000

Quote from Indimix

I don't usually make this kind of threads

Lie. Whining threads are your speciaity
    Exactly my thought :)
    My monk Vin
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from Indimix

I don't usually make this kind of threads, seriously, but.. after reading the news about PvP... it is.. beyond frustrating.

And I couldn't care less about PvP, to me, the PvE aspect of the game is more important, but, even so, they are a hell of a company (or at least they were) and they take amateurish decisions like this one...

Sigh.../

soooo.... to you making the decision to cut a feature and re-do it because it doesn't deliver is 'amateurish' ? I do believe you need to look up that word.

Wrong... THEY made the desision to scrap something for no reason after making players wait 7 months for nothing. I do believe you need to do some research and check out videos of pvp arena from PRE D3 release. It worked just fine.

When they say "THEY' think it doesn't deliver or it wasn't fun without any actual PTR is a lie. Wheres the proof? They? Whos they? Its sure as hell wasn't US the actual players.

Deliver "US" the arenas a let "US" tell them what needs to be re-worked. Thats how its really done.
    Quote from RockmanDoom

I forgot where but that long photo jpeg describing what is wrong with the loot is basically why I stopped playing. This combined with the fact they cant get PVP up after 6 months after release.

Sigh, goodbye blizzard.

*cues song
    ...as we go on, we remember, all the times we, had together...

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9989/infographiclarge.png
    Quote from brx

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from Pinflets

"For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth. Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly." .

Some of the best Player VS Player games i've ever played had no rewards for winning. From Street Fighter 2 to Left 4 Dead.

We don't need some Call of Dooody fluff to make us feel like we earned something.. We don't need rewards, rankings or ladders. If thats their excuse for not releasing arena's then they are all flat out retarded or must think everyone who plays D3 is.

People PVP because its fun, thats enough of a reward. Thats why i pvpd in D2.... Because it was fun.

Seriously, what a slap in the face.. 7 months of wait for them to say they scrapped it because a "THEY" say its not fun.

I mean, don't PTR it or nothing, we don't want the actual players having an opinion especically after a 7 month wait... Just take their word for it because Jay Wilson knows what fun is, not us monkeys. :(
    I agree. But for me the slap in the face comes from the obvious lie that it would lack depth etc, when in fact it has probably been finished for some time now. I think Jay Wilson said in his tweets that the pvp blog will be coming soon and be massive, while in fact it was decided and carefully planned upstairs to save it for a time when they could make more profit with it. We get the very minimum, they get the maximum.

Jay Wilson is either the fall guy from greedy investors or the biggest, dumbest, useless game dev in the future of modern video games.

I agree with what you said.

Even the hype of the blog before it was released is a crock. So basically his pvp blog was delayed for what? Delayed so some other person could find a way to reword everything he said and make look like they tried and really cared? Also, delayed til a day after xmas so they swipe in a few more xmas sales?

Because lets face it... PVP BLOG comming soon didn't mention anything about PVP being scraped all togther. It hinted as if if good news was comming for everyone who waited.

So now. A simple, easy to work arena style pvp in point and click hack and slash land won't work... Until the expansion pack comes out?

Really?

....Amazing how things work.
    Quote from Vooodu

Wrong... THEY made the desision to scrap something for no reason after making players wait 7 months for nothing. I do believe you need to do some research and check out videos of pvp arena from PRE D3 release. It worked just fine.

When they say "THEY' think it doesn't deliver or it wasn't fun without any actual PTR is a lie. Wheres the proof? They? Whos they? Its sure as hell wasn't US the actual players.

Deliver "US" the arenas a let "US" tell them what needs to be re-worked. Thats how its really done.

That's how absolutely no big company does it, ever. And if you know one I suggest you go to it so it can listen to you for years and years. :)
    If I don't sell my account before they release any of this stuff... I'll give it a try and base my opinion on it afterwards.

I'm not a huge fan of dueling, though. I'd prefer something more epic. If only they could do something like Battlefield, that'd be insane (game engine would die, though).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    First of all, I don't care about PvP - never PvP'ed in all my years of D2 and never expect to do so in D3. But there's one thing I find kind of odd about this announcement.

"For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth. Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly."

Sure. It may well get old relatively quickly. But you know what? For the people who do care about PvP, having no PvP, not even fights without objectives, that has already gotten really old.

Why not release a simple implementation - "fighting each other with no other objectives or choices" - and then work on iterating it?

Especially given that D3 PvP is certain to need a lot of shaking down - as many people have said already, it's a PvE game at core, with massive power inflation. It's going to take a lot of tweaking to make PvP playable. Why not do that tweaking while people are just fighting meaningless duels, so when you do add more in-depth PvP features, there's already a modicum of balance in there?
    Quote from st0rmie

First of all, I don't care about PvP - never PvP'ed in all my years of D2 and never expect to do so in D3. But there's one thing I find kind of odd about this announcement.

"For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth. Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly."

Sure. It may well get old relatively quickly. But you know what? For the people who do care about PvP, having no PvP, not even fights without objectives, that has already gotten really old.

Why not release a simple implementation - "fighting each other with no other objectives or choices" - and then work on iterating it?

Especially given that D3 PvP is certain to need a lot of shaking down - as many people have said already, it's a PvE game at core, with massive power inflation. It's going to take a lot of tweaking to make PvP playable. Why not do that tweaking while people are just fighting meaningless duels, so when you do add more in-depth PvP features, there's already a modicum of balance in there?

Sure, but then isn't that exactly why they're adding dueling in 1.0.7?
    duelling seems like a bandaid to get something going.
    TDM would have been just so much better than stupid duelling. I don't really get why they had to scrap TDM. I also don't like their reasoning for it.

Ontop of all that, the promised pvp "well before the end of the year" not being here.
    A promised massive pvp blog, which was just a massive excuse for not being able to deliver.

And the way Jay Wilson acts and posts totally puts me off.
    its time to move on.. yes YOU. move on!
    get over it.
    I think.. they are:

1) Really bad at what they are doing (except the art, I love it)
    or..
    2) They are doing this because of rea$on$.

I tend to think it's the number 2.
    Quote from TheDemokin

There will always be 2 types of gamers:

The actual D2 players:
    The gamers from that era are no longer 18 or 19 years old, we're more like late 20s even 30s - we know how the world works, we've lived with absolute rubbish games back in the day and we appreciate the up and downsides of D3. We also know that Blizzard generally still provides the best quality and content when compared to any other game developer out there.
    I think to this layer of gamers the game is ok. It's not brilliant yet, but it's definitely not something to cry about every day before sleep. 40-50 bucks is not something to cry about either, hell - beer for one night could cost way more than that. D3 is a potentially fantastic platform, give it some time and it will possibly develop into superb game, just like D2 did with LOD release - because lets face it original D2 was pretty damn boring.

The i played D2 gamers:
    Yep they are early 20s or even below that, yet somehow despite the simplest calculus they played D2 for many years, even the original... These guys want INSTANT GRATIFICATION. They want to whine and cry and demand things - because lets face it - the modern society rewards whining and crying and demanding - that's the only thing they know and that's the only thing they will ever do.
    They are the one and only mistake Blizzard ever made - listening to QQQQqqqQQQqqqQQqqqQQQ. Back in the day Blizzard never did bother with as much 'community management' or even really reading forums. They just released content and it was a simple decision - play it if you like, if you don't - there are many other games to choose from.
    Today, because of all these QQs Blizzard actually made a step forward towards community and started working with the community (unlike any other game developer out there), and the only result of them trying to 'satisfy' the 'instant gratification generation' is the incessantly increasing amount of QQ. Because now...the QQers feel empowered! Blizzard did react to them a few times and that was their biggest mistake.

Hence there will always be 2 sides to this argument, and this argument is not based on the game itself, it is rather based on the perception of the world in general and the gap between generations. There will never be any agreement about it or any solution. If 'instant gratification' is not achieved = it's shit. End of story. Screw waiting, screw everything. I paid 40 bucks i want it NOW. While the rest of us are thinking 'wdf have we done to our younger generation? Should've sent them out to work at the age of 16 like we did instead'

Cool story bro.

Constructive, solid, and legal complaining is the only way one's opinion will be listened to by companies... by the way, is this post a huge whining post anyway? lol

QQqqQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQ :QQ: :QQ: :QQ: :QQ: :QQ: :QQ: :QQ: :QQ: :QQ:
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    The way I see it is that WoW and SC2 are still top notch games for their genres. For some reason the team behind diablo isn't nearly as good, no idea why.
    Quote from TheDemokin

The actual D2 players:
    The gamers from that era are no longer 18 or 19 years old, we're more like late 20s even 30s - we know how the world works, we've lived with absolute rubbish games back in the day and we appreciate the up and downsides of D3. We also know that Blizzard generally still provides the best quality and content when compared to any other game developer out there.
    I think to this layer of gamers the game is ok. It's not brilliant yet, but it's definitely not something to cry about every day before sleep. 40-50 bucks is not something to cry about either, hell - beer for one night could cost way more than that. D3 is a potentially fantastic platform, give it some time and it will possibly develop into superb game, just like D2 did with LOD release - because lets face it original D2 was pretty damn boring.

The i played D2 gamers:
    Yep they are early 20s or even below that, yet somehow despite the simplest calculus they played D2 for many years, even the original... These guys want INSTANT GRATIFICATION. They want to whine and cry and demand things - because lets face it - the modern society rewards whining and crying and demanding - that's the only thing they know and that's the only thing they will ever do.
    They are the one and only mistake Blizzard ever made - listening to QQQQqqqQQQqqqQQqqqQQQ. Back in the day Blizzard never did bother with as much 'community management' or even really reading forums. They just released content and it was a simple decision - play it if you like, if you don't - there are many other games to choose from.
    Today, because of all these QQs Blizzard actually made a step forward towards community and started working with the community (unlike any other game developer out there), and the only result of them trying to 'satisfy' the 'instant gratification generation' is the incessantly increasing amount of QQ. Because now...the QQers feel empowered! Blizzard did react to them a few times and that was their biggest mistake.

Hence there will always be 2 sides to this argument, and this argument is not based on the game itself, it is rather based on the perception of the world in general and the gap between generations. There will never be any agreement about it or any solution. If 'instant gratification' is not achieved = it's shit. End of story. Screw waiting, screw everything. I paid 40 bucks i want it NOW. While the rest of us are thinking 'wdf have we done to our younger generation? Should've sent them out to work at the age of 16 like we did instead'

It's a shame that I can only +1, because this deserves +1000.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from TheDemokin

The actual D2 players:

The i played D2 gamers:

It's a shame that I can only +1, because this deserves +1000.

the real shame is that you gave it +1
    Was Diablo 3 made bad on purpose so it didn't overshadow WoW? Sure feels like it these days.
    So Diablo 3 went from this..

and

To barely 1/4 of what they hyped up the game to feature. It has barely 1/4 of what D2 had.

Amazing.. Really if you watch those videos and see what we all actually ended up with. W T F happen?

Was it all removed so that could just sell a bunch of expansion packs?

W T F happened..???

Those videos make the game look so awesome.. I WANT THAT GAME!!!...lol
    Quote from Vooodu

So Diablo 3 went from this..

and

To barely 1/4 of what the hyped up the game to feature. It has barely 1/4 of what D2 had.

Amazing.. Really if you watch those videos and see what we all actually ended up with. W T F happen?

Was it all removed so that could just sell a bunch of expansion packs?

W T F happened..???

Those videos make the game look so awesome.. I WANT THAT GAME!!!...lol

I doubt any of this content will make it in the expansion pack. The content that got cut was probably "not up to Blizzard standards" HAHAHA :hehe:
    Quote from TheDemokin

The actual D2 players:

I'm an "actual D2 player" - played D1 and D2 for many since their releases, and am in my 30s...

...and I think that D3 is technologically a step up from both games. But gameplay, no. It might beat D1 but doesn't come close to D2, in my opinion. D2 wasn't boring to me either, even before LoD.

And the story of D3 is just total shit. I could have written a better story putting a marker in-between my toes and spinning around on a large roll of wax paper completely drunk off my ass... and that's if you read it with the vomit still on the pages. The story is absolute trash.

And Diablo's voiceover is just completely terrible. People may say, "Oh, it' just a voiceover," but when you spent over a decade opening the seals of Chaos Sanctuary to hear the chilling, "Not even death can save you from me," the Diablo voiceover from D3 just doesn't cut it.

Let me not fail to at least mention the disaster that is itemization in D3.
    All this frenzy on the forums is laughable. One blog, a delayed PVP content and Jay Wilson figure is all that is needed to make one of the most successful game developer go "Hero to Zero"in 3 seconds.

The reality is Blizzard still delivers games with great value and outstanding post-release support. They are very clear in their focus on key franchises under their hood, such as Starcraft, Warcraft (both RTS and MMORPG) and Diablo, and want to deliver only the best of the best. That is why they adopted their (in)famous "It is ready when it is ready" approach.

I have recently completed Far Cry 3, which is amazing game in m eyes--it need to be said I did not play FPS for a long time but I did my fair share back in my student days. I'm currently playing Dishonored, which is another amazing game. Yet, those 2 above games combined will not come even close to the amount of time I have spent playing Diablo 3 (upward of 600). I definitely feel I got what my 50 EUR were worth when buying Diablo 3. The same happened with every Blizzard game I have played--Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft or Warcraft 2 and 3.

The most important thing is that Blizzard is not the only game developer and its games are not the only one. It is irrational to cling to one developer, even if acclaimed as high as Blizzard, to be the one and only savior. There are other great games being published every month so there is always something else to play. All I know is that when Blizzard releases their next game I'll be there trying it out because I know that game will be as good as it get.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes