Blizzard is a joke...

and jay wilson says:

WE WILL PUT DUEL IN THE GAME!

KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEEKEKEKEEKEKEKEKEEK!!!!!!!
    I bet that if you take 100 D3 players (who also played D2 and D1) and have them describe how they would want D3 to be, you will get 100 different answers and if those people try to cooperate, compromise their "wants" and make an "up-to-date" diablo game, you will have D3 as it is now, more or less, minus the auction house, maybe.

Also,
    Three things were certain about D3, even before it's release:
    1. It would sell well and a lot of people will like it.
    2. A lot of people would whine and compare it with D2 (yup, I did that a bit when D2 was released and compared it with D1 but then I got over it quickly! :P )
    3. People would whine and cry about pvp for a) it wasn't released on time and B) when it is released there will be a massive rage because a certain build from a certain class will be slightly better.
    (ps. PvP was never a main focus for blizzard in diablo games. it was ALWAYS a treat, an extra feature, a bonus, a way to say thank you. Instead, atm with all the whining taking place and the massive criticism around the corner, they will have to focus even more on that)
    Quote from Indimix

I don't usually make this kind of threads, seriously, but..

actually you do... quite often

although I agree, 7 month to find out they screwed up and now they will enable duels that could easily have been there at launch. Quite disappointing, and while I wasn't waiting for PvP, I know that many others were.
    It's very simple guys.

All that PvP stuff is essentially free for us cause we already payed for the game so Blizzard just has no intentions on investing resources in free content upgrades.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't developing PvP arenas at all in those 7 months. Now we will get our useless duel button and more PvP will come in next expansion.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

It's very simple guys.

All that PvP stuff is essentially free for us cause we already payed for the game so Blizzard just has no intentions on investing resources in free content upgrades.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't developing PvP arenas at all in those 7 months. Now we will get our useless duel button and more PvP will come in next expansion.

Paragon, Monster Power, Ubers and the reworked legendaries were also free content. Why should PvP be different?

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

Quote from Kblavkalash

It's very simple guys.

Paragon, Monster Power, Ubers and the reworked legendaries were also free content. Why should PvP be different?

If your mentioned free content wasn't added then you would have max 15 people playing on D3 servers right now.

Now they thought we will give them dueling (which prolly took less than 1 day to implement) and they just got themselves 6 more months to "work" on PvP.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

If your mentioned free content wasn't added then you would have max 15 people playing on D3 servers right now.

Now they thought we will give them dueling (which prolly took less than 1 day to implement) and they just got themselves 6 more months to "work" on PvP.

1. You don't know that for a fact. Actually it's a super bad prediction. Avoid becoming a video game analyst if you can.
    2. "Gives them more time to work" means "spending more time on the same thing they've been working on for at least several months". They just scrapped what they've been working on for lots of time and all they've done so far has been for nothing as it wasn't up to standard. Any other company would just put out whatever pile of sh*t they developed because it's wasted time/money otherwise. Blizz decided it's not good enough and they'll start from scratch. Chose your camp wisely. What would you do if it was your company?

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Nymrael

I bet that if you take 100 D3 players (who also played D2 and D1) and have them describe how they would want D3 to be, you will get 100 different answers and if those people try to cooperate, compromise their "wants" and make an "up-to-date" diablo game, you will have D3 as it is now, more or less, minus the auction house, maybe.

Also,
    2. A lot of people would whine and compare it with D2 (yup, I did that a bit when D2 was released and compared it with D1 but then I got over it quickly! :P )
    3. People would whine and cry about pvp for a) it wasn't released on time and B) when it is released there will be a massive rage because a certain build from a certain class will be slightly better.
    (ps. PvP was never a main focus for blizzard in diablo games. it was ALWAYS a treat, an extra feature, a bonus, a way to say thank you. Instead, atm with all the whining taking place and the massive criticism around the corner, they will have to focus even more on that)

Two things.

One, what exactly were you crying about D2 compared to D1, D2 was an upgrade in every way.

Two, the auction house ruining Diablo is a huge misconception. If you wanted to spend hours in the trade channels for gear in D2 you could, you weren't forced into it. No one would be complaining about the auction house if we could find gear in game, that is the issue with the auction house, it's the only place to find gear. The auction house is a huge improvement to trading.
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from Kblavkalash

1. You don't know that for a fact. Actually it's a super bad prediction. Avoid becoming a video game analyst if you can.
    2. "Gives them more time to work" means "spending more time on the same thing they've been working on for at least several months". They just scrapped what they've been working on for lots of time and all they've done so far has been for nothing as it wasn't up to standard. Any other company would just put out whatever pile of sh*t they developed because it's wasted time/money otherwise. Blizz decided it's not good enough and they'll start from scratch. Chose your camp wisely. What would you do if it was your company?

You are so naive to think they were working that much on PvP. We haven't heard a single word about PvP since release and they were working on unplanned features like legendaries, paragon levels, monster power, etc, and knowing Blizzard's work speed and laziness it would be no surprise that they haven't really done much with PvP at all since release.

Their plan was to start working on PvP right after release, but game was so bad that many hours went to unexpected features and not on PvP. So don't say that they worked on PvP for many months and only now decided to scrap everything - that's ridiculous :)
    After this statement i wont ever preorder new blizz game ill wait some time and then ill buy it...

bout pvp... no wonder ppl are pissed because most ppl on my friend list have 180k dps + and high paragon lvl and theyve been waiting ages for something new to do... aaaaaaaand... weve got duels... not the fook yeah news ppl were expecting...
    Blizz has done some job but at some points ie legendary rework it aint enough... youve got so much legendary trash tht it aint legendary anymore etc... Playing less n less... and i think it wont be better in future but ill log in from time to time into diablo and chat with some ppl... + i still hope one day this will be better... long term objective... finish last 40 paragon for monk...
    The hilarity that Blizzard constantly produces is amazing.

Now, onto topic. Here is how it goes:

1. Blizzard announce a feature, or game, or new IP, or expansion

2. Blizzard hype and provide a wealth of info about said new feature, game, IP or expansion. Screenshots, videos, gameplay examples, systems information etc. (bases for banners anyone) and gets everyone excited, thinking that "Yes! Once again Blizzard are back on form, on top and kicking arse! I can't wait for the new <insert feature, game, IP or exp. here>"

3. Blizzard keeps quiet for a while, drip feeding information every few months. Fans continue to speculate, building entire day/week/month long discussions around features that they are looking forward to. Theorycrafting and heated discussion follow, enemies and friends are made and lost, and people learn the new systems as well as they can.

4. Fans begin to get tetchy and make topics on the main forums, asking when information about new systems will be available. Topics get hijacked by those defending/attacking Blizzard. Thread breaks down, Blizzard locks, original question never answered.
    ==REPEAT THIS ALMOST AD INFINITUM==

5. Months pass and the topics are made and deleted, people speculate and others speculate on their speculations. Suddenly Blizzard will release information "Sorry folks but were aren't happy with <insert system, feature, game, IP or exp.> so it will be a little late being released, but DONT WORRY! ITS STILL TOTALLY COMING!!"
    Fans are sated, for the moment, speculation rises and those unhappy with waiting make their displeasure known, this is understandable and an inevitable consequence of mass communication in a local spot (these forums).

6. More time passes and it begins to look like we will never see <feature, game, IP, exp.>. People get angry, having become bored with the game available to them and demand something more. The extra time spent waiting is beginning to produce angry forum topics and posts attacking Blizzard. These are roundly ignored or deleted, depending on severity.

7. Blizzard begins to drip feed information regarding the new <feature, system, IP, gameplay, exp> and fans begin to salivate. "New Blog coming about <f,g,ip,sys>!!" "New info soon!". Fans get excited and slightly impatient, speculation and approximation begins. How will the new systems operate? Who are the villains? How many players at a time? Forum activity increase and the excitement spreads.

8. Blizzard announce that said <feature, gameplay, system, exp.> is not "upto the level we feel you deserve". Announcing that the feature they said they would be adding, hinted and surreptitiously provided in-game evidence for, will, in fact, NOT be added yet, and you have to wait even longer for it. They offer a placebo instead, a substitute feature/system in an attempt to deflect some of the negative flak they will receive.

9. Forums EXPLODE. Blizzard are cited as causing the downfall of the gaming industry, life, love and the civilisation as we know it. Blizzard supporters rush to the defense, claiming that "nobody wants a half finished Blizzard game!"
    "They released D3 (as an example) half finished! They release all WoW expansions half finished!"
    "They are continually updated, they cant be finished! WoW and D3 are the same in that respect!"

10. Blizzard continues to drip feed information on the new-new system. After a few months they will release screenshots and gameplay videos. No information will follow for a while, people will get angry. Blizzard will hint at a new Blog regarding the new <system, feature, game, exp>. Blizzard release the blog, revealing that the new <system, feature, etc> isnt quite upto scratch and its time to wait a little longer.

This is the form that Blizzard follow. They do this EVERY GOD DAMN TIME. Be it D3, D3-PvP, WoW features and expansions.

HOW ARE ANY OF YOU SURPRISED.

Seriously. Take the 10 points above, and just apply it to ANYTHING BLIZZARD HAVE RELEASED IN THE PAST 10 YEARS!

Anyway, now you can all see how it works at Blizzard. They act like an amazingly caring company, they listen to feedback and take advice/criticism. However, this is ONLY done to make sure that people are playing THEIR game instead of someone elses. It's not because they have an inherent respect for you all as gamers or people.
    They want you hooked on THEIR product. And the best way to do that, add the things you want.

But when it comes to adding big features that THEY want? Well they couldn't give 2 fucks whether you are happy with the timeline or not, whether you like the fact it takes 2 months or 2 years to produce, whether you enjoy the idea of the new systems at all.
    The best thing about Blizzard is that they have convinced so many of you to both jump to their defence and attack them without provocation. You do all the work for them, AND you PAY them for it. It's awesome.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

You are so naive to think they were working that much on PvP. We haven't heard a single word about PvP since release and they were working on unplanned features like legendaries, paragon levels, monster power, etc, and knowing Blizzard's work speed and laziness it would be no surprise that they haven't really done much with PvP at all since release.

Their plan was to start working on PvP right after release, but game was so bad that many hours went to unexpected features and not on PvP. So don't say that they worked on PvP for many months and only now decided to scrap everything - that's ridiculous :)

Funny, I thought lots of people tried PvP during the Blizzcons? Perhaps there were some videos out there?

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

Quote from Kblavkalash

Funny, I thought lots of people tried PvP during the Blizzcons? Perhaps there were some videos out there?

Exactly, people were playing PvP arenas in '10 and '11 Blizzcons, which meant arenas were working (not fully of course) 3 years ago, do you really think they needed that much time to make them fully playable for players? It always was on very low priority though, that's why they never finished them completely. I assume they haven't really worked on PvP since 2011 or so lol.
    As a software developer, I just HAVE TO answer to a couple of things said in this thread:

they are a hell of a company (or at least they were) and they take amateurish decisions like this one...

How exactly is it "amateurish" to realize that something you have worked on for several months just isn't up to par with your quality standards and as such, you have to make the very hard decision to scrap it and get back to the drawing board even if you have millions of players waiting for it? Amateur game developers would just push out content without regard for quality.

and knowing Blizzard's work speed and laziness it would be no surprise that they haven't really done much with PvP at all since release

When talking about software development, you shouldn't focus on speed but on quality instead. Developing well tested and high quality software takes a lot more time than just plain developing software. If I can draw any conclusions from what I've observed, Diablo 3 has had quite a low number of bugs compared to many other games. Sure you can always argue about game design decisions but the quality of the execution of those decisions has been very good.
    I'm surprised it took them 3 years to understand that they can't design PvE game without even thinking about PvP, and then try to implement that PvP without any rebalancing. Some class skills and the range of gear on lvl 60 chars (from 20k to 400k+ DPS, from 200k to few milions EHP) would completely break PvP to the point of unplayability. And they wanted that in random matchmaking.
    Well, im happy i bought D3, I certainly got my moneys worth.
    Would i like it to be even better..... heck yeah. wouldnt we want this for everything in life? to be just a little bit better.

I think alot of people have too high expectations.
    Expecting every single game to be released to be as good as what they remembered as a child, when the gaming world was much much smaller. and the wow factor was much easier to achieve.

Just deal with the fact that not every title will give you that same sensation you once had. Every now and then, a title will come along that has that. but not for everyone.

Did i have fun in D3? yeah.
    Will i play it in 2 years time? maybe.

The thing is. Games always evolve post launch. They might not get it right all the time. but they try.

All i know is, blizzard made quite a few games. and i enjoyed almost all of them.
    I would love if all blizzard titles gave me years of playing, but even if i only play a game for a month. I'd say i got my moneys worth.

And we still dont know where this game is headed, some of you might argue its going into the toilet. But if that was true and you didnt care, you wouldnt take the time to come here and post about it.
    Almost all games start out at point x, but over time they get better as patches and fixes are implemented. thats just how it is. there is no such thing as a perfect release.

Happy new year to you all, and may 2013 be an even better year.
    Quote from Gohei27

Quote from Nymrael

Also,

Two things.

One, what exactly were you crying about D2 compared to D1, D2 was an upgrade in every way.

Two, the auction house ruining Diablo is a huge misconception. If you wanted to spend hours in the trade channels for gear in D2 you could, you weren't forced into it. No one would be complaining about the auction house if we could find gear in game, that is the issue with the auction house, it's the only place to find gear. The auction house is a huge improvement to trading.

To be honest, I didn't like D2 as much as I liked D1. For me it didn't FEEL the same. Some examples:
    It wasn't dark enough, not as much as D1.
    - I REALLY didn't like the open-doors areas, they felt so "no-diablo" back then.
    - I didn't like the sewers part too in act2. (tbh, I don't like sewers in d3 either) I mean... srsly... SEWERS? Where pee and shit go? - - - Diablo's army and sewers?! I MEAN WTF?! It's as if Diablo has no class man and after all he is the LORD of terror... ffs you can't put shit + lord of terror at the same game ...
    - I REALLY didn't like the talent trees. I know I know... a lot of ppl liked them but I didn't! You know why? Because D1 did not have talent trees, it had only spells and as a sequel I wanted to follow the same steps of D1. I hated talent trees and I hated even more the fact that at the beginning and up to the point I was playing (ye i stopped quite early - when wc3 was released) you couldn't respec.
    - I didn't like some of the classes: amazon? srsly? AMAZON? legendary greek female warrior tribe in a diablo game? WTF?! Rogue was much more awesome as a concept.... also on the exp. DRUID?! SRSLY DRUID?! WTF x 10. Felt completely out of place. What a druid has to do with diablo lore?
    - I didn't like that you couldn't choose between male / female and I had to always go (for example) male for barb.
    - I didn't like that (up to the point I was playing) the only meaningful thing I had to do was to farm the cow level. ULTRA F****ING SUPER BORING.
    - I didn't like acts 2-3-4. Yes. They didn't feel enough *diablo* back then. I mean, desert? Jungles? Hell / heaven being quite shinny compared to the hell of D1 which felt really *deep under the ground*.

I am not saying D2 was a bad game but for those who played a lot D1, D2 was not such a good sequel to be honest. It didn't felt like a Diablo game to me back then because I was comparing it with D1 and I didn't know what I wanted exactly from a sequel. Maybe I was expecting a D1 with better graphics and some new lore.

But now, with my current gaming experience and perception of the world, economics, marketing, companies, innovation etc I look from the other *side* and I realize that there were A LOT of good things about D2 (which now I won't list).

It's what it is, it's evolution. I am not saying that D2 or D3, or hell even D1 were perfect but as a complete product it satisfies me as a customer. Could they be better? Yes, they could be better and that's where patching comes.
    They took so long to release the game that I was expecting that it would have everything...but they had to adjust and change some things because the game was unbalanced or incoherent in some parts :/ It's obvious that they rushed the game, they were forced to release it incomplete or they were tired of working on it. We all saw the changes they had to make at start, some changes shouldn't be necessary, those things should be there from the start -_-

Next, they started implementing some changes and adding some content so that players didn't quit. Like new legendaries (I mean, how stupid were the first legendaries? Really? Those were legendaries? Everyone could think better than blizzard and make awesome legendaries) paragon levels, monster power, ubber bosses...

They always said the game would have PVP but they released an unbalanced and incoherent game that didn't even have PVP, it's obvious they rushed everything and ended up with a game that wasn't tested enough...they are finishing it while we play the game :/

I really like the game but there are many things that show us how rushed this game was and some are just stupid. Just like some other topic that has been discussed in this forum...Deckard is killed by a stupid character (they could at least make a disgusting maghda, a dirty maghda, a version of maghda that when you saw you would say: Oh yeah, that thing is wicked and is ready to blow me apart, i should be careful...), Belial's lies seem more like children play (easy to see through and with no complexity at all :/), Azmodan strategies are awesome and he tells us everything (how professional of him :/), Diablo gets raped so many times but he always says it doesn't matter...seems like a cat running from us...I like the story but it's not complex and deep enough, seems like something we would make for 12 old children :/
    Sure i can understand that some game feature might not be according to blizz standards, but at the same i feel kinda ripped off. I will be honest, i enjoy pretty much playing D3, but no need to take the comunity for fools. So the Team Deathmatch is not ok because of many reasons including, and i will quote "For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth. Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly." .What about duels? Sure this will be a feature that will bring depth to the game..for me worst than a "cheap candy when we payed for much more" are the reasons invoked. it's disrespectful towards the very persons that pay their jobs and their sucess. just my 0,00004 cents.
    Reading this thread I think the only safe conclusion that we can draw is that the internet is full of armchair quarterbacks and Monday morning coaches who claim to know how to do everything better but only after they've seen mistakes.

The best thing I did to improve my enjoyment of D3 was to stop coming to these forums because it's full of whiney people who will absolutely never be happy with anything under any circumstances but take great pleasure in trying to make everyone else miserable too. Sure there are some people who can see the forest for the trees and I applaud them, but the majority of the posters here are self-righteous, indignant, twats who wouldn't be happy if Jay Wilson personally delivered them a gold-plated Lamborghini. Nope, they'd go to the forums and whine that they wanted a Porsche 911, or that the gold-plating process took too long.

Misery loves company and so does hand-wringing.
    p400 :: 85.1k EK :: 2.38m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes