Rate your satisfaction level with the current Diablo 3.

Poll: What do you think of the current state of Diablo 3?

Rate your satisfaction level with the current Diablo 3.

What do you think of the current state of Diablo 3? - Single Choice

• I am very disappointed with the game, do not play, and am not sure why I still visit this forum. 7%
  • It is boring and I have stopped playing until it becomes better in the future. 11%
  • It is a boring game but I still play in hope of it getting better in the future. 23.8%
  • It is sort of a boring game but I am happy with it so far. 7%
  • It is not a bad game and I am satisfied with it so far. 15.9%
  • It is a good game and I am pretty happy with it so far. 28.2%
  • It is an extremely fun game and I am very happy with it so far. 7%
    Still playing steady since 5/15/12 (or 5/16/12, if you remember the launch disaster). Now trying Hardcore, and it has literally made it a whole new game for me.
    With 1.0.5 D3 became a pretty good game, I try to make like 1 level per day (currently paragon 55) and its a nice game to play while hearing podcasts or something like that.
    One of my goals with the start of D3 was to make enough money to buy HotS with it and I achived that. Not to forget the 270€ I made with D3 Betakeys.
    This game is fun, if you play hardcore, or play softcore with netflix in the background. Definitely more fun with friends.
    i voted for the 1st option , im playing HC atm and im having a blast doing it :)
    As of now the only thing that keeps me playing is the lege drops and maybe the paragon levels...
    Hope the PvP patch comes out soon
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from KillDiablosMom

http://www.diablofan...3-boredom-poll/

409 69.5% voted that the game was boring

180 30.5% voted that the game was not boring

This thread is about 5 months old tho

Cool, so I guess we're getting there, as the results look slightly better (51.9% are satisfied). Thanks for pulling that up.

NP

i voted for...
    I am very disappointed with the game, do not play, and am not sure why I still visit this forum

Majority of my friends already stop playing aswell. I wouldn't be surprised if the Diablo community is already decreasing
    Sex, Drugs, & Rock n' Roll
    Diablo 3 is not bad, but alright. It lacks the seasonal events or incentives. In most MMOs like WoW, they have a period in order to get items or gears during a certain time frame of the year. For LoL, the gifting friends ability is limited to this period. In addition, it's hard to keep players attached to the game especially now that there are so many other games out there on other platforms and more games being released. Back in 2000, when Diablo 2 was released, there were a lot less games that were online and multi-player.
    I quit for four months. And I quit hard. I actually thought I was done with the game for good when I did quit. But lo and behold I recently came back and with fresh eyes I'm enjoying it immensely. The game play in D3 is on another level of satisfying. I'm not even talking about item drops, just roaming around killing stuff has an incredibly addicting flow to it. Like a nice rising and falling action, where nothing feels too easy or too hard, but just right. It's got a groove, really. I think I came to realize that after playing Torchlight 2, where you are always on one gear, and always using the same skills more or less the same way, with little regard for anything but the items that drop.

Of course, I'm not concerned with mowing through the game with a max efficiency build like the WW barb (though nothing against that if that's your taste), but instead I'm just creating my own builds and treating the game like a demon killing playground where I can be whatever sounds good to me on any given day/hour/minute. For example, just recently I've come to discover the power of the Frostburn Gauntlets (don't laugh) and I've got a bad ass ice melee wizard that puts out some great DPS but also with some serious survivability.

This is my current build/character: http://us.battle.net...0/hero/20918879

And it's great, because I've gone through like 10 builds over the last week. And just as I'm growing attached, I think... what if I did this?

I guess taking a long break does wonders. So if you're feeling burnt out, then take a break, by all means. And play a ton of Infinity Engine games and maybe some Wizardry too. Well, at least that's what I did.

Anyway, I voted option 2. It's good but it definitely could be better! Looking forward to it.
    I'm the latest casualty for this game. While I still enjoy it, I think it's enough for me now. Ready to go pursue and spend more time on other forms of entertainment.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Im really happy about the game. Just we need new content asap
    Once PVP comes out I feel this game will be extremely fun and I'll dump a lot more hours into it.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from Jaetch

I'm the latest casualty for this game. While I still enjoy it, I think it's enough for me now. Ready to go pursue and spend more time on other forms of entertainment.

can i have your wizard gear while you go play other games? :o
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    story line just too short for me.. not like d2 it really a long journey.. so far i enjoy it.. but half too compare with d2..
    Quote from Shadout

Quote from Geniii

I think its a good game, especially with the addition of Monster Power and Paragon levels. Though, I'd like to have some kind of valor system (excuse me, like in WoW) where you can trade certain activity points for ingame rewards. These rewards could be items, of course, but they could also add new colors, glows and graphics to your current gear.

Hm,there are always tons of good ideas flowing around, but this is the first time I remember seeing this one. Would be quite interesting tbh, as one of the "problems" with random drop games like D3, obviously is how you can play for hours without feeling you gained anything at all.
    Paragon lvls try to adress that of course, but hardly enough - I guess mostly because the benefits of paragon are relatively invisible to you ("behind-the-scene" MF and stats).

MF is more an improvement to your dices. But getting a promised effect like a pink sparkle sword for spending time on playing the game is a direct reward.

Quote from Jaetch

Oh noes! You've been the star on the wizard sky! Do you remember how much you have spent? (time and money). You'll be missing PvP when it comes out next years season ;).
    I love the game.
    I know it has many flaws, mostly bad decisions taken at higher levels.
    I love the art, I love the sound, I love the physics and in general it's well programmed. Can't blame the dev team for anything.
    The producers and "idea men" though, they suck
    "It is boring and I have stopped playing until it becomes better in the future."

Of course, I've stopped playing since the end-ish of May, and it still doesn't look like they are going to fix the game, or add on to it in a meaningful way. Most likely, Blizzard is saving anything substantial for the inevitable expansion. The question is, will that expansion actually improve this game? Right now, there is nothing redeeming about this game. There is nothing done in this game that improves upon the genre, and nearly every other ARPG out now (and coming out from the looks of it) does it better.

I have hopes that this game will change for the better, but those hopes are not high, nor are they realistic.
    I would rate the game at a generous 4/10 as of now, to me its complete dogshit. Anyone following the game since 2008 has known that they did not deliver most of what was promised, and the game in general took 7-8 years to be released with less content than d2.

I played the game for approximately 1 month and haven't returned for more than an hour or two at a time per month.

Without even going into the deeper problems I would call it a stagnant trashcan of a game. I don't think d2 was perfect by a longshot and even back in the early 2000's I said it needed work. But expectations were that a very long development cycle would lead to a great game that would continue by building on the weaknesses and strengths of d2.

What was produced was very disappointing, and after a few band-aids nothing has improved it. It does seem that blizzards' "when it's done" attitude simply does not pay off. Seems the game was a massive joke.

Having watched some of the developers' 'in the making' videos and kept up with the game since 2008, blizzard seems to allow it's employees to simply screw around and throw paper balls at eachother in the office all day, repeatedly develop systems and then throw them away with no real goal or purpose in the game until people finally get fed up and a game is released which is still unsatisfactory.

I haven't enjoyed any blizzard games since diablo2/starcraft 2 era, WoW being a very boring game in itself. SC2 was okay but redundant and un-innovative.

Quote from Lord_Jaroh

"It is boring and I have stopped playing until it becomes better in the future."

Of course, I've stopped playing since the end-ish of May, and it still doesn't look like they are going to fix the game, or add on to it in a meaningful way. Most likely, Blizzard is saving anything substantial for the inevitable expansion. The question is, will that expansion actually improve this game? Right now, there is nothing redeeming about this game. There is nothing done in this game that improves upon the genre, and nearly every other ARPG out now (and coming out from the looks of it) does it better.

I have hopes that this game will change for the better, but those hopes are not high, nor are they realistic.

Yes, many completely free games like path of exile are actually going to be able to compete with D3. Torchlight 2's open modding is probably the only thing that made it lose out and not compete.
    D3 seems like a game that might've had a chance in the 2006-2007 era, maybe late 2008, but now it feels very weak.

No one will pay $60 for a one act expansion now either. It will have to be a huge expansion, or a very cheap one.
    Quote from Crashhh1

No one will pay $60 for a one act expansion now either. It will have to be a huge expansion, or a very cheap one.

I don't think they'll charge 60 for it, but even if they would charge 100, many people would buy it; probably even me. Because you know what - I'm a DiabloFan, and I still have faith in Blizzard. And seeing you giving "complete dogshit" still a "4/10", I wouldn't be surprised if we'd see you around as well. Because let's face it - there are many games which are worse than "dogshit" and on a one to ten scale would have a hard time to even scratch at the one.

The only point I can agree on with you, and the reason why probably many people here don't vote for the higher options of their level of satisfcation, is that Blizzard set extreme expectations they haven't met. I wouldn't say they disappointed me as much as they did for you, but given how great some of their old games were and how much time I spent on their games in the 90s, I expected more. I knew that SC2 would be nothing for me because it's all about micro and esports, but even the interface was a huge disappointment; and similarly is not finished yet in my eyes (and the interface isn't either). But it's still a good game and better than many others. The bad ratings are all about expectations, in my opinion.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Crashhh1

I don't think they'll charge 60 for it, but even if they would charge 100, many people would buy it; probably even me. Because you know what - I'm a DiabloFan, and I still have faith in Blizzard. And seeing you giving "complete dogshit" still a "4/10", I wouldn't be surprised if we'd see you around as well. Because let's face it - there are many games which are worse than "dogshit" and on a one to ten scale would have a hard time to even scratch at the one.

The only point I can agree on with you, and the reason why probably many people here don't vote for the higher options of their level of satisfcation, is that Blizzard set extreme expectations they haven't met. I wouldn't say they disappointed me as much as they did for you, but given how great some of their old games were and how much time I spent on their games in the 90s, I expected more. I knew that SC2 would be nothing for me because it's all about micro and esports, but even the interface was a huge disappointment; and similarly is not finished yet in my eyes (and the interface isn't either). But it's still a good game and better than many others. The bad ratings are all about expectations, in my opinion.

The expectations came from basic assumptions promised by blizzard
    -Bot control
    -Gold being valuable and not extremely inflated
    -Stat and skill points that gave the user control over his characters' build
    -More content and features than d2, not less.

Many people are exaggerating the effect of nostalgia and expectations on the diablo 3 ratings given. I've always known d2 was a pretty good game (7-8 in my eyes) with many problems that could've been a 9.5-10 if it had more work put into it. I still wouldn't go back to diablo 2 even though I liked it a great deal. I would be bored.

It's standard to expect that when a sequel is released, it will improve and innovate a great deal on the previous title, there were many obvious directions that diablo could have taken. I wouldn't have minded if it went in a direction more like a 2d, isometric MMO (not full on MMO), or any other direction. The simple fact, though, is diablo 3 has significantly less than the fans required of a new age sequel to an oldschool game that was very well received.

Blizzard was a much smaller company when diablo 1&2 was created and there was a great deal of laxity with d2's problems.
    Furthermore, the entire concept of an MMO was just starting to come to life on the internet.
    It had the proper look and feel of a dark, gothic game, it had stat points, skill points, and the acts were roughly the same length as d3.
    We had charms, realistic effects like a limit of arrows/quivers, jewels and skulls to socket, a horadric cube, et cetera.

Many fans of the time imagined that a diablo 3 would take these functions and others, and create a massive series with more content and playtime and continue growing.

I may have even played diablo 2 longer than I enjoyed it with the imagination that in the future, it would be expanded upon. What we got was a very late sequel that was slapped together unthoughtfully.
    I've been playing the game since beta, have beaten Inferno on hardcore some time ago and I'm currently at paragon level 39 on my softcore barbarian. So I'm not playing it all the time, but I have been investing an hour or two on it each day. I voted 'It is a pretty good game' option, and I think it summarizes my experience in Diablo 3 pretty well. I am also very optimistic about the future, even though PvP has been delayed for too long. It would have made a much bigger impact if the patch was released before the end of 2012, but it seems they pushed it back to counter the PoE release.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes