Rate your satisfaction level with the current Diablo 3.

Poll: What do you think of the current state of Diablo 3?

Rate your satisfaction level with the current Diablo 3.

What do you think of the current state of Diablo 3? - Single Choice

• I am very disappointed with the game, do not play, and am not sure why I still visit this forum. 7%
  • It is boring and I have stopped playing until it becomes better in the future. 11%
  • It is a boring game but I still play in hope of it getting better in the future. 23.8%
  • It is sort of a boring game but I am happy with it so far. 7%
  • It is not a bad game and I am satisfied with it so far. 15.9%
  • It is a good game and I am pretty happy with it so far. 28.2%
  • It is an extremely fun game and I am very happy with it so far. 7%
    I've been a Diablo fanboy since forever, but D3 has a lot of major issues that the previous title didn't have (none of which I want to go into in this thread). I hate to say it but "It is a boring game but I still play in hope of it getting better in the future" pretty much reflects the way I feel about the game. I really do hope Blizzard can pull out some cool shit for the expansion that makes it far more interesting than the current game. By no means am I saying it's a bad game, hell, for the money it's probably one of if not the best games of the year, which is weird to say, but since I've spent over 400 hours playing my barb alone, I'm forced to say it's totally worth the money many times over.
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Now that others have shared their opinion, here is mine:

"It is boring and I have stopped playing until it becomes better in the future."

I really enjoyed playing through Diablo 3 for the first few times (Normal -> Hell). The animations, graphics, and skills blew me away, and I had a constant "this is awesome!" feeling. From the start, I went completely solo to Inferno on my WD.

Even though I had really enjoyed leveling my WD, my favorite play styles in Diablo 2 were assassin and amazon, so I started a DH. That was great, though the DH was definitely not as satisfying as WD. By the time I knocked out Normal mode, I had already lost a lot of interest making it through the other difficulties. Got through Nightmare and looked at Hell as an unnecessary chore. Got through that and really enjoyed Inferno, enough to beat it.

Started a Wizard, got to Hell mode and stopped. Even though I really enjoy playing the character, story progression was so tedious and uninteresting that I couldn't bring myself to do it anymore.

Everything after that can be summed up like so: Lost interest in MFing (terrible loot), leveling (too tedious), auction house (unrewarding chore), and became so disappointed with the game's longevity that I didn't even bother trying out Ubering when that launched.

I feel like I don't want to give up on Diablo, as I've been a Diablo player for a decade, but I've lost so much interest that it's going to take something big to get me into it again. I feel like Diablo 3 has the potential to turn into a truly multifaceted game with more than just Questing and PVP, but it doesn't seem like that will happen. I'd love to see some mini game-esque features, like endless dungeons and multiplayer events (this is supposed to be a multiplayer game).

I'm contemplating forgetting that Diablo 3 exists and come back to it in a year or two to see what's up with it. Just not happy with the longevity of it. Diablo 2 wasn't that great when you take a few steps back, but that game was truly a multiplayer game that constantly thrilled and reinforced its players to continue playing. Diablo 3 isn't that kind of game yet.

Please continue voting and sharing your opinions. I'm very curious to create a good sample of what the community thinks.
    I think the game is good. It just needs something to push it over the edge to be good. Currently there's nothing aside from hellfire rings that isn't completely based around the AH in some way. There's just no content. Paragon gives you MF and stats which people get to farm... to sell things on the AH. That's about it.
    @mbease: Wow. Props for creating such an unbiased poll despite your dissatisfaction with the current state of the game. I sincerely hope there will be future changes that make the game fun for you again.
    Game was totally worth the money and I cannot say that I didnt enjoy it. But there is just something wrong. I play usually 1-2 h per day about 2-4 times a week. Sometimes I just start playing because there nothing else to play/do, and when I´m logged in and about to click "Start game", I just dont mind playing. So I log of even though I have nothing to do. my feelings towards the game are in a rollercoaster - sometimes its fun, sometimes nothing to do is more interesting than this game.

I dont really care about PvP, so its not that, but Itemisation is bad. Crafting sucks. Every class have max 3 builds that matters.

And I really miss random maps. And the concept of skill runes that were items with different tiers and affixes. :(

But, I have faith in bliz that they listen their customers, and patches this game to a diamond. :)
    Game wasn't that bad. Played it for over 1k hours but its starting to dry out again. Just need a few patches here and there and it should be enjoyable again. For me atleast XD
    Had to vote the last option...
    Quote from Bagstone

@mbease: Wow. Props for creating such an unbiased poll despite your dissatisfaction with the current state of the game. I sincerely hope there will be future changes that make the game fun for you again.

I seriously hope they will, too. The game has a lot of potential.
    Diablo 2 took a while to become the incredible game it eventually turned into, and Diablo 3 will obviously be the same.

Quote from Indimix

Had to vote the last option...

Yeah, I switch between the last option and the option I chose.
    the game has improved, i just wish they would release pvp already. it's gone a few weeks after release to almost half a year after release...
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/63704-diablo-3-boredom-poll/

409 69.5% voted that the game was boring

180 30.5% voted that the game was not boring

This thread is about 5 months old tho
    Sex, Drugs, & Rock n' Roll
    I dont "hate" the game perse, i am just sad that there is so little to do.
    Its a hunt & collect kind of game... where the collecting part isnt satisfying enouth.

"It is boring and I have stopped playing until it becomes better in the future."

Currently wasting my Time in Firefall (beta), and SWToR until future improvements to D3.
    Quote from KillDiablosMom

http://www.diablofan...3-boredom-poll/

409 69.5% voted that the game was boring

180 30.5% voted that the game was not boring

This thread is about 5 months old tho

Cool, so I guess we're getting there, as the results look slightly better (51.9% are satisfied). Thanks for pulling that up.
    Havent played the game much in recent months, though I tried to get back in a few weeks ago.
    The game is far from bad though, contrary it is good in many ways. I surely got my money's worth and more from it.

The problem just is, that being a "good game", is pretty lackluster when said game comes from Blizzard. They have a long way to go to reach a quality that reminds of some of their earlier games (obviously including Diablo 2).

That said, the overall trend in patches has been decent. Maybe if they keep it up for a year or two :)
    I think its a good game, especially with the addition of Monster Power and Paragon levels. Though, I'd like to have some kind of valor system (excuse me, like in WoW) where you can trade certain activity points for ingame rewards. These rewards could be items, of course, but they could also add new colors, glows and graphics to your current gear.
    I think everyone wanted this game to be perfect, fact is that it is really pretty good. Everyone has the fondest memories of D2 but often overlook the fact that D2 was around for like a decade. There were some peaks and valleys during that run. Also, everyone forgets that the last couple of years of D2 was almost unplayable. Botters and Spammers ruined any enjoyment of that game. Also, everyone had the same three runewords and the game was far too easy. I think that D3 came out a little unbalanced but has made steps in the right direction.

As a society craving instant gratification, everyone needs to calm down and give it a little time to work the kinks out. It has only been 7 months. We have been waiting for like 5 just for the game to come out.
    Quote from Geniii

I think its a good game, especially with the addition of Monster Power and Paragon levels. Though, I'd like to have some kind of valor system (excuse me, like in WoW) where you can trade certain activity points for ingame rewards. These rewards could be items, of course, but they could also add new colors, glows and graphics to your current gear.

Hm,there are always tons of good ideas flowing around, but this is the first time I remember seeing this one. Would be quite interesting tbh, as one of the "problems" with random drop games like D3, obviously is how you can play for hours without feeling you gained anything at all.
    Paragon lvls try to adress that of course, but hardly enough - I guess mostly because the benefits of paragon are relatively invisible to you ("behind-the-scene" MF and stats).

Quote from Bobcat915

As a society craving instant gratification, everyone needs to calm down and give it a little time to work the kinks out. It has only been 7 months. We have been waiting for like 5 just for the game to come out.

True enough, but the very fact that the game had 5+ years development, and other games in the genre to learn from (something D2 didn't really have much of) means that it was reasonable to expect that Blizzard had a better grasp of their own game, than what they seem to have.
    It is somewhat disappointing if they need to go through the same years of learning as they did with Diablo 2 all over again.
    voted its a good game hope pvp will push my opinion up to its an extremely good game
    "It is not a bad game and I am satisfied with it so far"

I'm a Diablo player since D1 came out.
    I enjoy the game, I play almost nothing else, all my 10 characters are lvl 60, 8 out of 10 are in Inferno, 2 will be soon.
    Have to say I enjoy all 5 classes (even if monks could be better, imo) which was not the case in D2.
    It's worth the money but....it's still lacking...it feels a bit "empty".

But in the past few months the game has improved and I hope the trend will continue.

What worries me is that this game has some serious flaw which is going to be hard to fix due to the structure of the game itself.

PvP could help boost interest of bored players but balancing it will be tricky...I expect huge complaints and lot of patches.
    Still PvP lovers waited so long they deserve a bit of extra attention from Blizzard.
    Without any PVP this game is garbage. I don't care what any PVM carebears think about PVP or how bad they think it will be.

No pvp of any form 7 months in is a complete joke.
    i voted "It is not a bad game and I am satisfied with it so far."
    I would be a complete hypocrite saying it's a a horrible game after 800hrs played, it's just a bit boring for me after reaching lvl 100 on my Demon Hunter, and the actual economy, itemization and loot system is annoying me after i ate the paragon carrot.

Yeah, the game is kinda bland now that i reached my goal, but it was worth the money and i think it will improve.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes