This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

new exploit for scamming in d3

scammed me for a 80mil witching hour, same method, he asked me to drop it, i droped it for one sec, but then this trade bug...
    awesome stuff right there.
    Oh and FYI, he didnt kept the trade window open, he went as far as u can get , then he opened the trade from like a mile away which i didnt even knew u can do that
    Why the hell would you drop an item on the ground guys? seriously... these scams are so 2000 xD
    Quote from Jamoose

Why the hell would you drop an item on the ground guys? seriously... these scams are so 2000 xD

History tends to repeat itself. :o

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Huminator

God i hope your an US player : p

God, there is so much wrong with this sentence, it hurts my eyes.
    What does it matter whether he's a US player or not?
    Also, I hope you're still learning english.

@topic: uh, old scam is old. Common sense > 99% of all scams.
    I can see this scam being insanely successful with a 2 party scam team. But alone I'm just still mind boggled. Like I assumed once you clicked out of trade it exited for both players not just one. Assuming that he would have to cancel his trade window to be able to pick up your item.

If there was 2 people though I could see it like person to be scammed will be called Bob, Scammers will be Jake and Tom. Jake wants to get item from Bob. Jake has Bob drop item and opens trade window with gold in it. Tom comes in and steals the item from the ground and disappears. You assume Jake did something when in fact he just opened trade window and put in gold or the wrong item or whatever excuse he would use to not continue the transaction.
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
    I can see what you see not.
    The only way blizzard can fix that "exploit". Is if they behead people like you xD

Stupidity at its best.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Wow,not to be mean, but heck dude.. I could smell the scam on that the second he said to drop it on the ground. It's an old trick in many online games.

Sorry, but wow... I feel for you, but hey...this is how we learn.

Secondly, if he's really a 'scanner', I've got some stuff I needed scanned, like in yesterday already.

Jokes aside, I'm sorry this happened to you and hope it doesn't make you lose all your trust in people, just know how to recognize bullshit. It's a huge loss, but it's a valuable lesson. Take it to heart and shake off the gold you lost. No point dwelling in the past.
    That sux real bad
    I did find this story to be humorous, and it put a smile on my face. I really hope this is a fake story cause I cant imigine someone actually admitting this happend to them.
    I dont get this, what is this new exploit? stupidity? That's an old exploit =/

Did find it quite amusing though, that some people still fall for this kind of thing xD

GL on your ongoing endeavours & i hope you learned a valuable lesson ;)
    Quote from Huminator

The only way blizzard can fix that "exploit". Is if they behead people like you xD

Stupidity at its best.

Sad but true.
    Make a report through the official channels next time, coming here posting someones battletag and accusing him of exploiting when he cant defend him self is low.

You can only blame your self for this one btw, Blizzard made a trade function in the game for exactly these kind of situations.

Edited out the battletag and closing this.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes