new exploit for scamming in d3

making mistakes is the best way to learn. sorry for your loss. rule of thumb: don't trust anyone you meet on the internet.
    this has brighten up my day lawl
    Quote from Tsukishima

OT. Laughing at someone's misfortune is not good people. It could happen to you or your loved ones one day.

Hey, i dont even know you from anywhere. Why dont you just give me your credit card details and the key to your house right now, ill keep them safe, no problemo!

The lack of common sense in the human race is mind-boggling, and the sad part is, like Voltaire says "While there's grannies to trip down the stairs ill be there, ill be waiting arround the corner". The sooner people like the OP start using their heads for more than just hoodies/caps, the less complaints towards Blizz HQ's where they just facepalm and go "Really?" we will have to read on these forums. The OP is asking for a fix. Sadly, not even Ebay can bless you with an IQ superior to a rock.
    Quote from Indimix

Greed somehow interferes with common sense from time to time.

So, your greed was too damn high.. or you lack of common sense.

Probably a nice cocktel of both.

Good luck, I hope you are 15, otherwise, you are gonna have a bad time.

it wasnt greed we baragaind i went down in price he was nice we talked bfore

and no i am not 15 and i am a top rated player so it could happen to anyone
    its sucks bcuz i ussually give away free items and am very nice and helpful for all
    Quote from Puttah

He told you to put the amulet on the ground and you didn't ask why? What was his reason?

this is amulet it hurts

he told me he couldnt see the items stats in the chat and he needed to ctrl id it on the ground he told me someone sacmmed him to and to drop it on the ground i didnt want to so he droped a good set item to on the ground and was half screen away from me and told me if u see me coming pick my item and pick yours cuz i am so far away from u
    so i droped and he opened the trade window
    i know its my bad i am just sharing this experince with u all ....
    When someone asks to drop the item on the ground, you should become suspicious and decline immediatelly.

And saying "I'm one of the top players, so it can happen to anyone" is a flawed logic. You being on the top of epeen ladder doesn't mean you are unable to act stupid.

I'm sorry for your loss, but you gave it away stupidly. It doesn't make the scammer any better, he is a bad, bad person, but to make it so sooo easy for them? I hope you will take a lesson from this.
    Quote from golanbendor

hey to all
    this is my story:
    i had an nice tal rasha amu i tried to sell here on the forum so a guy came to me said he was from here
    was nice we talked a bit and agreed to trade the guy is dark#21651 he is a scanner dont trade with him !!!

the trick is is and i hoped blizzard fix it altough its my bad
    he opened a trade box put the cash 350 mil
    then after he told me to put the amulet on the ground
    i didnt agree and then he went far from meand put his on zuni set on the ground
    and told me to do so he did. i told him it aint gonna happen
    so he said look i am far from u on the screen if u see me coming just pick it up
    so i said he cant do nothing hes far away maybe hes paranoid
    so i put the amu on ground then he came
    i tried to pick it up but couldnt do so becuase he opened a trade box when he was trying to get my amu and thats the exploit!!! and after that boom my sweet amu was gone!
    it it was my bad but beware !!!
    and blizzard pls fix this

lol......c'mon brother. Be a man. Men know when they fuck up and do stupid shit. We all do stupid shit from time to time, and a as man, admit it.

That was fucking dumb....lesson learned.

What I'm not understanding though is.... why on Earth did you even consider drop-trading? Like seriously what the fuck?

I would also submit that perhaps it would be more of an opportunity to exploit people for their naivety if you could, in fact, pick up items with the trade window open. Not sure how but I suppose it's possible.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from golanbendor

he told me he couldnt see the items stats in the chat and he needed to ctrl id it on the ground he told me someone sacmmed him to and to drop it on the ground i didnt want to so he droped a good set item to on the ground and was half screen away from me and told me if u see me coming pick my item and pick yours cuz i am so far away from u
    so i droped and he opened the trade window
    i know its my bad i am just sharing this experince with u all ....

Chin up....next time (and I assure there will be a next time) just tell them "tough luck"....."that's your fucking problem". That ammy was fucking nice and if he didn't want it, many others would.

My philosophy has always been to insist that I'm in charge, there is a very specific manner of doing a trade and as soon as someone tries to wrestle control of the trade from me with preposterous suggestions ,,,,,,,,,fuck 'em.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from golanbendor

and i am a top rated player so it could happen to anyone
    Top rated player and not knowing you should never drop item on the ground?
    *cough*BS*cough*
    :facepalmsmile:
    This made my morning, ty OP! :Thumbs Up:

A scam like the OP posted, also occured in d2 if any remember. You weren't able to teleport inside town. But it was possible to teleport from outside town, through the fences and to the location the items was at. People with teleport would have the person with the item they wanted, put it on the ground inside town. Telling him it was to verify it wasn't a dupe or anything. Then the Scammer could just teleport inside town and speed pickup the wanted item.

Hope the OP didn't play d2 and was aware of this, cause with this knowledge you would never put items on the ground in a trade. No matter what excuses the scammer comes up with.

Use your brain when trading, and don't let greed get the better of your judgement!
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Reading this gave me a headache. Seriously, why would you drop an item which you don't want to give away for free on the floor? WHY?!
    God i hope your an US player : p
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Hey OP I found a way to dupe! Join my game and drop your items on the ground! Then hold down shift and alt, and hit J186 F4 QQJ2!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    the second he asked to put it on the ground, you should have reported him for scamming, blocked him, and left the damn game...dont even try to wrap your head around a possible legitimate reason. when your spidy senses tingle, GTFO.
    Should have thrown same item with crappy roll on the ground just to mess with him ^^
    I'm torn, really I am. If you'd have said "He said drop it on the floor so I did", I'd maybe give you points for naivety, but to go "This seems awfully suspicious, better do it anyway" really hurts my head. Still hard luck though, you just lost more than my character's total worth ._.
    I've been scammed a couple of times, but then again, I was a young teenager playing D2.
    How many times have I been scammed since then? 0.
    Why? Because I've learnt from my experiences.

OP, you will learn too.
    Ok for anyone who does not know, but this guy seeks attention and is Trolling cause no one in their right mind will drop a amulet worth 350mil on the ground, who the F&*^K trades like that ? This guys suffers from the Downs.

No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.
    use some logic next time
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes