List of what this game NEEDS. and should already have.

While searching the AH, I miss the option to keep an item under surveillance (max 5-10 items or so) so that you don't have to remember the stats you used to find it or that you have to bid once to "save" it.
    Two things I would like to see in D3, and those are:

Better crafting: Let us craft LVL 63 items, give us plans for those. With high prices on crafting it would be nice gold sink, and give us nice options (think others suggested this also).

Item Enhancement system: For X gold and crafting resources you can enhance one random item property (up to the max stat value with smaller steps, like 2-5% on all resist, or 1% attack speed) or ad one more property if item has them less then 6 (LVL 60+ items only). Also DMG enhancement with prices relative to max DMG (chep to move from 100 to 200, but very expensive to move from 1.2k to 1.3K).

Edited: Oh yeah, why can't they make item comparison on AH so that I know what will change if I buy that item. As thing are now, I'm purchasing on instinct and finish with 0.1% upgrade for several million because I miscalculated all variables. It works on items shown by other players on chat, why doesn't it work in AH?

Edited: Oh yeah, why can't they make item comparison on AH so that I know what will change if I buy that item. As thing are now, I'm purchasing on instinct and finish with 0.1% upgrade for several million because I miscalculated all variables. It works on items shown by other players on chat, why doesn't it work in AH?

It's indeed annoying and should be added. What I normally do is to link the item to a friend, then I log on and view the items from in the game. I know a few ppl use the general chat for that too but I try to avoid flooding it and flood my friends instead. It's of course a pain to have to log in, then back out and searching again but it works for now, until they add it into the game.
    Legendary dying is in the works, it's some bug on the programming side that they're trying to remove. Class specific items can't roll only useful stats as they'll become instant BIS.

Legendary dyeing is't a bug, they just can't be assed to make several art copies of the items in different colors (which is how dyeing works - use that Infernal dye on an item and the game displays the art of that item in Infernal color).

As for class specific items rolling garbage stats: I've seen Spirit Stones roll with bonuses to Wizard skills. Quivers with +mana. Bonuses like that which are completely impossible to take advantage of should be removed. Yea, that Uhkapian serpent might suck since it rolled 150+ DEX, but hey, at least it didn't roll APoC, which is possible under current conditions.

Also, there will never be a gold sink in Diablo 3, because that would cut down on gold sales (people wouldn't sell gold if they actually NEED it), so Blizz wouldn't get their cut.
    REAL CHAT ROOMS and LOBBIES (akin to d2).
    More diverse affixes on normal gear and legendaries)
    More uniques (but only after affix addition)
    More sets
    Make lower level gear diverse to make the leveling up process more interesting
    More curses and elemental effects.
    Ladder system and resets
    More gems with jewel like random effects
    Extremely challenging boss that drops things that you can trade, that only drop from him (like torches). Make it so only the best geared players can kill them, even on lowest MP.
    Bots will take over the chat rooms just as bad ass before so I disagree about the game needing that.

What I'd like to see is item affixes that actually will modify how you play, rather than just numerical upgrades. Affixes that change how you manage your characters resources, like +2 hatred generated from Bola Shot, rather than +4% crit chance

I'd also like to see more skills and talents make use of the lesser valued affixes like health from potions and globes or pick up radius.

And of course, more gems. Currently an a player is really only choosing between their primary stat or vitality. I'd like to see gems for Max AP/Hatred/Mana/Spirit/Fury, +Armor, +Resist All, and Thorns (assuming they make it better).

Resists of a specific element should roll higher than resist all, this would mean "One with Everything" will need to be rebalanced, but it will offer greater choice when picking out gear. At the risk of sounding like a hipster, D2 had that balanced correctly.

It would be nice if when a rare item is rolled, it is optimized for a specific class, so we don't see spirit stones with Int and no Dex, or a normal helm with +strength and +5% Critical Hit Chance of Explosive Blast

Legendary dying is in the works, it's some bug on the programming side that they're trying to remove. Class specific items can't roll only useful stats as they'll become instant BIS.

Legendary dyeing is't a bug, they just can't be assed to make several art copies of the items in different colors (which is how dyeing works - use that Infernal dye on an item and the game displays the art of that item in Infernal color).

As for class specific items rolling garbage stats: I've seen Spirit Stones roll with bonuses to Wizard skills. Quivers with +mana. Bonuses like that which are completely impossible to take advantage of should be removed. Yea, that Uhkapian serpent might suck since it rolled 150+ DEX, but hey, at least it didn't roll APoC, which is possible under current conditions.

Also, there will never be a gold sink in Diablo 3, because that would cut down on gold sales (people wouldn't sell gold if they actually NEED it), so Blizz wouldn't get their cut.

From the Reddit Q&A:

(Andrew): I just chatted with our awesome artists about this the other day! We currently have some tech restrictions that make it unfeasible for us to do this.

We definitely want to allow this though, and we are looking at solving the tech issues related to it.

So as I told you, it's a technical issue, not an artist one.

And as I said earlier as well, you can't have class specific items roll only bonuses for their respective classes since they'll remove the option to chose any other items for that particular slots. Monk fists for example will absolutely destroy all other weapons if they can only roll dex and vit as main stats. With the current pool of 383 affixes, removing the non-monk ones... like str, int, str/int, str/dex, int/dex, int/str, str/vit, str/int, mana per hit, max mana, AP on hit, max AP, all-other-class-skill-ones, etc, etc. You'd be left with maybe 250 affixes, probably less. With the pool of stats being reduced so drastically a flow of awesome fists will come absolutely instantly, removing any need to look for anything other than monk fists if you're a monk. So 1 1h and 1 2h weapon is all the monk would likely be left to chose from. Then people will say "dude, class-specific items are TOO overpowered. They only roll good stats!". Well yeah, that's what you wanted.

From the Reddit Q&A:

(Andrew): I just chatted with our awesome artists about this the other day! We currently have some tech restrictions that make it unfeasible for us to do this.

We definitely want to allow this though, and we are looking at solving the tech issues related to it.

So as I told you, it's a technical issue, not an artist one.

And as I said earlier as well, you can't have class specific items roll only bonuses for their respective classes since they'll remove the option to chose any other items for that particular slots. Monk fists for example will absolutely destroy all other weapons if they can only roll dex and vit as main stats. With the current pool of 383 affixes, removing the non-monk ones... like str, int, str/int, str/dex, int/dex, int/str, str/vit, str/int, mana per hit, max mana, AP on hit, max AP, all-other-class-skill-ones, etc, etc. You'd be left with maybe 250 affixes, probably less. With the pool of stats being reduced so drastically a flow of awesome fists will come absolutely instantly, removing any need to look for anything other than monk fists if you're a monk. So 1 1h and 1 2h weapon is all the monk would likely be left to chose from. Then people will say "dude, class-specific items are TOO overpowered. They only roll good stats!". Well yeah, that's what you wanted.

Actually, you changed your argument to make yourself correct. They said its a restriction not a bug, which is COMPLETELY different and goes against your original argument, thus making the person your arguing with more correct than you, which makes your stance a little awkward.

For clarification:

Person A: Its a bug!
    Person B: No its not!
    Person A: [links proof that its a tech restriction and not a bug] See its a tech restriction I'm right!
    Person C: Uh.... wat?

Actually, you changed your argument to make yourself correct, they said its a restriction not a bug, which is COMPLETELY different and goes against your original argument, the person your trying to correct was more correct than your original statement was, thus making your response kind of awkward.

Er... I always imagined a technical difficulty is something you're trying to do but somehow doesn't happen? I'd consider that a bug if it was on the programming side? No? Many lines of code, something's not happening as it should - technical difficulty = bug? No?

Well if it's not considered a bug then it's a technical difficulty I guess. Mind explaining the difference?

But saying I changed my argument was kinda funny. And awkward indeed.

edit: Oh, so it's a restriction, not "difficulties". I see what you're getting at. Problem is, it's still something messed up in the code and not "they just can't be assed to make several art copies of the items in different colors". Or no? Am I wrong again?
    overneathe, just let go. I was about to post the same, but when you read this bit: "can't be assed to make several art copies" you realize that someone is not even interested in making up an argument and just wants to channel its hatred towards Blizzard. Haters gonna hate... and can't come up with constructive criticism.
    Yeah, I know. I'm on the verge of just not posting at all at this point. I'll just mod when appropriate and post in off-topic I suppose.
    I need to explain the differences between restrictions and bugs? Then everyone loses :(
    Bug = Something they intended to work, but doesn't work
    Restriction = Something they never intended on functioning that way
    I think this game would be simple to fix and also make more enjoyable.

1.) Able to search for MP levels in Public games. My god Mp 0 pub games are too easy and boring.

2.) Make Valor Stacks perm as long as said players skills stay perm. Valor stacks where made to force/reward players for keeping the same skills in slot. Theres NO point for a constant reset of stacks every game/act.

3.) A Simple Duel button. For people who want to duel anytime they choose.
    It's not a bug that legendaries can't be dyed because they designed and coded that they couldn't be dyed because it would be too much work to do otherwise. It's a design decision. An example of a limitation that might affect why they can't just change it:

Say the way they've coded dyes if they just cut and paste that for legendaries it might make legendaries with particle effects (smoke/fire/etc.) suddenly have those effects dyed that color. You dye your shoulders blue and suddenly the fire coming out of the demon skull's mouth on your shoulder turns blue. In order to have the shoulder be dyed blue with particle effects that aren't dyed might require too many copies of those animations loaded into memory at once, bogging down system performance, so they decided to just not make them dyed at all.

I think this game would be simple to fix and also make more enjoyable.

1.) Able to search for MP levels in Public games. My god Mp 0 pub games are too easy and boring.

2.) Make Valor Stacks perm as long as said players skills stay perm. Valor stacks where made to force/reward players for keeping the same skills in slot. Theres NO point for a constant reset of stacks every game/act.

3.) A Simple Duel button. For people who want to duel anytime they choose.

1. In theory, allowing public MP1+ games would result in the coop public community being spread out too thin. Instead of 10 people on act 3 quest 4, you'd have them spread out across several MP levels and nobody would have a full game. In reality, the people wanting higher MP levels aren't in the public games anyways. I'd be interested to see how it would really work out.

2. NV stacks are not solely for rewarding players for sticking to one build. They are also there to prevent the single boss farm. If I had NV5 stacks all the time, I would log in and instead of doing an Alk run I'd just kill Azmodan in 2 seconds, collect my 20 rares and 3 legendaries off his body, tp, exit game, and do it again. Or how about key runs/uber runs? Log in, find keywarden, done.

3. This would be kulle, but my guess is everyone would pretty much one shot each other without PvP balancing the skills so I don't see much point.

Also every MP level increases your run speed by 2%. :)

This would actually be great. The game just feels a lot more dynamic at high movement speed.

movement tied to paragons would be nice, perhaps 2-3% every 10 levels?

i'd like that. someone ought to suggest it on forums.

overneathe, just let go. I was about to post the same, but when you read this bit: "can't be assed to make several art copies" you realize that someone is not even interested in making up an argument and just wants to channel its hatred towards Blizzard. Haters gonna hate... and can't come up with constructive criticism.

What I said was hardly "hate." If I could find the source, I would - it's a response to an unrelated thread somewhere in the November blue tracker entries (at least I think it was November - haven't been paying much attention in Dec what with exams and final projects due), and seems to have gone AWOL on me. The blue post said something along the lines of "we don't want to make the art department make several skins of legendary items, because it takes time and effort." (The implication being that it's too much effort for a mostly pointless vanity change, when the art department could be making cool entirely new items/monsters/horrific ways for our toons to die.)

In keeping with the thread spirit, If nothing else, I'd like to see the eldritch custom dyes that some legendary/set items have made available as regular dyes. The teal blue of Inna's and the rich purple of Tal Rasha's spring to mind most readily (owing to those being the only two I've really noticed on such items so far). I know for a fact my girlfriend would pay through the nose to get that shade of purple on her character's gear.

Yeah, I know. I'm on the verge of just not posting at all at this point. I'll just mod when appropriate and post in off-topic I suppose.

Is this an attempt to elicit pity? "Oh no! don't not post!"? I would have said the same thing regardless of who posted it, because I looked at the post, not the poster - like any reasonable forum reader should do. I didn't even realize it was a cm rep until you got quoted by someone else. If you're getting flak because of who you are/what you represent (site admin.), then it's time for some banhammering amongst the rabble. Especially considering for what I can recall of your posts they're mostly interesting, informative, or amusing. (And yes, I am aware of the irony considering the opening of this paragraph.)

Is this an attempt to elicit pity? "Oh no! don't not post!"? I would have said the same thing regardless of who posted it, because I looked at the post, not the poster - like any reasonable forum reader should do. I didn't even realize it was a cm rep until you got quoted by someone else. If you're getting flak because of who you are/what you represent (site admin.), then it's time for some banhammering amongst the rabble. Especially considering for what I can recall of your posts they're mostly interesting, informative, or amusing. (And yes, I am aware of the irony considering the opening of this paragraph.)

What, you think this was personal? No, sorry, I'm just sick of being one of the 3-4 people defending anything related to Blizzard. At first I thought "well some of these people aren't right, so I'll just correct them and/or describe my point of view". Sigh, it doesn't work that way and it wont.

Let's just go on with the thread.

Also no, I can't ban people for having different opinions than me.

What, you think this was personal? No, sorry, I'm just sick of being one of the 3-4 people defending anything related to Blizzard. At first I thought "well some of these people aren't right, so I'll just correct them and/or describe my point of view". Sigh, it doesn't work that way and it wont.

Let's just go on with the thread.

Also no, I can't ban people for having different opinions than me.

The problem is the rose colored glasses effect goes both ways. You have people who think Diablo 3 did nothing right and it was a total failure and you have people that think Diablo 3 is 100x better than Diablo 2 in every aspect. One facilitates the reaction of the other and both parties don't realize that they are both wrong. People tend to try and think in absolutes when the truth of the matter is Diablo 3 did some things right, so did Diablo 2, and while Diablo 3 excelled in its ability to improve parts of what was wrong in Diablo 2, it failed to carry over the key technical characteristics of what made Diablo 2 so popular in the first place.

So you can't be the 'white knight' of Blizzard if you want people to act rationally when you view yourself as "the 3-4 people defending anything related to Blizzard" - the truth is Blizzard did flub up an essential part about the Diablo series and people have the right to be disappointed.. Just because you don't think their viewpoint is 'right' doesn't mean they will see it your way when you're done explaining. you shouldn't expect that.

Just sayin.
    I said leave it.
    I came to this thread to see some good responses to what the game needs, but all I see is people bashing others.

A statistics page would be awesome. One that shows everything, sort of like the WoW one.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes