Alternatives to Alkaizer runs?

I've been using a sprint/WW barb for traditional Alkaizer runs (Core, Tower 1, Crater 2, Fields of Slaughter, Keeps 2, repeat). I'm running with more or less full XP gear (+94% including follower), max magic find, max goldfind with pickup 19. The results have been spectacular in terms of farmed XP, gold and loot.

The only problem is I'm bored as hell from doing this over and over for what feels like a million times. I know it's easy to add some additional map to the run (Rakkis Crossing, Skycrown Battlements, Keeps 3 or similar) for a bit more variation. I've tried this and it still feels like the same old run. I've tried doing some full act 3 clears for variation but this is signnificantly less efficient and honestly not much different from the standard run.

Are there any reasonable alternatives to endless Alkaizer runs? I'm lookking for a balanced mix of XP and loot (=lots of elite packs, lots of trash mobs). Act 4 seems like a realy bad idea but who knows. Anybody do efficient farming in act 4? Act 2 seems like it has some merit, starting at the checkpoint in Vault of Assassins with both high mob density and tons of packs. But then what? Sewers and Oasis come to mind. And act 1 seems like a generally poor place for farming, though there is the established easy way to quickly get max nephalem stacks (Festering Woods, if needed also Leorics Manor) but then what?

I know the alternatives to Alkaizer runs will be less efficient, I'm just looking for the second best thing to break the monotony. If anybody has established runs in other acts I would like to hear them.
    Running different way with different build is pointless in D3. You will only waste your time.
    If you want to break the monotony go play different game for a while. I went on PoE which is the real Diablo in my opinion.

Or you can waste even more of your time by creating new char. But - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m89gil5AvH1r0tjajo2_500.gif
    The PoE hype is so... yea guild wars 2 all over again. Ive played quiet many hours PoE, and its far from as good as people tends to hype it to be. The game is extremely slow, there is almost no dynamic at all. It have a gigantic skill tree, but when you look at it. Where is the diversity. Everyone will take the same stuff. Exactly like in diablo. Each class will go the exact same path in skill tree. As there in diablo is a best and and worse way. Everyone obvious pick the best. So whats different? Yes its a new game. People love new games. But reallity is PoE is slow as hell and close to being the opposit of dynamic.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Vault of the assassin runs...
    Quote from Huminator

The PoE hype is so... yea guild wars 2 all over again. Ive played quiet many hours PoE, and its far from as good as people tends to hype it to be. The game is extremely slow, there is almost no dynamic at all. It have a gigantic skill tree, but when you look at it. Where is the diversity. Everyone will take the same stuff. Exactly like in diablo. Each class will go the exact same path in skill tree. As there in diablo is a best and and worse way. Everyone obvious pick the best. So whats different? Yes its a new game. People love new games. But reallity is PoE is slow as hell and close to being the opposit of dynamic.

Dude, dude. You can't hate on the underdog, you gotta hate the Man, man. Seriously.

On topic: I do quite a lot of Vault of Assassin as well. Gotten quite a few legendaries there. Is very fun.
    I don't hate anything. I'm just expressing my oppinion : p
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    ^^The thing you forget to mention about PoE is that its limitations are clearly dictated by their small budget, as they're mostly in the 'graphics/animations' department. Their ideas are solid.
    If you look at Diablo 3, for example, it's easy to see that its problems run much deeper than a 'mere' lack of funds.

What's better: to have the money but no ideas, or to have good ideas but no money?
    To the people doing Vault of Assassins: do you clean out that map and then new game, or go somewhere else after that like sewers/oasis?
    Quote from MadViking

To the people doing Vault of Assassins: do you clean out that map and then new game, or go somewhere else after that like sewers/oasis?

VoA is indeed very good alternative it cannot beat Alkaizer run in terms of xp/hr but its also very efficient so if you are bored with alka you can do it...on other hand going different zones after clearing VoA is waste of items/xp.Areas in act2 have terrible mob density.So best choice is to clear VoA and remake game.In my opinion this can be maybe better for legends farming just my opinion I didnt test it.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes