Diablo with controler ?

Is it possible to set up a controler for playing diablo , if yes , how ?
    I don't believe there is one, I think blizzard didn't want to because of the huge advantage a controller gives with movement in comparison to a mouse.

Though it would be neat if there were a way!
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    You can use Razer Hydra (Just search youtube for videos, I can't post links yet.)
    You can do it quite easily with xpadder or possibly joy2key, but you'd basically controlling the cursor with the analog stick/d-pad, so probably quite annoying.
    Moving directly with the stick shouldn't be possible I think, at least not with an easy solution.
    Quote from Cyberbeni

You can use Razer Hydra (Just search youtube for videos, I can't post links yet.)

I would love to use one , if I had one lol

Quote from Temsen

You can do it quite easily with xpadder or possibly joy2key, but you'd basically controlling the cursor with the analog stick/d-pad, so probably quite annoying.
    Moving directly with the stick shouldn't be possible I think, at least not with an easy solution.
    wouldnt that be considereed as 3rd party program ?
    Quote from Ducha

I think blizzard didn't want to because of the huge advantage a controller gives with movement in comparison to a mouse.

Really? Just last week there was news about D3 being internally tested on consoles.. though they haven't made any official announcements yet so I guess that could be what's holding them back
    Quote from shadowbane

Quote from Ducha

I think blizzard didn't want to because of the huge advantage a controller gives with movement in comparison to a mouse.

Really? Just last week there was news about D3 being internally tested on consoles.. though they haven't made any official announcements yet so I guess that could be what's holding them back
    I'm most likely wrong, things would have changed by now. I read that info like a month after Diablos release. That was when they were talking about the advantage joysticks gave over the movement in arena over what a mouse gave.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    Wasn't there controller support once? No wait, I'm thinking of Tera, my bad. Moving along...
    Quote from kebapmanager

Blue response is "maybe", sort of.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/topic/2793390286#2 is what I found with a quick search.
    Rough translation: "You can use it at your own risk. Basically, it is allowed to use "alternative" methods of control as long as there is no automated process involved.

I can't quarantee that your account won't be suspended."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaNhCjrPtto

found this.. man playin d3 with xbox controller
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from kebapmanager

Blue response is "maybe", sort of.
    http://eu.battle.net...ic/2793390286#2 is what I found with a quick search.
    Rough translation: "You can use it at your own risk. Basically, it is allowed to use "alternative" methods of control as long as there is no automated process involved.

I can't quarantee that your account won't be suspended."

Ye , its shame that they dont anwer this kind of questions properly .... :/
    Quote from martysuchy

found this.. man playin d3 with xbox controller
    Tnx for that :P seems awesoeme , but I dont wana risk banning myself just because I wana sit back and relax while playin :S
    what kind of controler
    You'd think this would be tough to use an a ranged class trying to aim. The deadzone on the analog stick would be frustrating to aim with all the over correcting it would create. Might be fun as a melee class just crashing through everything. Dodging arcane lasers would be interesting.
    Quote from DirtyLarry

You'd think this would be tough to use an a ranged class trying to aim. The deadzone on the analog stick would be frustrating to aim with all the over correcting it would create. Might be fun as a melee class just crashing through everything. Dodging arcane lasers would be interesting.
    I am prety shure that after 1 hours I would get used to it , btw on mp1 not even a reflect would be problem with 200k dps ;)
    The most concrete project to bring WASD/controller movement to Diablo 3 was started in beta and uses Auto Hot Key as a way to facilitate it.

Here it is if you'd like to give it a try. I used WASD movement in beta after my hand started hurting.
    http://code.google.com/p/diablo-iii-wasd/
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes