Why should we NOT start botting? Discuss!

Quote from Jamoose

People who claim that they make money off of RMAH without botting are most likely bullshiting, no matter how hard they insist on the "lol i dont bot" part of their story.

Ever heard of AH flipping?

Also, some people are just insanely lucky, one of the p100s I know is a billionaire just from items he found - he sometimes posted items as they dropped on his 24/7 Alkaizer runs, so I beg to differ. Some are just lucky, blame RNG.
    Quote from JKlimek

I'm getting to the point in the mid 60(40)s where I've gotten all of the upgrades I can for less than 15M and getting to the point with the AH where good items just don't make any money anymore. GREAT items make couple M but to upgrade I need 30-40 minimum. For that I need to find a really really great item, and to my knowledge I think I've only ever found one or two items worth more than like 10M. I work full time, I have kids, I have a wife, and I go to college. It seems redic to me that bliz expects someone like me to grind hundreds of hours so that I can... grind more better for hundreds of hours. If I wanted to do that, why wouldn't I play an MMORPG? I think I'll just go play another game... however the idea of botting, letting a program run in the background that eats up some of the mindless time for me so that I can get back to doing fun things and feel like I'm making more progress makes me more interested in sticking with the game. I dunno who posted it before, but I really agree that botting isn't (for me) motivated from greed so much as a fix for the incessant and overly long grind time between periods of doing something interesting.

Diablo was always a grinding game. Always. If you don't have the time but still want the good stuff, use the RMAH, that's what it's made for.
    With current state of the game, farming same act with same build over and over again, we have become bots :D
    Quote from Belzebuss

With current state of the game, farming same act with same build over and over again, we have become bots :D

QFT lol
    Quote from Boye

In d2 i botted my ass of to be able to compete with the market, seems like its about time in d3 aswell, its a shame, if nobody botted, nobody would need too :/ keep floating or sink.

anyone wanna help with what to search for in google to find a good one?

there is insane botting right now
    accounts reached over 2000 hours play time and not banned
    so as i said totally illogical to play d3 for farming for money etc

play for fun until level 60 and ends there :)
    Browser MMORPG Developer
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Jamoose

People who claim that they make money off of RMAH without botting are most likely bullshiting, no matter how hard they insist on the "lol i dont bot" part of their story.

Ever heard of AH flipping?

Also, some people are just insanely lucky, one of the p100s I know is a billionaire just from items he found - he sometimes posted items as they dropped on his 24/7 Alkaizer runs, so I beg to differ. Some are just lucky, blame RNG.

Yeah that guy is like one out of millions. That's why i said "Most likely" :)

Quote from Jamoose

Your bullshitting with such false statements. Its perfectly posible to make alot of money on rmah without botting. You seem to one of the many who thinks fortunes comes from playing the different acts, whatever its a bot or yourself. Fortunes comes from flipping and sniping items. And those fortunes you then either A: Buy stuff on gold ah to re-sell on rmah. B: Sell the gold on rmah, if you cannot find something worth buying to re-sell. It got absolutely nada to do with botting. Claiming otherwise just makes you clueless and misslead.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    If you're not having fun, don't play it. Botting won't make the game automatically more fun. Yeah, you'll get some sweet loot in a few weeks/days, but then what? Are you going to play your decked out character and have fun? Really? I doubt it. Essentially, the only reason the people who are addicted stay addicted is the loot hunt, if you don't enjoy that, then you just don't.

The only reason I could see for people botting is to sell items on the RMAH, which is kind of scumbag thing to do, but whatever. It's up to you, but don't act like this will make the game better.

Just accept the fact that D3 gets boring every 30 or 40 hours. There's nothing wrong with taking a break from the game and doing something else. It's not a failing of the game and doesn't really give you some right to go ahead and exploit it with bots.

Quote from Belzebuss

Though this is pretty funny. :D

Maybe a good approach to take is, when you start to feel like a bot... take a break!
    Quote from Belzebuss

Yeah because people didn't farm the same spots in Diablo 2 at all......... (also, Hammerdins say HAI!)

At least its not just straight boss runs ad naseum anymore.

You can in fact farm OTHER Acts you know, some of the best drops I have ever had have been outside of Act 3.
    If everyone botted, it would be fine... What are they gonna do? Ban their entire player base? Majority of players are quitting as more and more time gets wasted looking for items.... The problem is they completely changed the dynamic of the game compared to D2... In D2 farming consisted of traveling through the acts clearing the hot spots.... In D3 its "well the only act worth farming is 3, so spam hours into it and grind the same stuff the same scenery with the same skills" factor in the drop rate, and ratio of good legs to (completely) shitty ones, and no reason to craft, it kind of gives you nothing to lose.... The RMah gives it the final shove to create the "i need to bot" thought, because the human race is greedy, and with nothing to lose comes the "fuck it.... I'll bot and make as much real life money as i can before i get banned... And if i do get banned, and make over x amount of cash, ill just buy another account and make that same amount of cash before i'm banned... Then I'll just continue the process indefinitely"
    WD - mostly other chars are toilet... my pride and joy ;D http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SirBoneselot-1182/hero/1672627
    RIP Psychatog#1575, you were a good friend, and made me 3000 USD for minimal effort.... Ban waves are a reason not to bot in D3, at least on your main account, just learned this 2 days ago.

Although I dont care THAT much, my new account already has a 43 Barb while I slept, Should be 60 and doing alkaizer runs within the week.

Further Clarification - I am an avid Diablo universe fan, and I LOVED playing diablo 2, I could play it for 6 months straight and be thoroughly entertained the WHOLE time. Diablo 3 has nothing in comparison, So I bot (no sense in hiding it anymore, as the only account I care about got banned). I WAS botting for 2 reasons: Money and to get my fav character geared and 100 paragon for when something comes out that actually makes this game fun. However, now that my main blizzard account is banned, I am reduced to 1 goal, which is buying as many copies of Diablo 3 as I can and running them through a VPN for maximum value.

Sorry if it hurts the community, but honestly it was just as impossible to get gear in D2 without bots, you know 90% of the stuff you guys get off the AH for so called "good deals" and 90% of your "super smart flipping" is just you buying bot found items (which they are willing to sell cheap just to move inventory)

The only people completely clean of dealing with bots is people that have found all of their own gear / sold items they have found themselves..... I'm guessing thats no one.

Bot items are like shoes from Indian / Chinese workshops, you know a innocent child lost a finger making them, but you still buy those [insert any brand of shoe you've ever bought], because they are like 400$ cheaper... Get over it.
    Quote from Huminator

I'm not unemployed. I don't "need" the money i make on rmah. I welcome the money, and i find it exciting to make em. I mean for christ sake, RMAH transform pixels into cash, your ingame hard word pays off, in a way no other game can do. RMAH is the biggest plus of diablo 3. It opens up doors for an exciting way of trading.

In all of your posts (that I can recall), I don't think I've ever read, even once, about the fun you had actually playing the game (you know, walking around, killing monsters, getting that item that you character was needing...).
    Says a lot, in my opinion.

Quote from TehAdi

You guys say that the game is about gear and "overwhelming the mobs". What if i have 100pl and gear to faceroll everything because the difficulty level of D3 is so noobfriendly that MP10 mobs can't do shit to you if you're Barb/Wizz with at least average gear.

Then level another character. Diablo was never about having just one character and concentrating your entire game-time on him, until this game came along. That's mostly an MMO thing.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Huminator

I

In all of your posts (that I can recall), I don't think I've ever read, even once, about the fun you had actually playing the game (you know, walking around, killing monsters, getting that item that you character was needing...).
    Says a lot, in my opinion.
    Quote from TehAdi

If i didnt have fun doing what i do, i wouldnt do it.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    If you are not running bots to make a significant profit in doing so, I would not see much of a point to it.

If you are........

Well, then carry on I guess.
    Quote from maka

Then level another character. Diablo was never about having just one character and concentrating your entire game-time on him, until this game came along. That's mostly an MMO thing.

Leveling new char = wasting time.
    Why would i change my character and play without 300MF/GF? Instead i changed the game to something that is actually fun to play and looks like real Diablo.
    Quote from JKlimek

I'm getting to the point in the mid 60(40)s where I've gotten all of the upgrades I can for less than 15M and getting to the point with the AH where good items just don't make any money anymore. GREAT items make couple M but to upgrade I need 30-40 minimum. For that I need to find a really really great item, and to my knowledge I think I've only ever found one or two items worth more than like 10M. I work full time, I have kids, I have a wife, and I go to college. It seems redic to me that bliz expects someone like me to grind hundreds of hours so that I can... grind more better for hundreds of hours. If I wanted to do that, why wouldn't I play an MMORPG? I think I'll just go play another game... however the idea of botting, letting a program run in the background that eats up some of the mindless time for me so that I can get back to doing fun things and feel like I'm making more progress makes me more interested in sticking with the game. I dunno who posted it before, but I really agree that botting isn't (for me) motivated from greed so much as a fix for the incessant and overly long grind time between periods of doing something interesting.

Thig guy gets it. You just stated the exact issue I have with this game. I feel like you pulled the words out of my brain! I spend 3-5hrs after work grinding paragon levels and trying to get a decent item to sale, but 25mil barely gets me an upgrade and I have only found 3 items worth 25mil in over 500hrs played on just my barb alone! If I dont get that lucky 100m + drop really soon.... I don't know how much longer I can give blizz to figure it out. The AH is dominated by flippers who spam the search button every 2minutes to find the 1d 12h underpriced items and have 500mil gold to work with. If you don't have 100's of millions of gold already I don't understand how you are supposed to compete or enjoy playing the same game as people who do, when the only upgrades I get are from the AH.
    Figure out how to make it where upgrades actually drop for me! Just because blizzard decided they wanted an AH...doesn't mean I ( a diablo player for almost 15 years) want the AH to be where I find EVERY upgrade!
    B.Net Profile
    Don't feed the trolls....they will bite your hand off.
    Diablo 2 had no AH either. In diablo 2 drop rates were as slim as in d3. Blizzard even made it so, that the good medicore gear costs nothing. The problem is you want more, you want the absolute top rolled stuff. And that kinda stuff is suposed to be extremely rare, hence why your unlikely to find one yourself. Im sure you do more than fine already in your current gear.

At the beginning of diablo 3, we were finding upgrade for us self. And 10 million gold was crazy much. But people whined about the game being to hard, resulting in a bunch of huge nerfs. Resulting in everyone can farm easy and fast. Thus making all the medium gear come on ah in overflow smashing the prices to the rock buttom. And that means everyone can afford a full set of good gear. Gear that in after launch would be considered godlike.

But its not enough, you want more. You want the top rolled gear aswell now.. But you wont get it, that gear is supposed to be super duper rare, which obvious means your unlikely to have it drop for you. That means you got to get it via trading, but if your to lazy or wont put in the effort it takes, to get the gold stuff like that costs. You should NOT have it :).
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    If you feel the urge to bot, the game apperently isnt much fun for you.
    If the game isnt fun for you, why not quit completly ?

Bots use a IP on the blizzard servers, meaning....it compromise the user statistics for blizzard.
    If you dont play, there is no user IP on the blizzard servers.

If the player count hits rock bottom (meaning people simply quit, and dont bot), blizzard might
    figure out by themself that something is fundamentally flawed with the game.

Quote from Huminator

Diablo 2 had no AH either. In diablo 2 drop rates were as slim as in d3.

True, but you had more stuff to go for...Charms, Runes, more Gem Types....even White Weapons had a purpose.
    In D3 all you aim for is the next Legendary...thats it. And most of the revamped Legendarys still suck balls.
    Quote from Huminator

Quote from Jamoose

Your bullshitting with such false statements. Its perfectly posible to make alot of money on rmah without botting. You seem to one of the many who thinks fortunes comes from playing the different acts, whatever its a bot or yourself. Fortunes comes from flipping and sniping items. And those fortunes you then either A: Buy stuff on gold ah to re-sell on rmah. B: Sell the gold on rmah, if you cannot find something worth buying to re-sell. It got absolutely nada to do with botting. Claiming otherwise just makes you clueless and misslead.

Dude, you are botting, cut the crap.

You just dont bot on your main account so you dont have that many hours played. Problem solved.

AH flipping making thousands of euros yeah right... Sorry not buying it.

Why would you accuse me of botting? So because you can't do it, for whatever reasons it could be (Stupidity, lack of knowledge/experience etc) People who can do it, are botting and cheating? I guess that logic makes you feel awesome..

You could not be more wrong thou.

The good flippers/snipers/bidders make hundreds of million gold each and every week.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes