The easiest fix for Reflect Damage (for those who needs it)

really ppl?

we all know RD can hurt badly, but if you manage to slow down the amount of damage dealt you'll never be "instakilled"

the only affix that give us some problem and you want to nerf it too?
    TBH, I haven't had a real problem with RD mobs with either my barb (MP5-6) or monk (MP3-4)(1.4k LoH, 2.6% LL). But I must add that my barb has some good defense (50k health; 800-900 all res buffed; 6k armor; 5.2% LL; Rend with the 9% LL rune and leap with 100% additional armor per enemy hit). But still, if I leap into a RD, molten, fire-chain, "acid pool thingy" or any combination of that and don't hit 3

So I can guess it must be a lot harder for other chars. It's just a coincidence that my char is like that, well not coincidence, but I didn't plan the build especially just to withstand RD elites. And I don't think anyone else should change their entire build for one mere affix either. But you SHOULD find a good defensive/offensive balance.

Just because some can handle RD, doesn't mean it's the players' fault and not Blizz's. RD is definitely a problem and the OP's solution isn't the worst one yet :P Let's just hope Blizz can sort out the problem.

So many barb tears. Finaly found something your not godlike at? Have it ever occured to you, to stop hota spamming 3 RD mobs(3-4mill dmg) at the same time? Make sure your hota only hits 1 target, else use your frenzy. Seriously its not rocket science.

Don't blame your own stupidity at an affix.

Your answer is an unmatured insult.

I do survive, with rend 14%ll :cheers: , but how about DH or WD?
    Reflect dmg is poor designed, and will change in new patch or in few patches, mark my words.

//-beside ww also suffer from rd- but damnn god- You think that 140k dps is big SHOT ?- srsly - shame at u-//

Barbarian were first class(while making game), and is better designed than other classes, same with reflect damage. So the best to fulfill your ego, is telling people that, they don't have right gear, or have low iQ rating, how adorable.

RD is not fun. Double HP isn't fun etc.
    Fun is while you have to step aside, or dodge something. Fun parts begines when pasive ends, when you have to watch what's on the screen like, molten, sentry, chains, etc.
    Intentionaly dealing 4 million dmg on relfect damage mobs = stupidity

nuff said.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€

So many barb tears. Finaly found something your not godlike at? Have it ever occured to you, to stop hota spamming 3 RD mobs(3-4mill dmg) at the same time? Make sure your hota only hits 1 target, else use your frenzy. Seriously its not rocket science.

Don't blame your own stupidity at an affix.

Your answer is an unmatured insult.

I do survive, with rend 14%ll :cheers: , but how about DH or WD?
    Reflect dmg is poor designed, and will change in new patch or in few patches, mark my words.

//-beside ww also suffer from rd- but damnn god- You think that 140k dps is big SHOT ?- srsly - shame at u-//

Barbarian were first class(while making game), and is better designed than other classes, same with reflect damage. So the best to fulfill your ego, is telling people that, they don't have right gear, or have low iQ rating, how adorable.

RD is not fun. Double HP isn't fun etc.
    Fun is while you have to step aside, or dodge something. Fun parts begines when pasive ends, when you have to watch what's on the screen like, molten, sentry, chains, etc.

DH = Smoke Screen (other options as well)
    WD = Spirit Walk (not really any other options, but pet tanking makes it easy to w8 on CD)
    MK = Serenity (and general high mitigation skills)
    WZ = There are some options by combining skills, such as Arcane armor and hard hitting nukes.
    BA = SEVERAL good defensive skills and general mitigation
    Winter is coming...
    the problem to me is that Reflect Damage is just one monster affix and yet it influences gear/skill choices way too much. It's out of balance with every other monster affix. It puts characters into a box where they have to make certain choices otherwise they die just to one simple affix, even if they faceroll the rest of the content. No one single elite affix should have such influence in my opinion.
    i personally dont have problem with reflect even as wizard but i got 1200AR. 6k armor. 4% LS

issue is that i am gearing based on this affix (to by able completely ignore this affix and faceroll through everything)
    my only deaths are when i loose my buffs and kill myself in blink of the eye

but this concept is wrong i dont mind strong affix like this,but gearing up just to be able neglect it is wrong
    I just want a way to see it. The affix does annoy the shit out of me when I'm running Archon farm runs, one shotting myself 2-3 times a run........and I wouldnt mind seeing it nerfed just for pure convenience.

But overall, I dont mind the affix, especially when I am running MP6-8 where I run my "real" gear and a CM build. I dont even notice the affix under those conditions.

I would be fine though if it just had some visual queue so I know not to unleash beams into all mobs and die instantly. Even at 800 LOH and 225k dps, I have little issue kiting a bit and running through orbs for 10-12 seconds for this affix, I just want to see it coming is all.

(and yah, if they nerf it, good. Even better. Maybe add some more affixes that make the game a challenge, requiring skill to avoid or mitigate.....the only ability I feel falls into this category currently is arcane and mortar. Even desecrator is boring)
    RD is an annoying thing that you either have to dodge or gear for. Skip the mob or slowly take it down with some LS/LoH.

The fact that it's not visual is a bug and will be fixed, so would be nice if people could come up with this "novel" idea.

But in the long run RD will just be an affix that hurts some classes/builds and others don't care. As CMWW, molten/desecrator/electrified/arcane is not too pleasant either, or vortex/waller as Archon. But it's just something that keeps you awake. Everybody would be crying how utterly boring the game was if every elite pack would be dead after 5 seconds and the only difference would be the color of its affixes.

I wonder how many people here played D2 and went to CS sometimes, before Iron Maiden got removed. It was exactly the same, my WW barb could roflstomp through everything but was instantly dead there. Fair enough, you knew which mobs would kill you and were prepared - but again, once they implement the visual hint for RD it will be the same in D3.
    Lately, as a wizard, my way to keep from getting killed by a reflect damage mob is to bump down from arcon and just use my signature spell and pick up the health globes as they drop. It has helped me keep from getting wasted and once I am done I just hit the arcon again and move on. As far as what I think of the affix, I wish it were more recognizable and or nerfed a touch. For champ packs, just make the champion reflect and for elites, make it a timed thing.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, nice to meet you all.

As a wizzard I too have problems with RD. When I hit 4-5 targets with my meteor and it crits for 300k-600k each I de instanly.

The 1.5 LS on Magic Weapon didnt help almost at all and I should mention I also have 1400 LOH. Then I got 250 Armor and 6% reduction from ranged and I saw a great improvement. I suspected the 6% reduction helped but couldn't test it more because I got an additional 7% reduction from elites due to Chantodo's set. I went from 3-4 death on most RD packs to none.

While I am sure that the reduction from elites works vs RD I am not sure about reduction vs range. I will lose the Chantodo's set and get another 5-6%reduction from range to test this more extensively.

Cheers

I just want a way to see it. The affix does annoy the shit out of me when I'm running Archon farm runs, one shotting myself 2-3 times a run........and I wouldnt mind seeing it nerfed just for pure convenience.

But overall, I dont mind the affix, especially when I am running MP6-8 where I run my "real" gear and a CM build. I dont even notice the affix under those conditions.

I would be fine though if it just had some visual queue so I know not to unleash beams into all mobs and die instantly. Even at 800 LOH and 225k dps, I have little issue kiting a bit and running through orbs for 10-12 seconds for this affix, I just want to see it coming is all.

(and yah, if they nerf it, good. Even better. Maybe add some more affixes that make the game a challenge, requiring skill to avoid or mitigate.....the only ability I feel falls into this category currently is arcane and mortar. Even desecrator is boring)

Agreed, visual queue would be nice (not just for RD, but for just about every affix). I wanna look at the cool monsters, not read text, if I was in the mood to do that I'd be playing something like Money Island instead! ^^
    Winter is coming...
    I'd prefer a visual cue. If all monsters would stand in line it could be difficult to freeze them with CMWW, especially for horde affix...

SCNR. But as mentioned about a hundred times, the visual cue will come, read the blue post. Thanks.

I'd prefer a visual cue. If all monsters would stand in line it could be difficult to freeze them with CMWW, especially for horde affix...

SCNR. But as mentioned about a hundred times, the visual cue will come, read the blue post. Thanks.

Point was sorta; "why weren't they in there to start with" :P
    Winter is coming...
    i dont think they should fix reflect ever. its the only thing, that keeps the game a bit hard.
    if all, they should remove the first 4 mp-levels of inferno, since i can (and everybody else) jsut faceroll mp0 with tempest rush ;) more hard stuff :D i'll never pick mp10 if there's no benefit ;(
    The only way they could make it viable to lower it's damage is by increasing the threat of other affixes,

Point was sorta; "why weren't they in there to start with" :P

Because nobody tested this game.
    After seeing some of the changes made, the upcoming changes, and the changes not yet made, that's the only conclusion I can reach.

DH = Smoke Screen (other options as well)
    WD = Spirit Walk (not really any other options, but pet tanking makes it easy to w8 on CD)
    MK = Serenity (and general high mitigation skills)
    WZ = There are some options by combining skills, such as Arcane armor and hard hitting nukes.
    BA = SEVERAL good defensive skills and general mitigation

Wait...But I thought there were 23894793244 builds for each class! Are you telling me we have to pick those skills? <_

Yeah god forbid there is a "need to think" affix. Everything should all be mindless easy right? Seriously the game is easy enough as it is already. RD is the only affix left which is just slightly dangerous. And really if you got more than 2 grams of brain, and use the tools your class have, you will dance throu RD aswell.

Its actualy players like you that put games into the ground.

I wanted to reply to this topic for some time but only got to actually do it now after seeing this idiotic comment from our local retard.

Dear Huminator, could you please elaborate on your statement that damage reflect is the only affix that requires thinking from a player? I would be greatly interested to read your thoughts on how thinking can help you deal with damage reflect affix.

As hard as I try, there is no thinking required to overcome DR. It is very binary, you either can mitigate the damage or you cant. There are no other ways around it.
    Repeating your mantra of "more armor, more resists, more hit points" will not cut it because if anything else in this game is manageable with a gear at players disposal at any given point, it is only RD that is way above and outside of any reasonable requirements.

Player will encounter RD affix on monsters from time to time. If every other affix is manageable--or easy if you wish--than RD mechanic is broken. The game is not revolving around RD as the paragon of difficulty nor as a mean to adjust the difficulty. It is very clear RD stands out way more than it should and while Blizzard took action to mend other annoying or too difficult affixis--ie. shielding, RD stood intact and in fact buffed by fixing unintentional error that allowed characters to dodge its damage.

In the end, Blizzard themselves admitted that RD is not where it should be and they will work on the adjustment to bring it in line with other affixes. Im sure the argument that will follow is that Blizzard just bent over to the crybabies that want everything on silver plate. However, that is just a last straw to grasp to in your failing argument.
    Someone had an idea to make reflect damage an on and off thing like fire chains. I like that idea. Still accomplishes the goal of watching your dps, but without forcing you to stack lifesteal/LoH.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes