Are MP0 speed runs terrible for loot?

Quote from Huminator

When doing act 3, må 0 is just as good as mp1. People seem to forget that ac3 mobs is already lvl 63, so mp1 is not needed. In most cases mp0 is better than mp1 because your are more efficient on mp0. And NO, just NO, the 20 or 50 mf you get by doing mp1 instead of 0, is far from enough given the difference in efficiency.

Can you really tell the difference between mp0 and mp1 on act 3 in terms of difficulty? I can't; mobs die in 1 hit regardless, in fact they do up to mp3, I can literally sprint through the entire act without doubling back to kill mobs except for elites and to pick up loot when I'm speed farming.

I have seen many people say MP0 is by far the most efficient difficulty to farm and I just don't see it that black and white. MP1 has 10% more loot than MP0. Not just better quality from MF, but 10% more items dropping, in addition to the bonuses to MF/GF/XP.

You have to farm what feels best for you, MP0 feels like a waste of time to me since I can handle higher difficulty with no change of pace.
    Quote from Huminator

Quote from CherubDown

Also, MP0 is much worse on loot, so I go minimum MP1.

Don't spread false information please.

MP0 and MP1 in act 1 is night and day difference in loot quality. Its situational, some people get very bored of doing the same alkaizer route hours on end.
    Quote from CherubDown

I'm listening to Moldran on this one, as it's turned out the best for me to run MP1-4, depending on my dps

Thanks for the video link.

I've spent most of my time farming MP4 for keys and loot, but it was taking a while and I wasn't gaining Paragon very quickly. Dropped to MP2 yesterday while farming and noticed a big difference, but still not hitting the 60m+/hour other people were. Then in the evening saw someone recommending MP0 and gave that a try instead, but while it was a little better exp/hr than MP2, the loot sucked big time. I've just done a few runs on MP1 and it's definitely the sweet spot for me. Decent exp/hr, the loot is better and I don't notice much difference between that and MP0 for kill speed (105k unbuffed dps).

Now I just need to be faster at picking up drops and dealing with them as it's cutting my exp/hr down. Easily managing 30m/hr, but when I ignore drops easily get over 40m/hr. Problem is that I get drawn by the shiny things as I'm still pretty poor and I know it only takes one decent rare to change that :P
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Its easy to individualy find out which monster power, that are best for you in terms loot. Do 5 runs on mp1, calculate your average xp gain per hour. And do the same on mp0. The monster power that yields you most experience per hour, will also be the mp giving you the most loot. People seem to forget that xp and loot efficiency goes hand in hand.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator

Its easy to individualy find out which monster power, that are best for you in terms loot. Do 5 runs on mp1, calculate your average xp gain per hour. And do the same on mp0. The monster power that yields you most experience per hour, will also be the mp giving you the most loot. People seem to forget that xp and loot efficiency goes hand in hand.

That's what I thought originally when I tried MP0 last night, quicker run = more loot. Then watching that video this morning I remembered that MP1 instantly scales all mobs to lvl63, and all items will roll with better stats. So I'd rather lose a little exp/hr and gain the chance for better item drops.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from Laevus

Quote from Huminator

That's what I thought originally when I tried MP0 last night, quicker run = more loot. Then watching that video this morning I remembered that MP1 instantly scales all mobs to lvl63, and all items will roll with better stats. So I'd rather lose a little exp/hr and gain the chance for better item drops.

On a act 3 MONSTERS ARE ALREADY LEVEL 63. So you dont need mp1.. Mp1 for lvl 63 mobs is only true in act 1 and 2.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    (This post destroyed itself after 5 minutes or so)
    IMO, low MP farming when you have good/great gear is terrible for the game. i.e. this practice will lead to burn-out.

Expect incentives to come soon to break players of this robotic, easy mode farming practice.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from xaimx

Quote from Huminator

Quote from CherubDown

MP0 and MP1 in act 1 is night and day difference in loot quality. Its situational, some people get very bored of doing the same alkaizer route hours on end.

Night and day? 1% chance for bonus item, 25% more MF. You call that night and day? What's MP5+ then for you? Seriously... think, then post.

Also, if you don't feel a difference between MP1 and MP3 (because you're so great and whatever), you won't feel a difference between MP0 and MP1, either. But there are people who are not as awesome as you (i.e., have less DPS than you), so please don't assume you can tell them how they have to perceive the game.

I personally go never below MP1 as well, but there are lots of people for whom MP0 is more efficient in act 3, so please stop spreading wrong information. This does not help those who are seeking for advice. Thanks.

Read again. He wrote in ACT 1 the difference is huge. Don't accuse someone of spreading false information if you can't read correctly.
    Quote from Temsen

Read again. He wrote in ACT 1 the difference is huge. Don't accuse someone of spreading false information if you can't read correctly.

Holy crap. Thanks a bunch - shouldn't read DFans and watch TV at the same time. Sorry xaimx.
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from xaimx

Quote from Huminator

Quote from CherubDown

Night and day? 1% chance for bonus item, 25% more MF. You call that night and day? What's MP5+ then for you? Seriously... think, then post.

Also, if you don't feel a difference between MP1 and MP3 (because you're so great and whatever), you won't feel a difference between MP0 and MP1, either. But there are people who are not as awesome as you (i.e., have less DPS than you), so please don't assume you can tell them how they have to perceive the game.

I personally go never below MP1 as well, but there are lots of people for whom MP0 is more efficient in act 3, so please stop spreading wrong information. This does not help those who are seeking for advice. Thanks.

Say what? I answared the person who wrote "Also, MP0 is much worse on loot, so I go minimum MP1." Which is a complete lie. And it is spreading false information. I never replied to anyone saying act 1 the difference is huge. He wrote mp0 gives much worse loot than mp1, which is a lie considering close to everyone farm act 3.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    People are excellent derailing the topic.

The conclution is:
    If you do act 1 or 2. Yes you should play mp1 to enable mobs to become level 63.
    When you play act 3 or 4. You can then choose mp0 as the mobs already are level 63.

What gives you the most loot then? The monster power that yields the highest xp per hour, will also be the Monster power providing most loot. XP and loot is tied together. So each individual has to calculate their own efficiency. Most are better off doing mp0, but there is exceptions like archon wizards. But really everyone whos in doubt which monster power is best for them, has to calculate their xp per hour on the different monster powers. Then they can see which is highest. And thats the one you should farm loot on aswell.

I assume everyone knows how to calculate efficiency.

Happy hunting.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Higher mp also rewards higher gf/mf, the question should be are you after rares with p15 and no additional mf on gear or after legendary with mf maxed out and you don't bother with paragon (either already finished or already that high that going after xp exclusively is not your choice any longer?). Running mp6 over mp0 gives you mobs 9 times tougher but also 150% additional mf plus a decent chance for the bonus loot roll (47%). So if you have enough dps to farm mp6 without hitting every white mob several time and can kill all elite packs in an acceptable time frame - why stepping down? Low mp = low awareness required and also little to no challenge for geared people, this can be ok if you like to do two things at once (like watching a tv show while playing) but it greatly decreases my fun if i've not to watch out for frozen, molten etc because mobs can't kill my anyway. In the end it's the question if you're just in for the itemhunt, willing to play mindlessly for ages and get all your fun from selling your loot or still look for some actual fun playing the game.
    And as said a gazillion times. The gf/mf are not big enough to copensate for the slower run speed. We are not talking about what most fun or borring. We are talking about whats best.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Fun is a whole different question and can't really be argued. I do agree with you though that for me higher MPs can be more challenging and thus more engaging and thus more fun. However, Blizz didn't do a very good job on their first swing of scaling mob HP, XP gain, and MF gain per MP level to make the reward system encourage us to play the game in an engaging way. Instead they scaled HP at a much more exponential rate and the other two in a far more linear rate thus creating a reward system that encourages the populace to play in a non-engaging, mindless way. I'd like to hope they fix it at some point but only time will tell. Until then, I've been farming MP0-1 were it has definitely been more productive and efficient.

All of that said, both the whole low MP topic versus high MP topic has been done backward and forward and usually turns a thread non-productive very quickly. I'm going to exit stage left before all this starts:

:flame: :angry: :flame: :angry:
    They are great,i do them when i get sick of mp 7-10,and i find them good for farming :)
    Quote from Huminator

Well, apparenty the "can't read correctly" applies to you as well. I wasn't even talking to you, should have been pretty obvious. Also, the one I was talking to actually replied one hour before you, should be even more obvious then.
    I was the only one who typed spreading false information, which was your argument. So how could it not have been headed towards me. But lets leave at this. Since its obvious a missunderstanding.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator

Quote from Laevus

Quote from Huminator

On a act 3 MONSTERS ARE ALREADY LEVEL 63. So you dont need mp1.. Mp1 for lvl 63 mobs is only true in act 1 and 2.

I don't recall saying that I only play Inferno in Act III. Some people may prefer to blindly farm the same route as everyone else, but I prefer to mix it up with other Acts from time to time. I'd rather have fun grinding 100 levels rather than feel like it's a chore and see the same old scenery, even if it takes a little longer.
    Thats also fine. But thats not what being discussed here : p
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes