Are MP0 speed runs terrible for loot?

Only replying to your earlier comment that quoted me. Think I'll stay out of the rest of the discussion going on here :)
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from orangedrop

oh one more thing selling unidentified legendaries is very good too

Un-ided stuff is kind`o impossible too sell,atleast on the Eu server.
    The wide known macro that id,s stuff without "popping" em,sets an effective stop to this option.

Im not sure if Blizz have figured this out,or if its still around ,
    but personally I always stay away from buying the ones ppl try to sell,
    the chance too get scammed are too high imo
    That got fixed ages ago.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Ally25

Quote from Keiser

Edit:
    By the way, I've found almost all of my legendaries from white trash mobs. Keeps 2 > all elite packs.

Playing a TR monk I usually just run through trash 1 shotting it all. So yea I wonder how many lvl 63s or rings,ammys or even legendaries I have missed because Blizzard refuses to add a real Legendary drop alert and bans anyone for using a good addon that does nothing but lets you know a Legendary dropped. I prefer to listen to music while I play games not have the game sound maxed out with no other noises in my house so maybe I can hear a legendary drop

There is an alert, beam, sound and minimap ping is not enough?, and the fact that you just rush through the game without actually looking around is your own fault and not Blizzard's.
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from Bagstone

I personally go never below MP1 as well, but there are lots of people for whom MP0 is more efficient in act 3, so please stop spreading wrong information. This does not help those who are seeking for advice. Thanks.

Read again. He wrote in ACT 1 the difference is huge. Don't accuse someone of spreading false information if you can't read correctly.

Quote from Huminator

I was the only one who typed spreading false information, which was your argument. So how could it not have been headed towards me. But lets leave at this. Since its obvious a missunderstanding.

It's like 1cm above my post. :P

But yea, I agree.
    MP1 on Act1/2 is a must, on Act 3/4 optional and/or depends on your gear level.
    Quote from Huminator

When doing act 3, mp 0 is just as good as mp1. People seem to forget that ac3 mobs is already lvl 63, so mp1 is not needed.

This is a common misconception, but there are actually many lvl62 mobs in Act 3. Don't remember which ones exactly, mainly the earlier areas I think.
    Quote from Zeyk23

Quote from Huminator

When doing act 3, mp 0 is just as good as mp1. People seem to forget that ac3 mobs is already lvl 63, so mp1 is not needed.

This is a common misconception, but there are actually many lvl62 mobs in Act 3. Don't remember which ones exactly, probably mainly the earlier areas.

The misconception is thinking there is lvl 62 mobs. Mob level is act based. Nothing else.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Zeyk23

This is a common misconception, but there are actually many lvl62 mobs in Act 3. Don't remember which ones exactly, mainly the earlier areas I think.

There's no level 62 mobs in act 3 Inferno. The only non-level 63 enemy in act 3 Inferno is a treasure goblin spawned by a Puzzle Ring (level 61). Everything else is 63.
    Quote from Ally25

Are these bad for loot or something? Its the only thing I can do right now as I was on a budget to begin with. In around 20 minutes as a TR monk I can do:

Core
    Tower 1
    Crater 2
    Rakkis Backwards
    Field of Slaughter + Cave...people skip cave for some reason but its always 2-3 elites, usually a goblin, and a resplendant and they are small as hell.
    Keep 3... fast and 2-3 elites
    Keep 2 till I hit a dead end unless I have fleeting then i circle back and clear the map
    Skycrown backwards... up to 5 elites plus goblins

So Im usually getting 2-3 resplendants and 3-4 goblins per run and a ton of elites and Im paragon 25 and havent gotten a SINGLE legendary thats been to auction. Hell havent even sold a rare for a million yet. Its gonna take me till Diablo 4 is released to get 400-500 mil in gear so I can start doing MP 4-5. I just dont know what Im doing wrong to get no loot.

How are people beating RNG and walking around with a billion in gold worth of gear. I started at releases but quit for a while so probably played for a total of 4 months since the game went live. In those 4 months I have probably made 100 million gold, 25 million of that is looted gold according to my stats, so at that rate it will take me 3 years to have a billion gold. Yet people did it in 3 months. I just dont understand. I am online every day for 7-8 hours. Is that not enough? Should I be farming 12-15 hours a day? Im putting in the effort so Im not like a bunch of whiney WoW crybabies that want free raid quality loot for no effort. But Im not seeing the rewards for it. Its like D3 is the total opposite of WoW. You work your ass off for nothing and in WoW loot is thrown at you and you never have to leave town. And they wonder why everyone quit.

I found that the legendries didn't start dropping at a consistent rate until I got to about 250+ MF. I see about 1 legendary per hour not that i'm at MF cap doing speed runs on MP0. High dps/high MF gear seems to work best for me.
    Quote from Zeyk23

No, just no.
    I wonder who started that rumor.
    MP0 is generally the best for most people. Even with better gear its usually still the most efficient. I have 210 paragon levels and mp0 has not failed me yet.
    Quote from Bradicald3

I have 210 paragon levels and mp0 has not failed me yet.

I think you broke the game.
    Quote from NeutroNova

Quote from Bradicald3

Well, 5 chars with Paragon 42 each is still less exp than one with 81. :D
    Quote from NeutroNova

Quote from Bradicald3

Lol.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Zeyk23

There's no level 62 mobs in act 3 Inferno. The only non-level 63 enemy in act 3 Inferno is a treasure goblin spawned by a Puzzle Ring (level 61). Everything else is 63.

http://d3db.com/npc/i/fallen-prophet

Unless this data is wrong, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence to the contrary.
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from NeutroNova

Quote from Bradicald3

Well, 5 chars with Paragon 42 each is still less exp than one with 81. :D

Well I have a 100 barb, and 55 WD but valid point the xp does ramp up quite alot.
    Quote from Zeyk23

http://d3db.com/npc/i/fallen-prophet

Unless this data is wrong, but I haven't seen any concrete evidence to the contrary.

Interesting. How is this database populated? Looks like either an error in data mining or a glitch in patch 1.04 (look at the version, this information seems to be outdated to say the least). Well, anyways; can't find it right now but I believe there was even a bluepost saying that all act 3 enemies are level 63 in Inferno.
    before paragon was released a nice awesome geared random person i was grouped with in a public game convinced me to lower my dps and max (300MF) my character and the drops will rain down. I made that choice and have never regretted it. I run with 295-300 unbuffed mf at all times and have found tons of nice rares and plenty of awesome rares. The legendary drops increased (particularly the level 62/63 ones) also and I have been fortunate to get enough of those that a couple sold for 200mil each and a number in the 10-85 mil range. I run mp4-6 now with max unbuffed mf at all times. Not most efficient for levelilng but for me its about the treasure hunt not the leveling game. Of course getting to paragon 44 has allowed me to decreased mf on my gear and increase dps. so running 200k+ dps as wiz with max unbuffed mf.

still having fun - if its not fun change

having the good gear gets me into friends group to run ubers at mp8 so organs have better chance but my stinking random rolls on hellfire rings stink so far. so my randoming is good on drops but poor on ring rolls

bottom line MAX unbuffed mf even lowering dps as you will get better drop rates - on level 63 legendaries/sets dropping. then sell what you dont use and move up the dps ladder with max mf.

enjoy
    Set a goal of just ONE legendary today and I wasnt going to eat until I got it. Been playing since my dog woke me up at 7am this morning to go outside. Still havent eaten. I will beat RNG eventually.
    ok . . . but has your dog eaten? cause it's not his fault :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes