Is D3 dying?

Quote from overneathe

The game is played by 3 254 799 players in EU alone! And no alts included! Sacrilege!

the 3 200 000 of them are bots ^_^
    Quote from TehAdi

Quote from overneathe

The game is played by 3 254 799 players in EU alone! And no alts included! Sacrilege!

the 3 200 000 of them are bots ^_^

And they sell to each other! The economy is thriving.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from zeroRooter

Yes it is "dying"
    because (at least, what i find unattractive about it is):

1) No FUCKING PvP, and it's nowhere near being released (and we are what... 9 months into the game? Are you serious? Are we still in beta? WTF IS GOING ON HERE.)

anyway

2) Itemization as previously stated

3) Too much repitition; i HATE repitition; and before some faggot fan boy gets on my case and says (sarcastic voice) " and Diablo 2 didn't have repitition, right?" WRONG, Diablo 2 did have repitition, but when you were doing constant farming runs you didn't have to waste your time pressing escape to skip story line dialog... In addition, i would argue the farming in diablo 2 was less brain-dead boring, but that's subjective... some people enjoy doing the same run on mp 0 over and over again all day (every day - as kripp puts it :D) with everything dying in 1 hit; i'll never understand why.

Quoted for truth.
    Quote from overneathe

Nope, the botters sell the items their bots pick up.
    I think the half of the accounts online right now is botting :) If you know anything about botting community you would know how it works.
    But i posted it in different topic so nvm, keep on topic here.
    Diablo 3,

Funny, the haters have been saying the game is "dying" since a month after launch, and every month, they keep saying it over and over.

They cant stop playing, they cant stop talking about the game, not even for a day.

Yet its totally dying, really, it is.

800+ hours in, multiple hate posts a day.

Sounds like WoW.

That game is dying too right?

roflol, this is why no one can take internet forums seriously.
    Quote from AudioCG

Funny, the haters have been saying the game is "dying" since a month after launch, and every month, they keep saying it over and over..

Its just getting repopulated every patch. But face the truth. If this was the final state of the game and they would cut the new content support it would slowly die anyway. I'm really hoping for something new and big in the expansion + good, balanced pvp.
    Right now i see many new players on servers. I think many ppl just bought D3 for christmas so it will be a little aid to the middle class items economy (which was fucked for some time already).
    Actually this game isn't dying, for me it's getting less players for now, but wait for PvP and see. I think Blizzard is preparing for us something special and everyone will be back at least to try it because it's going to be awesome. :-)

I hope so...
    Quote from AudioCG

Diablo 3,

Funny, the haters have been saying the game is "dying" since a month after launch, and every month, they keep saying it over and over.

They cant stop playing, they cant stop talking about the game, not even for a day.

Yet its totally dying, really, it is.

800+ hours in, multiple hate posts a day.

Sounds like WoW.

That game is dying too right?

roflol, this is why no one can take internet forums seriously.

Yeah so true. D3 is still one of the most played PC games so you can hardly call that as a dying game. It feels so much like people are just trolling. x)
    Quote from TehAdi

Quote from overneathe

Nope, the botters sell the items their bots pick up.
    I think the half of the accounts online right now is botting :) If you know anything about botting community you would know how it works.
    But i posted it in different topic so nvm, keep on topic here.

I know very well how botting works. It's part of my job to know things that involve Diablo. And the bots don't take even 5% of the Diablo population. :)

Quote from TehAdi

Its just getting repopulated every patch. But face the truth. If this was the final state of the game and they would cut the new content support it would slowly die anyway. I'm really hoping for something new and big in the expansion + good, balanced pvp.
    Right now i see many new players on servers. I think many ppl just bought D3 for christmas so it will be a little aid to the middle class items economy (which was fucked for some time already).

So what you're saying is Diablo 3 is a game? If a game doesn't get patches it dies out? Welcome to gaming circa 1980.

Ha. Bagstone.

What I find amusing, is that people cried for an open beta, and when they finally got it, they complained about that too. The game isn't dying. In point of fact, it's just the opposite. Diablo 3, over time, has been transforming into what a good number of us were hoping for, even exceeding some expectations. Once the PvP patch is applied, there will be an activity spike nearly comparable to that of the game's launch night.

Even after capping all five classes at 60, on normal and hardcore, there is still a LOT of end game. Paragon Level 100, MP 1-10, Pony Level, Ubers, and soon, PvP (which despite Blizzard stating they have no plans on it becoming an e-sport, it will). Not to mention we still have two expansions on the way.
    "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Quote from Bagstone

Well, I have to say, me and all of my friends don't care about PvP, we've been playing for 15 years and never touched PvP, and out of the dozends of people I know who play Diablo no one ever cared about Diablo PvP either. So this notion that PvP is the most important feature blablablabal is also a very self-centered view of some people. Couldn't care less. Game's still fun.

I agree, and I think blizzard knows it very well. I really hope pvp is not their priority and they are working on the something else (revamping all itemisation would be fine by me)

Quote from AudioCG

HAHAHAHA, lol no.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    There are so many WTF posts in this thread I dont even... The game is nowhere near as good as D2, and I cant argue with anyone that ways otherwise because I feel like this.

upload
    I will say this;

There are going to be throngs of very pissed off people here in 6-8 months time when D3 finally turns that corner. Thousands of impatient game-hoppers that sold out all their gears and haven't been para-leveling their chars will be SOOOO far behind.

Blizzard will make a motherfucking killing via the RMAH when these quitters come flooding back, not wanting to have to play catch-up, they'll be emptying their bank accounts fast as shit.
    Quote from Psychatog

There are so many WTF posts in this thread I dont even... The game is nowhere near as good as D2, and I cant argue with anyone that ways otherwise because I feel like this.

upload

So you are saying you are a hardcore D2 fanboy? :P
    Quote from sarge26

I see what you did there, now all you need to do is make pigeon sounds and take a dump on your floor XD

I am lvl 100 and I HOPE the game turns around, because that will make my time invested much better, but I just dont see it unless they make some MAJOR changes and admit they were wrong.
    Quote from Psychatog

Can you not see that it could be? With a years time, the proper implementation of change and player feedback, D3 could easily trump D2 into dust.

The combat and replayability is so far beyond anything that D2 offered I feel silly even having to point it out. They've laid a great foundation and need only build atop it with Blizzards trademark brilliance.
    Quote from sarge26

Quote from Psychatog

upload

oh....the irony
    Quote from overneathe

I know very well how botting works. It's part of my job to know things that involve Diablo. And the bots don't take even 5% of the Diablo population. :)

Right... 5% :D And 5% is able to influence the economy so much. You don't know nothing. Sorry.

Quote from overneathe

So what you're saying is Diablo 3 is a game? If a game doesn't get patches it dies out? Welcome to gaming circa 1980.

You don't get my point. I'm not talking about "patches". I'm talking about new content they add (mp levels, paragons, ubers, new legendary stats etc). They added these because they had to. Too much rage on forums i guess.
    Quote from Psychatog

Quote from CherubDown

Quote from Psychatog

Quote from Chazzamuffin

Flashback: it's May 2012 and geeks are coming in their pants over a new release. The D3 RMAH has attracted much interest and investment, the storyline is new albeit terrible and gamers around the world want to power through the content, get the best gear and claim a victory over the domions of hell.

Flashforward: it's December 2012 and the dwindling Nephalem numbers are all farming A3, have given up trying to get a quinfecta hellfire ring and are trying to sell their warez on the RMAH to no avail. There is nothing new about the game, even 'new' builds are sub-par, the mindless purging of inferno has become monotonous to say the least and the PvP pipeline has become something that the development team use to lure children into their oversized automobiles.

What in the way of new content would lure gamers back to D3?

Could D3 ever live up to its predecessors?

Why on earth would anyone give a sh*t about paragon 100?

People say the community is still thriving, but it really isnt. Its mostly stagnated and dead, just at a much larger degree than most games. A game can stagnate and die with 100k concurrent users, its just weird and rare. Nothing apart from admitting they were retarded and completely changing the game via an expensive (to cover the costs of completely rebuilding the game) expansion to make it Diablo 2.5 will save this game.

Edit: Further Clarification- The game is fine as is, it is easily a 7/10, and is well worth the 40 USD or however much it costs now. But Diablo 2 was worth its weight in gold, and easily could have sold copies for 200 USD and still be worth every penny. PvP will NOT add more end game content than Diablo 2 had, that statement is the most ignorant Ive seen in a while IMHO. Crafting ALONE in D2 was more end game content than this game has all together. Runes / other socketing ALONE is more content than D3 has altogether.

Damn, that was pretty spot on.

:)
    Also this for further reading
    Quote from sarge26

Quote from Psychatog

upload

Brilliant. /thread
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes