Is D3 dying?

Yes it is "dying"
    because (at least, what i find unattractive about it is):

1) No FUCKING PvP, and it's nowhere near being released (and we are what... 9 months into the game? Are you serious? Are we still in beta? WTF IS GOING ON HERE.)

anyway

2) Itemization as previously stated

3) Too much repitition; i HATE repitition; and before some faggot fan boy gets on my case and says (sarcastic voice) " and Diablo 2 didn't have repitition, right?" WRONG, Diablo 2 did have repitition, but when you were doing constant farming runs you didn't have to waste your time pressing escape to skip story line dialog... In addition, i would argue the farming in diablo 2 was less brain-dead boring, but that's subjective... some people enjoy doing the same run on mp 0 over and over again all day (every day - as kripp puts it :D) with everything dying in 1 hit; i'll never understand why.
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    Quote from zeroRooter

Yes it is "dying"

1) No FUCKING PvP, and it's nowhere near being released (and we are what... 9 months into the game? Are you serious? Are we still in beta? WTF IS GOING ON HERE.)

anyway

3) Too much repitition; i HATE repitition; and before some faggot fan boy gets on my case and says (sarcastic voice) " and Diablo 2 didn't have repitition, right?" WRONG, Diablo 2 did have repitition, but when you were doing constant farming runs you didn't have to waste your time pressing escape to skip story line dialog... In addition, i would argue the farming in diablo 2 was less brain-dead boring, but that's subjective... some people enjoy doing the same run on mp 0 over and over again all day (every day - as kripp puts it :D) with everything dying in 1 hit; i'll never understand why.

Farming Diablo 2 actually resulted in useful items every few hours...
    Quote from Ishxan

Quote from zeroRooter

Yes it is "dying"

anyway

Farming Diablo 2 actually resulted in useful items every few hours...

But did it result in BiS items every couple of hours?

No.

No it didn't.

(and thats what the people who are complaining about drops every day are looking for, literally, tri and quad perfection rolls)

Most of Diablo 2's player base NEVER saw a single BiS item in over a decade.
    No, it is not. Simple answer to simple question whether Diablo 3 is dying.

Diablo 3 in its 6 months of life is already better than Diablo 2 after years of updates and an expansion. If you are looking back at Diablo 2 with a nostalgic memory how great it was to farm the same boss or 2; 20 times per hour, to the point you had the path on the overlay map burned into your brain; you need to put your rose-tinted glasses off.

Please go away. Or back to your D2 forums.
    Quote from CherubDown

Quote from Psychatog

Quote from Chazzamuffin

Flashback: it's May 2012 and geeks are coming in their pants over a new release. The D3 RMAH has attracted much interest and investment, the storyline is new albeit terrible and gamers around the world want to power through the content, get the best gear and claim a victory over the domions of hell.

Flashforward: it's December 2012 and the dwindling Nephalem numbers are all farming A3, have given up trying to get a quinfecta hellfire ring and are trying to sell their warez on the RMAH to no avail. There is nothing new about the game, even 'new' builds are sub-par, the mindless purging of inferno has become monotonous to say the least and the PvP pipeline has become something that the development team use to lure children into their oversized automobiles.

What in the way of new content would lure gamers back to D3?

Could D3 ever live up to its predecessors?

Why on earth would anyone give a sh*t about paragon 100?

People say the community is still thriving, but it really isnt. Its mostly stagnated and dead, just at a much larger degree than most games. A game can stagnate and die with 100k concurrent users, its just weird and rare. Nothing apart from admitting they were retarded and completely changing the game via an expensive (to cover the costs of completely rebuilding the game) expansion to make it Diablo 2.5 will save this game.

Edit: Further Clarification- The game is fine as is, it is easily a 7/10, and is well worth the 40 USD or however much it costs now. But Diablo 2 was worth its weight in gold, and easily could have sold copies for 200 USD and still be worth every penny. PvP will NOT add more end game content than Diablo 2 had, that statement is the most ignorant Ive seen in a while IMHO. Crafting ALONE in D2 was more end game content than this game has all together. Runes / other socketing ALONE is more content than D3 has altogether.

Damn, that was pretty spot on.

:)
    Also this for further reading

*snip*
    Also this for further reading

That is amazing! D: I came into this thread expecting to see another terrible discussion on d3 death. I have to agree that loot in d3 is terrible. All they need to spice the game up is to add socketable runes that drop at the same rate as legendaries and maybe add 2 new gem types (and change primary stat gems). If anything, the game lacks choice and it lacks something to farm for aside from the same old legendaries.

If runes aren't brought back, then at least they should add a class mod type item that rolls something like this:
    Blue: +X duration / cc / intensity / resource reduction on Y skill.
    Rare: +X duration / cc / intensity / resource reduction on Y skill + on Z skill.
    Legendary: +X duration / cc / intensity / resource reduction on Y skill and Z skill + fun perks such as a shapeshifting proc or permanent character effect that simply add a non-damage customisation option.

You'd spend a long time farming for exactly the right mod for your build and your customisation and it would provide some fun on the way with trying out other specs with mods you find. Encouraging the use of different builds would make me play a lot more.
    The little Hunter/Collector in my Brains aint happy with the current State of the Game.
    Not saying its a "Bad" Game....but it still need lots of work.

I kinda stopped playing completly and went back to SW:ToR....
    Also finished Boderlands2 earlier... got lots of other Games laying here as well.
    Dishonored, Max Payne3, Darksiders2 and lots more...

god bless Black Fridays^^
    Oh no, not this BS again...
    -Ash
    wrong. it is dead.

out of 20 friends that got the game. 0 is still playing it. 2 is planning on coming back to check pvp

this is blizzards biggest fail game, ever. and we all bought it because of hype. it was fun the first time you leveld your first char. idd. but then it just got gradually worse.

if i ware to start Diablo 2 now, i would have helluva lot more fun
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    I have no idea is it dying. Maybe, maybe not. All of my friends has quit playing it, because they got totally bored. Im starting to feel the same way.. i have about 1000 hours played all together.. 600hours with my barb and i feel the game doesnt really have anything to offer me anymore.

Altough i must say i have enjoyed playing this game sooo much. I had very many hours good quality coop playing with my friends and many laughs! But still.. now my friends are all gone. Public games are stupid because you cant choose monster power. Maybe if i hook up with some new friends and start farming high monster power it could be nice... dunno.

PvP could be one thing i could enjoy.. but there is no PvP. Often i search new games to play instead of D3 but havent find any interesting game so far.. Somehow i dont want to quit playing the game because i think its a good game and bashing monsters is just freeking fun and im interested to see where is it going.. will there be anything new fun things to do!! ....PvP Blizz.. PvP!!! ;D
    PvP could save the game if they release it.....now! I have atleast 5 friends who are waiting for the PvP.. and few friends who waited D3 only because they wanted to PvP. How many times i said PvP? I say it one more time... PvP!! ;D Sorry im a bit tired... good night peeps! ;D

Peace!

-Babu
    Perhaps it's time for Blizzard to release a "Diablo 2 HD"? Free cash for grab... :P
    I play Diablo 3 for these reasons and in this order.

#1. Kill stuff Diablo-style. Love it.
    #2. Get better gear for all my 5 classes without AH.
    #3. Make money in the progress, soon gotten Diablo 3 Collectors Edition free, which was my goal in the first place.

By doing #1 and #2, I will be paragon 100 one day, I am 50 right now with my main character. If I want to kill, which I did in D2 (only act 1 normal) for so many years, I do not mind do it in an updated version (Diablo 3).

I see plenty of fun in the game and have played it since launch. I can surly not be the only one who find Diablo 3 fun in those simple aspects, no?

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Its dying until the next patch. As always.
    Sorry to say but D3 can't be active without new patches every few months. I've played over 800 hours and i don't see any fun in playing it anymore so i expect something new.
    The loot system is terrible (as some of you stated above), botters are not banned, doing the same run 124125125 times with my barb is BORING. I would change char, i want to play wizz but it doesn't really have any sense now in case of loot/money when i have +300MF/GF on my barb.

I hope Blizz will make some sort of new system (runes?) in the expansion (yup, i know we have to wait billion years for that one) and the PvP will be competitive enough to reward good players, not those with big wallets (which i doubt honestly, RMAH is there for a reason).

EDIT: I played over 800h only because i was making some money on the RMAH. Without the real money factor i wouldn't get even 100h. I'm so greedy :Thumbs Up:
    Quote from Enkeria

I see plenty of fun in the game and have played it since launch. I can surly not be the only one who find Diablo 3 fun in those simple aspects, no?

No, you aren't. This thread is by no means representative. I'm still playing and enjoying it, and so are all of my friends, so if I stick to the same logic that others are using, the game is still played by 100% of all players.

Well, I have to say, me and all of my friends don't care about PvP, we've been playing for 15 years and never touched PvP, and out of the dozends of people I know who play Diablo no one ever cared about Diablo PvP either. So this notion that PvP is the most important feature blablablabal is also a very self-centered view of some people. Couldn't care less. Game's still fun.

P.S.: Yeah, the game has flaws, like itemization and stuff, but eventually we know Blizz will patch a lot and I'm looking forward to things to come. Is the game perfect? No. Is the game dying? Hell, no.
    Everytime I log in I get placed into a chatroom with at least 80 people, there are always new items on the AH.

Is D3 dying? No.
    Is the majority of D3 progressing in terms of gear level, making it feel like there are less low lvl items on the AH being sold? Yes.
    started playing in may with a full friendlist ... always 15-20 ppl online to play with

currently a completly empty friendlist, everytime i log in ... most ppl have been offline for month

yes every patch made the game even better .... but its just not enough to keep the ppl
    Quote from Gnackwatschn

started playing in may with a full friendlist ... always 15-20 ppl online to play with

currently a completly empty friendlist, everytime i log in ... most ppl have been offline for month

yes every patch made the game even better .... but its just not enough to keep the ppl

Get new friends? My list is always full.
    Quote from Domeotaku

Everytime I log in I get placed into a chatroom with at least 80 people, there are always new items on the AH.

This is very interesting btw. I just got placed in chat room #32547 and I'm the 99th person there.

If numbers are to be believed.. and the chatrooms don't get assigned a random number (which would be illogical anyway) then I guess... :o
    The game is played by 3 254 799 players in EU alone! And no alts included! Sacrilege!

I won't hold those numbers for fact of course. Whoever wants to believe something will believe in it whatever new information comes into play. And we can't be sure about some random chat channels anyway. I mean look at it, there are just 587 Public Games. This seems much more relevant. :)

My friends are still very much playing the game. I'm actually the worst progressed one among them, having split my time between playing WoW with my wife and D3.

Ha. Bagstone.

Diablo 3 is dead. It's not just dying. Only hope this game has is a ladder system along side pvp.
    It died for me a couple of months ago. I much prefer D2, where I can play Hardcore without the worry of a lag spike or disconnect, I have the freedom to choose my stats and skill points every level, and I can actually die on Normal difficulty if I'm not paying attention. A couple of other things to add is that the maps always feel different - the damn entrance/exit aren't in the exact same place every single time for a majority of the areas - and the itemization on items combined with the variety of gems and runes is so much more fascinating to me.

That isn't to say the game itself is dying though. I really couldn't say, as the number of public games doesn't give a whole lot of information. I know botting seems to be high at the moment though, so how many of those items you see on the AH on a daily basis are actually from real people posting them?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes