Is D3 dying?

i guess they made enough money with botters already so time to silence the forum haters...
    Quote from TehAdi

i guess they made enough money on botters already so time to silence the forum haters...

Yeah, its about time they banned them from Diablo 2.......

OH WAIT.

Your one of those morons who thinks Blizzard games having bots is a NEW thing....... lolz.

Your around 12 years late bro.

(psssst, botters drive prices DOWN, lower prices = less money for Blizz.)

If you really think Blizz is that corrupt, why would you hang around in their community? Or play their games? Is it a complete and total lack of a life? Some form of S&M? A desperate grasp for attention?

Please, I must know the mechanations behind such blithering idiocy.
    I think you have to get laid first. Seriously.
    Quote from TehAdi

I think you have to get laid first. Seriously.

My wife says ok!

Should be later tonight, you'll let me know tomorrow?
    Maybe i used wrong words to say what i think.
    My point is that Bli$$ didn't care about the bots for so long that these 2 banwaves look quite funny.
    Some people were botting for 4-5 month. You want to tell me that there was no chance to detect demonbuddy for 5 month and now BAM here you go 2 banwaves! :D If they really couldn't stop demonbuddy earlier they should look for better employees in my opinion.

The second option (more realistic) is that they have good economists. I think there are not enough RMAH users now (many ppl just left diablo) compared to amount of bots throwing gold/items into the economy so they had to raise the gold price somehow. Also i think its possible that they are preparing for a wave of new players for christmas that will buy some goodies on RMAH.
    Money is money man, you can't trust anybody who makes so much money with one simple decision especially when Activision is running the business here.

EDIT: I'm not saying its bad, the botters should always be banned but this bot wipe before christmas was more than expected by anybody who knows how the business works.
    or, banning them one at a time may not send a strong enough message. If i had to guess, they sit on flagged accounted untill a quota of some kind, either after so many months or so many flagged accounts. which ever comes first.

hearing/reading about massive ban waves give the masses confidence that something is getting done.

edit: or the real answer is likely infinitely simpler, they just now figured out how to detect the bots with 100% confidence.

ive read dev posts before that say that even if they know based on intuition or professional experience that someone is a botter, they cannot ban with out proof.
    Quote from Oxidys

or, banning them one at a time may not send a strong enough message. If i had to guess, they sit on flagged accounted untill a quota of some kind, either after so many months or so many flagged accounts. which ever comes first.

hearing/reading about massive ban waves give the masses confidence that something is getting done.

edit: or the real answer is likely infinitely simpler, they just now figured out how to detect the bots with 100% confidence.

ive read dev posts before that say that even if they know based on intuition or professional experience that someone is a botter, they cannot ban with out proof.

They probably have plenty of proof based on packets or some other indicator. I too think they're cleaning house ahead of the new patch andfor the new xmas noobs.
    Quote from rotforge

I recommend you just take a break for a while. i just came back after 4 months and am having soo much fun with my barb, with all the changes that have happened since I initially quit.
    I read "with all the content..." and was in shock for a second before a re-read again.

Quote from Oxidys

nah, they just ban them as a form of punishment when they do not make them enough money.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    What the heck is everyone talking about "ban waves" - Blizzard is continuously monitoring and banning, they're just not announcing every single ban on their forums. It's not "two ban waves" but "two announcements about recent bans".

If you go to the forums of the bot developers you can see that bans occur all the time and not just on certain days where Blizzard decides to ban some people.
    Quote from Bagstone

What the heck is everyone talking about "ban waves" - Blizzard is continuously monitoring and banning, they're just not announcing every single ban on their forums. It's not "two ban waves" but "two announcements about recent bans".

If you go to the forums of the bot developers you can see that bans occur all the time and not just on certain days where Blizzard decides to ban some people.

ye they are banning

so a botter is able to reach 2150+ hours playing time :)
    Browser MMORPG Developer
    Quote from Bagstone

Wrong. They do it in waves. Its obvious if you do some research.

Quote from Jamoose

Quote from Bagstone

Wrong. They do it in waves. Its obvious if you do some research.

They do, but they have done faaaaaaaaaaaaar more then 2 ban waves.
    in my opinion, diablo 3 will never live up to diablo 2's success. but i do believe the game can still be improved and bring back some fans. *Cough* pvp *Cough*. Who know maybe an expansion would spice the game up :).
    Quote from overneathe

There is no "dying" in Diablo 3. The game can operate even with 100 people playing it.

LOL.. it sure does feels like that alrdy, actually it feels like there only about... 12 players playing (HC mode)
    Quote from healingtree

in my opinion, diablo 3 will never live up to diablo 2's success. but i do believe the game can still be improved and bring back some fans. *Cough* pvp *Cough*. Who know maybe an expansion would spice the game up :).

A year to get pvp, I don't even start thinking about an expansion, 2016 maybe ? :)
    I don't think this game is dying. I still farm a lot with friends and have a jolly time! I do think they need to introduce some new content though.
    I'm another one of those who took a break and came back. Am now having more fun than ever. The funny thing is that when I had "quit" I thought it was for good. I thought the game was dead, yadda, etc. Turns out, playing a game for 400 hours straight tends to get a bit dull. And of course, I went through the same phases with Diablo 2.

It just helps a lot to take breather and come back with fresh eyes and a renewed appreciation for how good the game play is. We don't really have enough info to say whether the game is dying or even a clear indicator of a dying game, so these threads are always a bit silly since it's mostly just haters taking the opportunity to rant against D3.
    the only problem is that they nerfed the original inferno , then mp10 ... msitake imo
    Quote from IgnatiusReilly

I'm another one of those who took a break and came back. Am now having more fun than ever. The funny thing is that when I had "quit" I thought it was for good. I thought the game was dead, yadda, etc. Turns out, playing a game for 400 hours straight tends to get a bit dull. And of course, I went through the same phases with Diablo 2.

It just helps a lot to take breather and come back with fresh eyes and a renewed appreciation for how good the game play is. We don't really have enough info to say whether the game is dying or even a clear indicator of a dying game, so these threads are always a bit silly since it's mostly just haters taking the opportunity to rant against D3.

Hahaha! Welcome back. I know that feeling - I quit Diablo 2 about 20 times or so. Always thought "this is the last time I'm touching this game", even uninstalled and deleted my save games (played offline in the early days). And I didn't come back because of some patch or ladder reset, but simply because after some time without the game and playing some of the other rubbish crap on the computer games market you realize what gem this game was.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes