The RNG for you

Quote from TehAdi

i'm 100 paragon lvl and i sold 2 items for over 100M (Vile Ward and 1h with 1200 dps). On RMAH i sold Skorn for 100€ and witching hour for 125€.
    That's about it.
    Also, last thing i sold over 80M was about 2 months ago already.

Quote from Slayardarklaws

Rng hates me. I'm always one affix away from nice items.

http://imgur.com/3NtmJ ... :)

Great to see that there are some people who're not billionaires but still care to post here.

Seeing that p58 guy saying that he makes a steady 200-300m a weekend is just... insane. I'm on a similar paragon level and had one 100m sale once. The past three weeks neither me nor my two friends I'm playing with (p60+) have seen a single million gold selling legendary, just crap all over for ~10 paragon levels. Hooray. RNG is RNG, there's no "average income if you farm your ass off".
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from TehAdi

i'm 100 paragon lvl and i sold 2 items for over 100M (Vile Ward and 1h with 1200 dps). On RMAH i sold Skorn for 100€ and witching hour for 125€.
    That's about it.
    Also, last thing i sold over 80M was about 2 months ago already.

Quote from Slayardarklaws

Rng hates me. I'm always one affix away from nice items.

http://imgur.com/3NtmJ ... :)

Great to see that there are some people who're not billionaires but still care to post here.

Seeing that p58 guy saying that he makes a steady 200-300m a weekend is just... insane. I'm on a similar paragon level and had one 100m sale once. The past three weeks neither me nor my two friends I'm playing with (p60+) have seen a single million gold selling legendary, just crap all over for ~10 paragon levels. Hooray. RNG is RNG, there's no "average income if you farm your ass off".

If p58 guy kills 1000000 mobs/weekend towards your 100000, then he'll still have a bigger chance at encountering better loot than you, no matter what your paragon lvl is. Optimizing your farm route/speed will end up giving you better item drops, cause you get more of them, simple as that.

This means people farming 80-120m xp/hour, are more likely to find more items than people farming 40-60 mp/hour, simply cause they kill more monsters. This is ofc only true if the faster people actually pick up the gear and ID it. But you get the idea.
    Personally i play DH, and i have trouble reaching the 80m xp/hour mark, and its probably cause i dont use vault, but that's my choice. But i'm the kind of guy who likes to explore and open chests and such. You won't see any of the speed farmers doing that. So its kind of a.... how do you like to play-kind of thing. But if you're only in it for the lewt and good drops. Then you should probably start speed farming :)
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    But this is a fun post, nice one OP

I found a pair of rare bracer sold for 88m
    rare ring - 38m
    inna's pants - 30m
    and a bunch of items between 10-20m no idea of how many.
    still waiting to get legendary/set item thats +100m worth :)
    Regards DreamWalker

Quote from DreamWalker

If p58 guy kills 1000000 mobs/weekend towards your 100000, then he'll still have a bigger chance at encountering better loot than you, no matter what your paragon lvl is. Optimizing your farm route/speed will end up giving you better item drops, cause you get more of them, simple as that.

This means people farming 80-120m xp/hour, are more likely to find more items than people farming 40-60 mp/hour, simply cause they kill more monsters. This is ofc only true if the faster people actually pick up the gear and ID it. But you get the idea.
    Personally i play DH, and i have trouble reaching the 80m xp/hour mark, and its probably cause i dont use vault, but that's my choice. But i'm the kind of guy who likes to explore and open chests and such. You won't see any of the speed farmers doing that. So its kind of a.... how do you like to play-kind of thing. But if you're only in it for the lewt and good drops. Then you should probably start speed farming :)

I completely understand what you're saying. However, I'm not comparing my weekend vs. his weekend. I was comparing my last three weeks (and my friend's last few weeks, who do efficient/boring Alkaizer runs) with his "average weekend" estimate and just saying that there's no such thing as "if I farm like shit and super efficiently, I'll get 200-300m". After all, he's p58 and not p100. See the other people here who are p100 or close to that and they also don't get 200-300m every weekend. I'm just worried about what kind of expectations people raise. After all, the paragon level tells you a bit about the efficiency of a player. Since we both are at the same level, we also probably have about the same amount of kills.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from DreamWalker

I completely understand what you're saying. However, I'm not comparing my weekend vs. his weekend. I was comparing my last three weeks (and my friend's last few weeks, who do efficient/boring Alkaizer runs) with his "average weekend" estimate and just saying that there's no such thing as "if I farm like shit and super efficiently, I'll get 200-300m". After all, he's p58 and not p100. See the other people here who are p100 or close to that and they also don't get 200-300m every weekend. I'm just worried about what kind of expectations people raise. After all, the paragon level tells you a bit about the efficiency of a player. Since we both are at the same level, we also probably have about the same amount of kills.

Ah ok, well yeah 2-300m weekends also sounds kinda crazy if it happened week after week, but then again, i wouldn't know since i play differently. And i don't expect me to get at +80m/hour any time soon, since my 'search all'-OCD is slowing me down greatly :)

But i see what you're saying :D, don't think my paragon is actually showing my efficiency tho, I just dinged 60 and i have 55xxxx lifetime kills and 29xxx elite kills(account wide). On my dh, i got 226xx elite kills. This doens't seem to add up with your numbers.
    Regards DreamWalker

Quote from Jaetch

Hmm... what are your kill stats though?
    (...)

20600 elites 472000 lifetime kills

Maybe the first 6000 elites were a bit rocky, but since I'm rolling Mp4 quite efficiently.
    Quote from Bagstone

Plvl only maters for native MF, if my MF is capped at p1 then a p100 has no advantage over me as far as loot goes. as for the 2-300m average in 15-20h, im going on my average since I came back to SC a month ago after losing 3 HC toons in a week. I had 5 mil gold, at that time and a couple peices a okish gear. I haven't xp farmed and don't wear any xp gear because loot and re-gearing has been my priority so i stack mf and run a3 routes on mp4, after about 60 hours farming I'm up to about 900 mil in gear and gold atm.
    Take what you want from that, I know guys doing about the same and I know guys who aren't but like I said before the guys who arent are usually the ones who don't really grind for loot efficiently.
    Quote from Richtko

after about 60 hours farming I'm up to about 900 mil in gear and gold atm.

That makes you the most lucky person here.

Me, in around 270 hours I have 550m in items (all of my sets altogether).
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    Paragon 53

10+ 10m items
    5+ 20m items
    2+ 50m items
    After about 350 hours I picked up an echoing fury which sold for 1B.
    PLVL 82
    1 item 40m
    1 item 30m
    2 items 20m

The rest are all under 20m.

By comparison, 50 (last 50) levels have been made in COOP games with my brother. He sold items worth around 2bilion gold (Nat ring 350m, Nat helm 120m, 200m necklace... etc, and he has 2-3 100m+ items on ah.
    In total, 15 of the 15 50m+ items that dropped in our COOP games, dropped for him. Talk about RNG.

PS: We both had capped MF on MP0-1.
    I am still pretty low lvl, I have a 15 and 10 plvl char and the most I have sold an item for was 600,000 som random pants.

So I need to increase my grinding but I haven't found a million dollar item yet.
    Quote from g0kuenuan

In total, 15 of the 15 50m+ items that dropped in our COOP games, dropped for him. Talk about RNG.

It so made me laugh :-)

Quote from Bobcat915

I am still pretty low lvl, I have a 15 and 10 plvl char and the most I have sold an item for was 600,000 som random pants.

So I need to increase my grinding but I haven't found a million dollar item yet.

You got unlucky. The first 5m+ item dropped for me at plvl 6. I bought a whole new set of gear for it at that time (yeah, whole 13 items + 4 for follower)
    I have a signature so you can see my post and that post rating count icon (along with hand icon) do not overlay my post. If you do not have a signature, for the sake of others, please make one.
    Quote from tommmmmm

So, I was wondering, how RNG treats others.

I am currently plvl 52 and so far in my whole career I got following items:
    1 item I sold for 25m+
    1 item I sold for 20m+
    4-7 items I sold for 10m+
    around 15 items I sold for 5-10m
    (I pick up around 90% of yellows)

Since there are no official statistics, I wonder, did RNG treated me badly and how my luck 'compares' to other people.

So, I'd be grateful if you told me how RNG treated you!

I was carrying a friend (paragon 2) through MP6 (whose gear was 70% from me) and he got a Tal Rasha chest piece with 190int, 90vit, 80res all. Comparables post for 250+mil.

FML
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from maka

Quote from Richtko

Quote from Jaetch

Hmm... what are your kill stats though?

For example, my wizard has over 45,000 elite kills and close to 1 million lifetime kills. I've gotten several items that I've sold for 100M, with my best drops being a max crit chance Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross that sold for 300M pretty recently and a dex/crit Lacuni Prowlers that sold for 500M back when 1.04 first hit with the new legendaries.

Then there are the tons of 10-25M items that drop throughout the week whenever I have a steady farming rhythm going.

All I can say is—and I seriously preach this to anyone who feels like they're starved for valuable drops—kill faster, farm faster, kill more, farm more.

This!

I'm a p58 with about 36k elite kills. Probably on a average farm weekend where I play 15-20 hours I make 200-300 mil give or take. My highest sale was a Tal's chest with perfect AR for 125 mil right after 1.04. I tend to underprice stuff so it sells fast, the last week I sold a almost perfect rolled wiz set off hand with arcane on cit t for 85 mil (sold in less then 10 min....) mempo for 42, ammy for 60, ice climbers for 30, crit/crit 1100 dps mace for 50, can even remember but another 10-15 items for 10-20 mil.

I don't subscribe to this "farm 8 hours a day or you're not doing it right" mentality.

Which of course is hilarious because the math is irrefutable; The more you farm, the more drops you'll get, thus increasing your chance of finding better items.

I have exactly the same playing habits as I did for most of my D2-playing career; the frequency of interesting drops In D3 (and the level of 'interest' of said drops) is nowhere near what it was for me in that game. I played mostly SP, with some LAN tossed in at weekends.
    For me, this means something; what it means to you (if anything at all), I don't know.
    Lets see, close to 400 hours on all my max level characters and, well lets put it this way. Never have I once found an items and been like wow this is really good I'll equip it. Nor, have I found something that has sold for an abundant amount of gold. If it wasn't for the RMAH I wouldn't have any gear and prolly still be doing act 1 inferno. So, in short, RNG is awful and they can shove it up their asses.
    PLVL 40
    High rolled trifecta gloves with int and cold resist 55mil
    1k dps fist weapon with strength(lol) socket 900 loh and 88% crit sold for 30 mil.
    After that nada for more than 3 mil XD.

My Wife: PLVL 35
    1400 dps Skorn with 5.8 Lifesteal and 300+ int 140 mil.
    1300 dps Manticore with 2 sockets 425 mil.
    Trifecta ammy with 130 int and 70 all res 200 mil
    All told my wife has 640 mil gold and i have 21
    Back in 1.02 or 1.03 I sold a rare wiz offhand for 25mil. I play a wiz and it was worth ~25x all of the rest of my gear combined. Even though it was a great upgrade (and probably could have sold for 50mil if I had the patience to wait) I chose to use the gold to regear my wiz and my wife's DH completely so I could finally farm act3 efficiently.

Some small sales here and there until about a month ago, when I found perfect CC trifecta 156int Zuni Pox. Again, an obvious upgrade that was worth >25x all my gear combined, and I decided to sell this one too. Probably underpriced it again...

It sold for 1.95 billion.
    Ok, I'm now oficially curious about it. I have a 24Plvl Barb and a 17Plvl WD

First of all, I have two good items, one Vile Ward with 261STR, 80AR, 78VIT, 264ARM, 19%GF, 363LifeReg (+200m), and a Manajuma knife with socket, 91%CritDmg, 888DPS and 178INT (40m+)

I kept both, but still tempted to sold the Vile Ward.

I checked AH and...

20m+ 1
    10m+ 1
    5m+ 1
    1m+ 20+

I have 50m gold now with 13K elite kills and 288K total kills.

But the gratest WTF of all is that I checked my only item sold in the RMAH. The price was 109,99€ and was a chest piece with 28DEX, 214VIT, 19%MF, 79AR and two sockets. Price check? Definitely not 110€ nowadays, nor 20€.
    Quote from Jaetch
    All I can say is—and I seriously preach this to anyone who feels like they're starved for valuable drops—kill faster, farm faster, kill more, farm more.

Until you are burned out (like myself) and cant stand the grind anymore :P

I got close to your stats (833k lifetime / 35k elite) and my Willpower doesnt break easy....

But i dunno mate, its just to unrewarding.
    If i put in 5-8 Hours a day, i simply "expect!" 1 Kickass Loot per week ;)
    Just looked at past 7 days and it seems par for the course (sales over 100k):

TOTAL: 64,567,437

That's about how things go for me -- some small sales, 1 or 2 things a week that peak above 25 mill. I also pickup an average of 1 mill gold / hr played because my WD runs with 40 yds pickup radius.

I've never hit a 9 figure sell yet. Highest I've done is 93 mill on a life-steal Skorn but, all things said, it has worked well enough. I play very efficiently with the time I do play, always MF capped and usually between 70-80 mil xp / hr on Act III speed runs and am at paragon 94 now. I can't complain really as the funds I've found over time keep me geared well enough and usually a balance of somewhere between 100-200 mill on me.

That said, as to consistently making 200-300 mill every 15-20 hours from playing the game (not AH flipping), my experience would say that would take one hell of a luck streak so personally I don't feel that's a reasonable mark to strive for. I suppose it's not impossible I'm on one hell of an unlucky streak for the duration of my playtime but it just seems to be a high average per hour played. I fully believe people can do that playing the AH - but as a consistent goal from farming, doesn't seem to be a very reasonable expectation.

DISCLAIMER: Of course, I base all of the above from a sample of one (me) -- so, even though I have a good amount of time played at a high efficiency level, it's still not terribly significant statistically speaking. Just passing on my personal experience for what it's worth I guess.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes