[necroed]

Tillykke OP!

May I ask what the items "Eternity font time" and "Pugilist's Courage" actually were? Do you remember that?

I agree with you on the tax matter. Unless you own a private company you should be safe.

Kind regards :)
    Quote from ConanTheBarb

Tillykke OP!

May I ask what the items "Eternity font time" and "Pugilist's Courage" actually were? Do you remember that?

I agree with you on the tax matter. Unless you own a private company you should be safe.

Kind regards :)

Pugilist's Courage was a pair of barb gloves with - 140 str, 90 vit, 80 all res, 10% crit, 46% crit dmg. Dont remember what Eternity font was.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Grats with the achivement dude :)

Just a quick heads up on the laws on this subject in Denmark. All profit made from a videogame is under the laws of Gambling,and wont be charged with taxes ... yet.

A friend of mine asked when RMAH was first released, and I really doub they changed anything since then.
    Quote from Eazy

Good bjob, though someone just sold Resonating Fury for 400 000 000 000 gold which is ~10 000 Euro.

What is resonating fury?
    Grats op!

Personally, i'd do this too if I knew how to :P of course I'd like to make 6k euros just by playing the AH, but I can't say i'd enjoy camping the AH 3-5 hours a day or more, not to mention I don't know shit about items and their prices. Also, i'm getting the feeling i'm a little late to the party lol

I really think most people would do this if they could, they chose to be jealous or angry because they feel as if they're being played or something xD Personally I couldn't care less, I play cause I like the game :P

Anyways, grats on your milestone
    Congratulations. Best of luck for your next transactions.

But i'd like to say, I wish item sniping would be adressed. I think it's real poor design for an auction based economy.

There is too much of a gap between diablo 3 players and auction house players. I don't feel like we play the same game at all.
    Quote from Caos

But no, 6k € with a game? I could have earned more playing soccer in my country.

Of course. But if you can earn 6k over a while by playing like 2 hours a day and doing something you enjoy and have a normal job as well I would say that's no more than welcome. From what I understand playing this game isn't the OP's job, he's just doing it for fun and getting some money out of it is just an added bonus. I work 6 hours a day and even having flipped a grand total of maybe 10 items (for considerable profit anyway, 20m+ maybe, I've done smaller ones too) I've made like 10 billion gold since release by farming. I did make a lot when everyone was switching from tanks to glass canons by hoarding items beforehand but that was about it.

You can make tons of money out of this game if you just know how to play the AH(s), you don't have to make a job out of it even though with enough time and patience/knowledge you probably could.
    Gratz to the OP.

Just as a comment: Using the AH as speculative/investment tool is against the terms of use, so you might want to be a bit less specific as to how much of this was earned by "playing the AH."
    My monk Vin
    Quote from Dehydrogenaza

Quote from Huminator

Ive have had bigger paypal income elsewhere, before diablo 3. Alot bigger. Never heard a word, thats why i doubt ill hear from them.

I don't know about your country, but in mine you can get into serious trouble because of this. I'm totally filling in my RMAH income in my taxes as "Other sources of income"...

Yes. Pay your taxes. >:]

Congrats! :)
    Quote from thundersteele

Gratz to the OP.

Just as a comment: Using the AH as speculative/investment tool is against the terms of use, so you might want to be a bit less specific as to how much of this was earned by "playing the AH."

But that is the reason for the Real money auction house in the first place. When you place an item on the market you want to make money on it or at least get something for it.

You can not have an auction house that is not speculative. So that means that the Auction House is against the "Terms of Use"
    Quote from Smosh

Quote from Eazy

Good bjob, though someone just sold Resonating Fury for 400 000 000 000 gold which is ~10 000 Euro.

What is resonating fury?

He means Echoing Fury. And this is the one he is talking about: http://forums.d2jsp....t=65489441&f=69

It was 40b gold, not 400b. The only proof though is a transaction of 7500 euro, which is close to 22b in game gold.
    Should have been me that flipped that Fury : D
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator

Some days ago, we saw an item sell for 7500 euro. Thats the highest known price so far in d3.

That's nearly $10,000 USD... who the fuck would spend THAT much money for a game item... good god.
    People with enough money to invest in their hobby i guess.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    I Look forward to a day when items are account bound on purchase so things like this don't happen regularly and there is a level of stability in the market and in turn to that force people to make more intelligent purchases. OP, you took advantage of a broken system I cant fault you for that, but to gloat about it, I dont think many people will bask in your glory. You may have been better off keeping this achievement to yourself.
    His gloating is great in that it has split the community in a very positive way. I now know all the people that are incompetent hipsters that don't understand the basics of economics or capitalism, and thus who to avoid talking to, as I may get infected with their stupid.
    Quote from TheSeanis

I Look forward to a day when items are account bound on purchase so things like this don't happen regularly and there is a level of stability in the market and in turn to that force people to make more intelligent purchases. OP, you took advantage of a broken system I cant fault you for that, but to gloat about it, I dont think many people will bask in your glory. You may have been better off keeping this achievement to yourself.

I think you will have to wait till forever. For items to become account bound / Soul bound.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Grats. Wish I had your luck. Could use almost $7800 (usd) myself. I'd be bragging about making that much too!
    Was not my intention to brag. I simply just wanted to share a happy moment.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator

Was not my intention to brag. I simply just wanted to share a happy moment.

it'd be nice if you can share with us a video of you going through the whole motion of sniping/flipping
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes