[necroed]

So.... Auction House Tycoon is a damn fun little game!

Might as well accept the fact that the tail is indeed wagging the dog, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Ethical and moral concepts in a online multiplayer game. That was news to me. Its not like i steal, or force players to give me excellent gear for less than they want to. They have a sale price, if i find that price sweet. I buy the item, they get paid what they wanted for it. Now its up to me to determine what i want for it. An item is worth what people are willing to pay for it. And if thats alot more than what the original seller sold it for. Thats besides the point, thats his loss, his stupidity.

And yeah. AH tycoon is a sweet breath of fresh air, in the middle of the endless grind. When pvp is here we get even more to toy with.

1: Grind/Farm
    2: AH Tycoon
    3: pvp

Quote from overneathe

I'm more curious as to what you've so far bought to "celebrate" the occasion? :P

Ive bought nothing. But ill let diablo pay for my 3 weeks summer vacation to australia. Thats about it.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator »

Quote from overneathe

I'm more curious as to what you've so far bought to "celebrate" the occasion? :P

Ive bought nothing. But ill let diablo pay for my 3 weeks summer vacation to australia. Thats about it.

Well that does sound like something! :D
    I wanna learn from you man. Make a vid or something ^^
    Very nicely done...
    I just wonder when someone will put those "skills" on their resume.
    I've already read about someone using his skills as WoW guildmaster to get a job.

I'm not using the rmah at all (playing hardcore style) and I have too little knowledge of the AH for sniping and such but it sure looks like something that's worth taking the time for.

Maybe I'll get past 10 mil one day...

Again, very nicely done
    To the OP:

Congratulation for the pay check first and foremost. Impressive figures.

I have to say thought, I dont get people like OP that instead of playing the game, as in create a character and kill stuff around, they rather watch AH for hours on on end to flip that under-priced item and get some $ or gold rolling. I just don't get it. I just don't find it entertaining.
    Quote from baron01

To the OP:

Congratulation for the pay check first and foremost. Impressive figures.

I have to say thought, I dont get people like OP that instead of playing the game, as in create a character and kill stuff around, they rather watch AH for hours on on end to flip that under-priced item and get some $ or gold rolling. I just don't get it. I just don't find it entertaining.
    Instead of playing the game? Where does it say i don't play the game? And since when did it take hours browse the ah?. Browsing the different things take like 5 minutes. And considering i got 3 character all being 40ish paragon level, i frankly can't understand why you say i dont play the game. I play both games. Killing stuff and ah tycoon. Heck you may even call it multitasking.

People and their assumptions.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    You said it yourself earlier, most of the stuff you sold comes from AH flipping. That is not playing the game in my eyes. You can call it AH tycoon, you can call it refreshment from boring grind but the game was not designed for AH. Hence me saying you don't play the game.

I hated AH tycoons, as you call yourself and similar people, in WoW because very few of them could manipulate server's AH for their benefit. Those people were known by majority of population on the server and they did not play the game, they camped the AH day in, day out.. Situation is different in D3 due to global AH but there are similarities with WoW. And I still dont find it fun even if it makes a lot more sense in D3 than in WoW--you can legally convert your "hard' earned gold into real life currency in D3 but you could not in WoW.

I would simply not buy a game with an intention to use it as a tool to earn money. It might just be a fact that I have a job that satisfy my income and self-realization needs more than enough so I can just use D3 for what it was designed--to kill stuff.

Finally, one can argue that your type of people--self proclaimed AH tycoons--makes it harder for AH peasants to buy and sell stuff. Inflation is a common phenomenon in most games I have played that featured any form of trading. Flipping items on AH directly fuel inflation. And no, being AH tycoon is nothing like a real life trading. The principle of economy in games and real life trading are the same but the depth is very shallow, the market is still susceptible to manipulation and it lacks any real self-regulatory mechanisms.

Still, earning 6000 EUR in this game is great feat.
    I did not buy the game as a tool to make money. A bought the game because its fun. The fact, that you can make alot of irl money is just a bonus. having 3 characters, each around paragon 45 confirms i play the game. Making money on the side, doesnt mean the game arent played.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator

I did not buy the game as a tool to make money. A bought the game because its fun. The fact, that you can make alot of irl money is just a bonus. having 3 characters, each around paragon 45 confirms i play the game. Making money on the side, doesnt mean the game arent played.

I bought it as a tool to make money lol, and it worked. I flipped 60 dollars into 2000 and had fun doing it and I have roughly 1000 USD still in gear equity. I have a level 99 wizard also, so you know I play a lot. (Although TBH I can play the game like breathing now, and mostly multitask it with work / watching shows on my other monitor.
    how many accounts u have?
    1.) WishboneTheDog made 10k already 4 Months ago... so nope, you are no super special Snowflake^^
    http://www.reddit.co..._the_d3_market/

2.) This dude bought a Echoing Fury for 40 Billion Gold / 7500 Euros.
    http://www.gamestar....57,3007344.html

Sorry that last one is in German, but you can see the two Screenshots. One shows the Echoing Fury, and the second the transfer receipt (from his bank) for the 7500 Euros.
    So, there is a Person out there who earned with a Single Item / Sale more then you (all together) :)
    Grats on the income.

I find it amazing that anyone can play D3 for more than a few hundred hours and have fun in the Auction House.

I loved D1 and D2, but D3 became a game I can not stand to play and went to TL2 and back to D2.
    Quote from zsaviorx

how many accounts u have?

Quote from Xenocow

1.) WishboneTheDog made 10k already 4 Months ago... so nope, you are no super special Snowflake^^
    http://www.reddit.co..._the_d3_market/

2.) This dude bought a Echoing Fury for 40 Billion Gold / 7500 Euros.
    http://www.gamestar....57,3007344.html

Sorry that last one is in German, but you can see the two Screenshots. One shows the Echoing Fury, and the second the transfer receipt (from his bank) for the 7500 Euros.
    So, there is a Person out there who earned with a Single Item / Sale more then you (all together) :)
    Never claimed i was a special snowflame.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator »

Then why come here, open a Topic and brag about it ?
    Just seeking attention ?

I myself made well over 1000 Euros without much effort or time investment...its no special witchcraft.
    Actually, its boring as fuck...sitting all day on the AH, sniping off cheap stuff etc...
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from Huminator »

Just seeking attention ?

I myself made well over 1000 Euros without much effort or time investment...its no special witchcraft.
    Actually, its boring as fuck...sitting all day on the AH, sniping off cheap stuff etc...

As is said in the OP: "I had a happy moment and wanted to share it". And these kinds of topics aren't exactly spamming our forums anyway.
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from Huminator »

Just seeking attention ?

Your such an angry person. Soften up.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    I'm happy for you being able to make some decent money on the AH, whether it's through farming or playing the numbers. Congrats!

However, I'm extremely jealous since I've been playing since release, had bad luck with drops and made some wrong choices along the way. Now, I still can't manage to sell anything on the AH and don't find anything worth selling either! Guess I'll just plug away at the farming until I start to make progress.

On a side note, I've seen people stating before that top a full set of top end gear can cost 1000-2000 euros, and if it's proven to be truly possible to make 6000 euros, then it's not so much a stupid choice buying from the RMAH so much as it is an investment to build on.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Some days ago, we saw an item sell for 7500 euro. Thats the highest known price so far in d3.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator
    Your such an angry person. Soften up.

I am not angry... perhaps a little grumpy...because i catched a nasty flu^^
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes