[necroed]

Quote from Huminator »

I honestly still have no clue what Forex is.

I can't post URL. Just Google it. It's the global foreign exchange trading market.

Quote from Huminator »

Quote from Caos

There's almost nothing related with farming in those 6k € and likely you don't own just 1 account.
    How fantastic is it? Errr...

Without trying to sound arrogant id say its around 6000 euro fantastic

I have a job for that and if I'd found it entertaining to browse the AH over and over again in order to make some further income I would have played on the Forex.

But yes, I have to agree with you that paying a dinner with my girlfriend at the restaurant thanks to a drop it's pretty nice.
    But no, 6k € with a game? I could have earned more playing soccer in my country.
    Quote from TheSeanis

I hate to be the guy that brings up the fact that you selfishly purchased underpriced items and manipulated the market to give yours a selling advantage for your personal gain, and thus artificially inflated the economy for whoever was purchasing your goods. But hey. "congrats"

I'll bet anything you'd do the same if you could. Nobody forced anyone to do anything here. He didn't force anyone to buy anything, they all did it of their own free will. If anyone have 250 euros to spend on an item in a game, I don't feel any kinds of sorry for them - they will probably be alright.
    Quote from Caos

Quote from Huminator »

I can't post URL. Just Google it. It's the global foreign exchange trading market.

Quote from Huminator »

Quote from Caos

There's almost nothing related with farming in those 6k € and likely you don't own just 1 account.

I have a job for that and if I'd found it entertaining to browse the AH over and over again in order to make some further income I would have played on the Forex.

But yes, I have to agree with you that paying a dinner with my girlfriend at the restaurant thanks to a drop it's pretty nice.
    But no, 6k € with a game? I could have earned more playing soccer in my country.

If so why not do both? You make it sound like i do this as a job. I have aswell a normal fulltime job. I do this as fun. Just like you run your act 3 runs or whatever you do for fun. I find it entertaining browsing throu AH looking for good deals. You find it fun to kill the same 5 types of mobs over and over and over. Fun is fun. Because my playtime is more rewarding than yours, doesnt mean its a job.

And to that Forex. No thanks. Im waay to lazy to learn something so dramaticly. Its much more relaxing and comfy to slay a few mobs and buy and sell stuff on ah :)
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Caos

Quote from Dehydrogenaza

Quote from Caos

Why don't you play forex then?

Sometimes I wonder if people are just trolling because they realize how stupid is this argument, or really think that it makes them look cool.

Gratz, OP! Personally I have about 2500 euro + 500 euro on my char, much less than you! But I also completely missed patch 1.04 and half of 1.05, so I guess I could total about 4-4.5k if I played all along. Very impressive job!

Trolling what? If Huminator finds entertaining to play with the RMAH there are far more tools to play with with the Forex.
    And I've said Forex because it's a fairly easy trading market if you know what I'm taking about.

Chill out dude.

Uh... So you'd say that playing the RMAH is approximately as difficult, time consuming and risky as Forex? Because I'd say, that none of this is true, which pretty much explains why someone would play RMAH and not Forex. Also, according to statistics, about 90% of investors lose money on Forex ("fairly easy trading market" - you see, I'm sure now that you're trolling, or terribly misinformed).

Quote from TheSeanis

I hate to be the guy that brings up the fact that you selfishly purchased underpriced items and manipulated the market to give yours a selling advantage for your personal gain, and thus artificially inflated the economy for whoever was purchasing your goods. But hey. "congrats"

Yeah, suck it, capitalism!
    Quote from Huminator

Quote from Caos

Quote from Huminator »

Quote from Huminator »

Quote from Caos

If so why not do both? You make it sound like i do this as a job. I have aswell a normal fulltime job. I do this as fun. Just like you run your act 3 runs or whatever you do for fun. I find it entertaining browsing throu AH looking for good deals. You find it fun to kill the same 5 types of mobs over and over and over. Fun is fun. Because my playtime is more rewarding than yours, doesnt mean its a job.

And to that Forex. No thanks. Im waay to lazy to learn something so dramaticly. Its much more relaxing and comfy to slay a few mobs and buy and sell stuff on ah

Because it's not fun to me and the fact that you can earn some money doesn't help anyhow.
    You called it "fantastic", I say it's not. If we were both playing a football match I'd say that you made something "fantastic" if you made an exceptional goal, not because you were wearing a wonderful pair of sockets. Ain't it?
    But if you want to call it "fantastic" because you made 6k € having fun... Yeah! That's great but, again, most of the people that have a job and like it do earn quite as much as you did (at least here in western Europe) and have almost as much fun as you, so I wouldn't say "fantastic".

But maybe it's just me because I'm used to have fun with my job.

And I won't hijack your topic talking about what I find entertaining in Diablo 3.

@ Dehydrogenaza

Those 90% that make loss are the ones the make the other 10% gain. That's the same in Diablo 3. And Forex is way easier than other trading markets, nonetheless it requires education. Just like you need when you play with the D3 AH.
    Quote from TheSeanis

+1

I hate you and your type, specifically since you mentioned AH sniping and flipping.

Don't hate the player? Hate the game? Yeah I hate that Blizz brought out the worst in people by making it seem ok to behave like this.

Grats on your personal gain to the dismay of people who actually want to use those items in game. You're a genuine AH tycoon.
    Quote from Caos

Quote from Huminator

Quote from Caos

Quote from Huminator »

Quote from Huminator »

Quote from Caos

Because it's not fun to me and the fact that you can earn some money doesn't help anyhow.
    You called it "fantastic", I say it's not. If we were both playing a football match I'd say that you made something "fantastic" if you made an exceptional goal, not because you were wearing a wonderful pair of sockets. Ain't it?
    But if you want to call it "fantastic" because you made 6k € having fun... Yeah! That's great but, again, most of the people that have a job and like it do earn quite as much as you did (at least here in western Europe) and have almost as much fun as you, so I wouldn't say "fantastic".

But maybe it's just me because I'm used to have fun with my job.

And I won't hijack your topic talking about what I find entertaining in Diablo 3.

@ Dehydrogenaza

Those 90% that make loss are the ones the make the other 10% gain. That's the same in Diablo 3. And Forex is way easier than other trading markets, nonetheless it requires education. Just like you need when you play with the D3 AH.

What are you exactly saying? your totally lost me, How can it not be fantastic to get a 3 week vacation to australia sponsored by a game you play for fun? What does that have to do with football or your irl job? where is the logic in the gibberish you say? Trolling much?

Quote from Ourumov

Quote from TheSeanis

+1

I hate you and your type, specifically since you mentioned AH sniping and flipping.

Don't hate the player? Hate the game? Yeah I hate that Blizz brought out the worst in people by making it seem ok to behave like this.

Grats on your personal gain to the dismay of people who actually want to use those items in game. You're a genuine AH tycoon.

Thank you. And continue doing so with a smile.
    And you hate me, for doing what people do in a game with an economy. I honestly could not care less.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    I'm jelly!

To all the haters: an item's value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If someone else is posting items below the maximum it will sell for, that's their fault.

P.s. I don't flip. No capital. :(
    Quote from Caos

@ Dehydrogenaza

Those 90% that make loss are the ones the make the other 10% gain. That's the same in Diablo 3. And Forex is way easier than other trading market, nonetheless it requires education. Just like you need when you play with the D3 AH.

First, you conveniently didn't comment the fact that RMAH is easier, less risky and less time consuming. Because it is. People posting items on RMAH are absolutely clueless, making money on them is probably less involving than taking a candy from a baby. And with minimal experience (no special education, just gear 1-2 characters for Inferno), literally 100% of the times you invest on RMAH, you will make money. I have never lost on any item; at worst, I made it even (that's including the 15% fee). And that was because I took risks (like, trying to figure out which items will go up in value after a patch). Compared to the amount of dedication you need to make a relatively safe profit from Forex? Man...

Second, don't read the "10 things you need to know to get rich on Forex" articles. Don't. Forex is not easier than the main stock market, and people who think so are the aforementioned 90%. It's risky, it's hard, it requires nerves of steel. Really, no comparison to RMAH.
    Wow thats an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations.
    no difference than botters

both against tos

and using ah flipping etc all are against tos as well :)

though i don't care

you are doing to right thing when you consider d3 player base ^^

the responses they gave the topics i opened at official forums makes me crazy
    Browser MMORPG Developer
    Quote from TheSeanis

Capitalism, how does it work?

Also, every major manufacturer of any product in the world says "hai".
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from TheSeanis

Capitalism, how does it work?

Swimmingly, considering post should read "How I made Blizzard/Paypal 1k euro".

To do this is one thing. To do it and brag is another. To praise him for it is ludicrous.

Pathetic. But it's the conditions blizzard creates so you can be their pawns.

AH tycoon: Morals not required.
    Anyone upset at this is just too stupid to do it themselves, or are white knights with absolutely no lives.

Grats on standing on the heads of lesser people, 2k USD here so far, didnt start until 1.05 though
    What a bunch of miserable and jealous losers complaining in this thread, I'm amazed.

Good job OP, turning 60€ into 6000€ by gaming is quite a feat. :)
    Right, everybody's "jealous". Couldn't be "ehtics", or "not wanting to take advantage of fools, even if legal". Of course not. These things don't exist.

Let's hear it for unchecked capitalism! These are the types of people that are in charge of financial institutions all over the globe, with the great results we've seen over the last 30 years.
    Next 'dotcom/housing/securities/whatever' bubble, here we come!!
    Quote from maka

Right, everybody's "jealous". Couldn't be "ehtics", or "not wanting to take advantage of fools, even if legal". Of course not. These things don't exist.

Which ones are the fools? The guys who buy an item for 200€? Maybe they aren't fools, just rich. Some people pay 200€ for a hair cut, just because they are rich too. You aren't getting an adventage of those, just selling them what they are willing to buy.

Maybe you mean taking adventage of the fools who put underpriced items in the AH? Well, those exist, with or without the OP buying their items. If somebody puts a 1100dps weapon with 90 CHD 150 Str and a socket for 2 millions.... it's going to be bought. Period. So the poor fool who put it in the AH is going to get his 2 millions, no matter of what. Yes, the OP will take it, and relist it to 150€ or whatever. So it doesn't allow some other guy (maybe you?) to buy it for 2 millions and use it in his character. But that does not help the poor fool who listed it in the AH the first time anyways (he is going to get 2 millions anyways).

So let's see: he doesn't create any problem to the guys willing to pay 250€ for an item. If they pay that, it's because they have enough money not to care about it. He doesn't create any problem to the fool guy listing the underpriced item, because he is going to get his underpriced price anyways. Who does he create a problem? To the intermediate guy who wants to take adventage from the poor fool, and gear up his character for only 2 millions, thanks to people who doesn't know the price of the item. That is, you. So yes, his fault is that he doesn't let you, and other players, to get adventage from poor fools to gear up your character, and he gets 6000 euros for doing so. Hardly a fault in my opinion. Not worse than getting adventage from poor fools to gear up your character.
    Congrats! That is some good money made :)

Have fun spending it :D
    Only made a little over 300 USD myself (no hardcore AH time for me)... but i see nothing wrong with sniping a great item on the cheap and flipping it for a good profit.

I do that in my business all the time, its just smart business. Some one will buy that item no matter what if it is good, some people feel it is only worth 1 million gold and some feel 2 billion and some think 250 USD is fine as well... as the vendor you set a price that you anticipate it will sell at and return a good profit, if you know that particular item will return a higher profit then you set a higher sell point..

You hate the price point the vendor sets then refuse to buy, but you cannot get upset when some one comes along with more wealth and is willing to dump 250 or 2 billion gold on something when you lacked the funds..

You people calling bad ethics, or no morals just do not seem to understand the concepts behind those terms.

Purchasing an item for a low price on GAH/RMAH then reselling for 100-1000 times the purchase price is not screwing anyone over. No one is being trampled upon, or screwed over, or denied the ability to play and enjoy the game... there are no ethical or moral concepts being violated. Ethics would come in to play if you bought all of the echoing furies on the entire GAH then reposted them all on RMAH for 100+ each...that would be in the category of ethical violations due to attempts to monopolize that part of the market...

But buying 1 or 5 echoing furies for cheap then reposting for profit against the hundreds if not thousands of similar weapons just means you offered the better product and beat the competitors...

So please, stop with the whining cause you did not get what you wanted for the price you wanted and did not have your hand held through every aspect of life.
    I'm more curious as to what you've so far bought to "celebrate" the occasion? :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes