New concept for Paragon levelling

I would really like to see a new concept which motivates players to play not just one class due to the Paragonbonus.
    I mean i really like the Paragonsystem but it really keeps me off playing other classes than my WW barb. I would really like to invest more in gearing up my monk and WD, but because of the time I invested in my barb to earn 50+ Paragonlevels and my limited amount of time it is just far too inefficient to do so.

That is why I suggest an optimized Paragonconcept, especially the second one sounds really realizable:

1. very simple, but not ideal in the current stage of the game imo: Making paragon lvl account- instead of characterbound. For concepts like that the amount of needed xp has to be raised and that will not happen because it would be very unbalanced, favoring players who are at very high lvls with one single character.

2. my personal preference: +%XP-Buffs depending on the plvls of the other characters. Imagine you have a barb at plvl 50, a mage at plvl 20 and a DH at plvl 0.
    You would get a bonus of +X %XP where X is the plvl of all your characters in total minus the one you are currently playing.
    That would mean i my barb would get a bonus of "just" 20%, whereas the mage would get +50% and the DH even +70%.
    I think things like this would be not unbalanced and of course the numbers can be easily modified and optimized with testing, that is just an idea i think would bring much more fun and flexibility to the game.

Please tell me what you think about the idea and if its realistic to hope for such optimizations.
    How exactly is this a new idea?
    i agree paragon leveling kinda makes you chose a character and stick with it, but you realize the gear that drops for you bar you can give to your monk or WD right?

unless you are implying you have a better chance of there gear dropping if you play them?
    Quote from JA0

i agree paragon leveling kinda makes you chose a character and stick with it, but you realize the gear that drops for you bar you can give to your monk or WD right?

unless you are implying you have a better chance of there gear dropping if you play them?

The aim is simply to get more or less same efficiency with all characters because it would make most sense playing all of them more or less equally. People would fell mor motivated to play more classes than just the WW barb for farming.
    I agree that the Paragon system encourages playing only 1 character, but, to me, this is the problem:

Quote from Rineum

it is just far too inefficient to do so.

Why do you care?
    I know I don't.
    Why not introduce penalities for MF,GF for playing low level paragon when you reach level X paragon.
    I disagree. Everything else is already at arm's reach. There are shortcuts to getting gear (AH, real currency), there are easy ways to get key/organ drops (high-geared players carry MP10), there are easy ways to get new characters from 1-60 (MP, Hellfire Ring level 1, twinking, Cain's set, etc.).

Paragon leveling is the only thing left that will take manual work 1 EXP at a time. Getting every character geared and to P100 is going to be a long grind that should qualify as some sort of end-game content, as much of a chore it is.

By making changes to speed up leveling for alts, you'll penalize players who have already hit 100 and are leveling up their alts with dedicated hours (I actually have someone on my friend's list with a P100 DH, a P50+ barb, and a P20+ monk). Personally, my wizard is almost at 100, and I also have geared up a monk (17), DH (8), and a barb (5). I would rather go through the same process with each of them, knowing after I gear up, there's not much else besides grinding, which is what this game's about anyway. I'd be pretty upset knowing I spent so many long hours, way into the night grinding away, only to have some significantly easier method come out later on, which could have saved me so much time.

Just my two cents. I'd rather keep paragon leveling the way it is right now. It's already somewhat upsetting that Inferno got nerfed to crap after people like me who started playing in May struggled through Inferno pre-1.03 nerfs and eventually took 30 minutes to finish off Diablo after several tries.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Paragon leveling killed my interest in this game, once I hit 100 paragon I'm going to quit because I will never EVER level another character's paragon, and I'm completely burned out on my monk.

Not making it account wide is one of the dumbest decisions to date. Anytime I play on another character I start feeling guilty because I've effectively wasted hundreds of hours of my life on my monk and nothing to show for it on other characters. Paragon should be an account bonus, so when I play on an alt I feel like I'm working towards the same goal as when I play on my monk -- not the other way around.

It's sad that nobody wants this to happen because there's such a huge lack of things to do at 60 they don't want the stick holding the carrot to get any shorter than it already is, but for me paragon leveling did exactly that. They should be asking Blizzard for real content at 60, not artifical content... but hey, if it tells you that you "gained" a level you really feel like you worked for it and keep pressing the button until you get a treat.
    I want to see AA's
    EQ style

I was very happy with paragon lvls, it lets you free up gear slots for dmg instead of mf and gold find.

At max paragon lvl I would like if you kept getting lvls at some rate that you could spend on other abilities

crit chance
    crit dmg
    pickup radius
    faster tp
    faster identify
    more inventory slots

increased proc chance...
    I love the small incremental increases to my power and would love to see the system expanded past 100
    Quote from Nicecat

Paragon leveling killed my interest in this game, once I hit 100 paragon I'm going to quit because I will never EVER level another character's paragon, and I'm completely burned out on my monk.

Doesn't reaching paragon level 100 take hundreds of hours? I would say that you got your money's worth
    Quote from Bobcat915

Quote from Nicecat

Doesn't reaching paragon level 100 take hundreds of hours? I would say that you got your money's worth
    Counting RMAH 30% cut, I really didn't.
    They could offer an increased Paragon experience bonus for anyone who already has a character at 100 paragon on their account, adding Paragon gear requirements could get interesting too
    Quote from Jaetch

I disagree. Everything else is already at arm's reach. There are shortcuts to getting gear (AH, real currency), there are easy ways to get key/organ drops (high-geared players carry MP10), there are easy ways to get new characters from 1-60 (MP, Hellfire Ring level 1, twinking, Cain's set, etc.).

Paragon leveling is the only thing left that will take manual work 1 EXP at a time. Getting every character geared and to P100 is going to be a long grind that should qualify as some sort of end-game content, as much of a chore it is.

I couldn't agree more. Everthing seams to have a short cut. I like the idea of something still taking time and effort.
    Quote from Nicecat

Quote from Bobcat915

Quote from Nicecat

Counting RMAH 30% cut, I really didn't.

Only if you invested $60 in this game with the sole purpose to make profits... if that's the case, you might as well join the gold farming business. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you got your money's worth out of this game in terms of entertainment hours. Really, else you wouldn't be playing this game if you weren't getting some sort of enjoyment out of it.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Have people completely forgotten how to do things simply for the sake of fun and enjoyment?
    Quote from RMrulz

Have people completely forgotten how to do things simply for the sake of fun and enjoyment?

Couldn't agree more. Paragon level just gives a sense of some sort of accomplishment every time you decided to log. Without it you might feel efforts gone wasted if you played some hours and didn't find anything useful (which is actually a part of the game). To me, solely grind paragon level actually kills the fun, I'd rather take my time and do it in my own pace.
    I agree. I lvled my WW barb to 88. Why would I want to lvl another char since I won't be getting any legendaries with their low MF?

acct bound it plz
    Quote from sarge26

Quote from RMrulz

Couldn't agree more. Paragon level just gives a sense of some sort of accomplishment every time you decided to log. Without it you might feel efforts gone wasted if you played some hours and didn't find anything useful (which is actually a part of the game). To me, solely grind paragon level actually kills the fun, I'd rather take my time and do it in my own pace.

My feelings exactly. I don't play to increase my paragon level. I play to have fun, relax, slaughter demons, and maybe find a few upgrades or items worth selling for gold. Leveling paragon is simply a side-effect, not the end goal, so I am not the least bit bothered by switching to one of my other characters for awhile at the expense of consolidated paragon leveling.

I realize not everybody feels this way, but sometimes it feels like everybody has forgotten that this is a game, and you're supposed to have fun playing it.
    My solution to this - stop giving diablo 3 100% of your playtime. whether it's 1 hour or 10 hours a day.
    I know it helped me a lot.
    This is a great game.But after a certain milestone (a short milestone) it's all about repeating stuff you do in order to just repeat them faster.
    If you don't feel like playing your main char all the time,take a break. Either play an alt or play another game. I chose the second and every time i log on i do enjoy my playtime.
    Although i am afraid that the hope of people getting an awesome drop which will translate either in billions of gold or straight real currency keeps them playing beyond enjoyment. It's called greed.
    And then people ask for changes (no offence to anyone).
    And no i am not against the rmah as some could think.
    Ignorance is Bliss.
    I couln't agree more with the people being AGAINST this ridiculous concept.
    Why do you want paragon levels to be account bound?Where will be the fun then?I'ts ridiculously stupid really,just because some slacky players want to finish everything fast,why take away the fun from other who might value the game in a different perspective,like WORKING AND EARNING your own items/chars and so forth.
    Stop this thread it's RIDICULOUSLY stupid.

//ryn
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes