account hacking ?

today I recived a mail, and got frozen, but seriusly, watch at this crap

Greetings
    It has come to our attention that your account is involved in illegal transactions. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    Terms of Use: (
    ).

It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
    If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.
    STEP 1: ACCOUNT INVESTIGATION
    We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address.

Click on the link below to verify your e-mail address of the Battle.net account:
    LINK REMOVED FOR SAFETY
    If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

STEP 2: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
    We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.

Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account, it may lead to further action against the account.
    We understand that these policies may seem harsh, but they are in place to ensure that every player is able to enjoy their time in game. Thank you for respecting our position.

Please do not reply to this email as you will receive an automated response.
    Regards,
    Thary
    Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment 2012

So I logged in my account and everything was fine, can anyone comfirme this is a fraud, or something like that?
    I'm guessing the actual link in the email isn't to a battle.net site. You didn't click the link did you?

If you can still log into your account, it's fake. It also looks really fake.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    If you clicked any links in that mail. You are more stupid, than i can posibly describe with words.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Ehm you say you got frozen ? if you are able to log in, then your account isn't frozen is it? And now that you've opened that mail, search your computer for malware and such, then check your battle.net account, if that hasn't any restrictions/info about it, do the math, its fake
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Not even sure blizz would contact you if they froze your account, you would automatically find that out when trying to log on to the game.

edit: And remove that link plz, other ppl might click it, and get scammed
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Quote from DreamWalker

Not even sure blizz would contact you if they froze your account, you would automatically find that out when trying to log on to the game.

Yes, they send an email. I got this once when my account was locked due to logging in from another country (I kind of would expect them to lock my account if someone logged in with an IP like mine, so I was not surprised). I always wondered what a legit email looks like, so if you're interested, take a look. I annotated the link destination (what you see on hover) - note that the link to the password reset site is in plain and requires copy/paste.

Legit Blizzard email about account being locked: http://www.abload.de/img/blizz-emailqvk0d.png
    Quote from DreamWalker

I'm not 100% sure but I think the link in the OP is actually the bliz one. In the email the link leads to a different site but is masked with the text of the actual legit site. Since he just copied and pasted the text, it stands to reason the link created in the post is legit.

Example:

www.msn.com

the link says msn but it goes to google.com
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    It sound real dodgy to me.

The last paragraph is kind of a give away. The email uses the word "may" so many times and the last classic line "respect our position"

Also you agree to terms and conditions before you start playing the game so "may seem harsh" has no relevance if you have already agreed. right?

Also stating "account administration team" at the bottom makes me think why put that?

Could be wrong as I haven't actually seen the email but unless your account actually has any "further actions" taken against it i would not worry
    "You should learn when to go, You should learn how to say no"
    This is an age old scam that has been plaguing Blizzard customers for as long as I can remember. If you get an email like this, go to your own computer and pull up the launcher, try logging in. If you can log in then delete the email. If you cannot, then go directly to Blizzards website and call customer service.

NEVER click any link in an email you are suspicious of.

And as a side note, if you do not have the Authenticator then you are simply asking for trouble. If you have a smart phone and do not have the authenticator then you need to get it now, IT IS FREE. Protect your account.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Hahhahaah guys dont worry , I didnt clicked any of those and by ˝ I got frozen˝ I mean I got scared like never before XD
    Tnx for all the responses , and yeah , ignore this emails , just delete them , I mean its very easy to see taht its unprofesional , and its sent by blizzard@mail hahah XD
    Your account will never be "frozen." It will be "locked," specifically stated in the e-mail (in which case, it doesn't here).

Always hover your cursor above a URL to see where it could be directed to.

Blizzard won't ask you for your personal info since technically... they already have it. My account got locked once after making too many sales/purchasing too many things in the RMAH in a single sitting. But I sent in a ticket and got it resolved in less than four hours.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    I also got this same emai and i was also a bit scared first but its fake yeah.. just delete and go farming! ;D
    I remember the last time I got an email like that about banning me for hacking on my WoW account.

Which is linked to an authenticator.

And I hadn't played on it in 4 years.

I lol'd hard. /delete
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes