The truth about monster power, just a guy telling the truth

I really hate this idea that's being pushed that if you aren't blowing through mobs with utter impunity than you're doing it wrong.

I hope that Blizz addresses this EZ mode issue, the fact that it will wrought the same rewards at a faster pace, ending this blissfully unchallenged EZ mode habit for so many well-geared players.

Why not just bot and really spike the efficiency meter?
    Quote from ruksak

I really hate this idea that's being pushed that if you aren't blowing through mobs with utter impunity than you're doing it wrong.

I hope that Blizz addresses this EZ mode issue, the fact that it will wrought the same rewards at a faster pace, ending this blissfully unchallenged EZ mode habit for so many well-geared players.

At least Keys/Ubers promotes MP5+.

But yeah, I think a little bump up in bonus for MP5+ would make it more compelling.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from ruksak

But yeah, I think a little bump up in bonus for MP5+ would make it more compelling.

Personally, I like the idea of having certain, more desirable items become ineligible to drop below MP4 (just an arbitrary figure for example), and have the chance of that item being eligible to drop, scale upward in conjunction with MP settings.

Of course the above idea only really takes traction if itemization itself sees a major overhaul, which I assume is eminent, the only "if" withstanding is when.

Something needs to be done, because what killed D2 for me, what precipitated my 'retirement', was the ad nauseam monotony of repeating the same god damn run over and over and over and over and over......

Many are being led down this dead end street by the promise of higher rewards, only to burn out and quit from the monotony.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from ruksak

Personally, I like the idea of having certain, more desirable items become ineligible to drop below MP4 (just an arbitrary figure for example), and have the chance of that item being eligible to drop, scale upward in conjunction with MP settings.

Of course the above idea only really takes traction if itemization itself sees a major overhaul, which I assume is eminent, the only "if" withstanding is when.

Something needs to be done, because what killed D2 for me, what precipitated my 'retirement', was the ad nauseam monotony of repeating the same god damn run over and over and over and over and over......

Many are being led down this dead end street by the promise of higher rewards, only to burn out and quit from the monotony.

Yeah, I see what you are saying.

Add some PvP into the mix, and maybe make Whimsy worth something again, throw in another "thing" like the Hellfire rings, and make some adjustments to higher MP levels......

POW

Awesomesauce.
    If you still can have fun playing Diablo 3, and this isn't just another job for you, please disregard what I said. I didn't know people could enjoy this game.
    Quote from Psychatog

If you still can have fun playing Diablo 3, and this isn't just another job for you, please disregard what I said. I didn't know people could enjoy this game.

Anyone that considers this a job is a fucking loser. Not aimed at anyone specifically....just "a guy telling the truth".

This thread, the OP, symbolize everything that is wrong with Diablo players in the modern age.
    Quote from AudioCG

@ Cryo

http://us.battle.net...6/hero/16884320

This guy is awesome, have been in a few games with him.

http://us.battle.net...59/hero/6395374

I have talked with this guy a bunch, he is a murder machine.

Im working on digging up more, have to dig through post history.

lol. blew me away. Cosiaruim is on my buddylist and play with him every day. great guy XD. Weve both been experimenting with diferent builds for farming fastest. He likes the HotA+WW combination. WW for whites, smash for yellow elites.
    I run more of a nuke build with 5 piece IK and unforgiving passive for 4 fury/second, Also, ww hurricane + leap call of arreat + OP momentum + charge stamina + BR blood rage or w/e with the aoe effect. The he build has tons of aoe nuking capabilities, and the br rune allows for an extra range for all ur abilities. I can leap into a screen up spiders and they litterly all die insstantly instead of having to spend more time ww over every inch of the square. Basically, going from a hand held fan to a lawnmower blade :D
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from ruksak

It's possible to do MP5-MP6 nearly as fast as MP0 with good gear. And you get significantly more drops, and most importantly, more legendaries on high MP. Did some runs on MP10 yesterday. For every bag I filled with rares there was a legendary. And I filled my bag in every zone. Still less loot per hour than on MP5, but the trend is clear. You have room to progress in gear in a meaningful way (eg. you won't oneshot everything), and you have the reward for it. It's raining legendaries once you get really effective at high MPs. You just have to have the patience to ID and filter all that shit that drops :D

I don't agree with the OP that clearing speed beats all. I often log drops/hour and legendaries/hour for my runs, and even though MP5 takes longer than MP0, I get like 3-4x more rare drops and legendaries per hour. But it's easy to deceive yourself that you're effective. Without logging your performance you can't tune your sweet spot. Clear your stash, and dump every unid there, it's easy to count loot at the end of the run that way. And, of course, measure your run time.
    Quote from Kisho

Sooooo... what happened to playing the game for fun/for the challenge? Oo;

This is very good..
    Quote from m4st0d0n

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from ruksak

It's possible to do MP5-MP6 nearly as fast as MP0 with good gear.

MP5 takes longer than MP0, I get like 3-4x more rare drops and legendaries per hour.

Stop spreading lies. It is not posible to even farm remotely at same speed. Even if you would have theoreticly bis gear, everything above mp4 will slow your efficiency. I know you want the higher mp's levels to pay off, to justify playing them. But its just not true. Its sadly how blizzard designed monster power. You can do the higher for fun/challenge, keys and organs and it ends there. Items and exp is done on the low if you want max posible for the time spent.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator

Stop spreading lies. It is not posible to even farm remotely at same speed. Even if you would have theoreticly bis gear, everything above mp4 will slow your efficiency.

You're wrong. In BiS gear you can farm at max speed upto mp6. As long as you 1 shot trash, you dont need to lower your MP. By having SoJ, elites won't take long either. Only a small amount of players does have the gear, but saying it's not possible is untrue.
    The OP is absolutely right.

But, playing for a bit of a challenge is sometimes more fun.
    Quote from m4st0d0n

I don't agree with the OP that clearing speed beats all. I often log drops/hour and legendaries/hour for my runs, and even though MP5 takes longer than MP0, I get like 3-4x more rare drops and legendaries per hour.

MP0 magic find cap: 375 (with NV5)
    MP5 magic find cap: 500 (with NV5)

Even if you have the exact same clearing speed (unlikely, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt), mathematics say it's virtually impossible to get 3-4x more legendaries on MP5. You may have had a very lucky sample, but in the long run your "3-4x more" claim is an exaggeration. If it was true, by the way, there wouldn't be any need to fix rewards at higher MP levels.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from m4st0d0n

I don't agree with the OP that clearing speed beats all. I often log drops/hour and legendaries/hour for my runs, and even though MP5 takes longer than MP0, I get like 3-4x more rare drops and legendaries per hour.

Even if you have the exact same clearing speed (unlikely, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt), mathematics say it's virtually impossible to get 3-4x more legendaries on MP5. You may have had a very lucky sample, but in the long run your "3-4x more" claim is an exaggeration. If it was true, by the way, there wouldn't be any need to fix rewards at higher MP levels.

I don't know who you are, but if you keep telling us things like this, I will find you, and I will give you a high five. Nice!
    I used to shoot people in the knee with arrows, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Support my photography. A hobby, but starting to make some money out of it. Brett Delport Photography

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from m4st0d0n

You are forgetting to factor in 1 more thing mate. The chance for double drops from trash mobs you get by increasing MP. I have a feeling the chance is 0% on mp0 actaully.
    Now, I'm not saying that this IS acounting for tripple amount of loot, but it COULD in combination with MF and definetly needs to be mentioned ;)

edit: i looked it up - MP5 has 36% chance for extra item. The way this works is that If any drop is rolled on a trash mob death (including gold, potion,gem), theres a 36% chance a piece of gear will drop as well. This cannot! be a potion/gold/gem.
    Cant calculate the exact benefits of this, cause amount of trash mobs vary in a run, some might be skipped, MF has to be factored in etc

far from 3-4x amount, but atleast i account for everything. :P
    Oh thanks Turtel - yes, completely forgot about that! Damn :-)

Well, but still I don't think this extra item would lead to 3-4x more legendaries. Plus, there are so many people complaining about getting crap loot on high MP levels...
    Quote from Bagstone

Oh thanks Turtel - yes, completely forgot about that! Damn :-)

Well, but still I don't think this extra item would lead to 3-4x more legendaries. Plus, there are so many people complaining about getting crap loot on high MP levels...

Absolutely. Like you said - either exageration or illusion from having few great runs.
    I just like taking it a bit slow and relaxing when I play, and BOOM look at me, there I am, lvl 37 paragon by just a few runs each evening. And I don't even play with that great gear.

100k dps ww barb. And I always walk back to check drops. And I always play MP1, and I never get a legendary.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Psychatog

Anyone that considers this a job is a fucking loser. Not aimed at anyone specifically....just "a guy telling the truth".

This thread, the OP, symbolize everything that is wrong with Diablo players in the modern age.

LOL, someone is a little frustrated. I make more playing Diablo 3 than any normal job I could get while going to college, and I make it from the comfort of my home, and I chose my hours. Calling someone a loser because they are capitalizing on a game Blizzard intended to be capitalized is a little brazen and ignorant. I suggest you stop deflecting your self loathing onto others. Hating yourself is no reason to verbally (in a matter of words) attack others, it just makes you look immature, and everyone stops taking you seriously.
    Quote from Psychatog

Quote from ruksak

Quote from Psychatog

LOL, someone is a little frustrated. I make more playing Diablo 3 than any normal job I could get while going to college, and I make it from the comfort of my home, and I chose my hours. Calling someone a loser because they are capitalizing on a game blizzard intended to be capitalized is a little brazen and ignorant.

I bet you live in poor health.

On the other hand, I get to work with -real- people, I have everyday bump-ins with hot girls, and it's all out there. And I still manage to make enough money to get around, without hanging around behind my computer all day.

Come to think of it.. I'm off to the beach! :) Enjoy D3 guys ;D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes