[Q] Farming spot

hello folks,ive only played diablo during the first 1½ months,had a break until now pretty much cuz the yeah..the game was bad as fuck,

and giving it a second try now..so ive done some upgrades to my character sold some overpriced crap on auctionhouse like everyone else.. so nows my question,

I couldnt find any forum threads about the new farming spots,so yeah..where do you run to farm nowadays? except the wardens and all that, i probably cant take them on as of yet, but where do you farm in act 2-3 ?

thanks
    I think the most popular farming route is in act 3, see the Alkaizer farming route thread:
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/68420-guide-to-effective-paragon-leveling-alkaizer-method/

and here's a guide for act 2 farming:
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/65882-guide-act-2-farming-mass-rares/

good luck!
    thanks man! ill take a look! :)
    Uh... I must have missed that thread about act 2. That act 2 farm route is crap. By far the most rewarding thing in act 2 is the Vault of the Assassins - 7 to 11 elite packs in there. Start with Black Soulstone quest, go to the Desolate Sands, find the Assassins' Vault and make sure you have the checkpoint. Then you can enter the game, get 5 stacks quickly, and go wherever you want to after clearing the Vault (don't enter the Archives as you will lose the Vault checkpoint and searching for that in the Desolate Sands is a huge waste of time). I sometimes enter the Sewers afterwards, check for the elite there, and then quickly teleport through the Dahlgur Oasis for the keywarden. ~10-12 elites plus decent chance of key.
    I would strongly suggest that you farm Act3 even if it is at MP0 if you can handle it efficiently. Alkaizer route and its modification are very well thought out, the maps are relatively simple and the density of mobs is huge. Moreover, while monsters in Act3 are harder, there is very few annoying or dangerous mobs. It is even more rare to run into an elite pack from those annoying monsters on your way--these would be tremors, phasebeasts or those shaman casters.
    On the other hand, Act2 farming can get you decent amount of elite packs but you will definitely lack EXP of Act3 farming due to much lower density of mobs. You will also almost surely run into very annoying monsters in Act2--these include wasps, mage slayers (snake-like creatures that go invisible) and spider caster-whatever. Especially those mage slayers are very dangerous, hit like truck and can get some super nasty affix combos--you are bound to run into them in Vault of Assassin, Sewers and Dalghur Oasis.
    Quote from Bagstone

Uh... I must have missed that thread about act 2. That act 2 farm route is crap. By far the most rewarding thing in act 2 is the Vault of the Assassins - 7 to 11 elite packs in there. Start with Black Soulstone quest, go to the Desolate Sands, find the Assassins' Vault and make sure you have the checkpoint. Then you can enter the game, get 5 stacks quickly, and go wherever you want to after clearing the Vault (don't enter the Archives as you will lose the Vault checkpoint and searching for that in the Desolate Sands is a huge waste of time). I sometimes enter the Sewers afterwards, check for the elite there, and then quickly teleport through the Dahlgur Oasis for the keywarden. ~10-12 elites plus decent chance of key.

I agree that the Vault of the Assasins is a great place because of the mob density but it's highly recommended to enter it having 5 NV stacks for efficient farming.
    By doing Sewers of Caldeum and Black Cayon Mine first does often grant you the needed 5 stacks.

In my opinion, there's no greater gain to save the Vault of Assasins checkpoint since it shouldn't be the first place to go. with this in mind, the archives is another place where the mob density is higher than average.

That said, I want to add that farming in act3 is more efficient but sometimes switch to act1 or act2 for some variety.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes