Interesting loot drops

So yeah, you know the infernal cocoons you can find throughout Act 3?
    I was just now farming that same Act, not really caring about the bone piles and chests, when I accidently smacked one of them cocoons and what do you know, a pair of Zunimassa's boots jumped out.
    Boy was I surprised. They were only worth about 2m, but that's not the important part.
    So my question to you is:
    Have you ever had any similar experiences or interesting happenings regarding loot drops?
    Ya, similar things happen all the time, almost like its random.
    Everything can drop legendarys, if you didn't know, barrels, crates, racks, chests and so on. EVERYTHING!
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I got my very first legendary item during my first act 4 inferno "run" (well, as a full EHP barb with low budget equip I was slow like a snail, but I could make it). It dropped from a simple chest in one of the hell gates where you have to enter the red portal and destroy something. I think it was a crap Tormentor staff or so, but still caused me to open every chest I come across, even today. That's about 3000 chests and zero legendary drops later :-/ Guess I can stop opening chests now.
    Random is random, got my first legendary from a normal chest on mp1 / 0 stacks yesterday.

I got my very first legendary item during my first act 4 inferno "run" (well, as a full EHP barb with low budget equip I was slow like a snail, but I could make it). It dropped from a simple chest in one of the hell gates where you have to enter the red portal and destroy something. I think it was a crap Tormentor staff or so, but still caused me to open every chest I come across, even today. That's about 3000 chests and zero legendary drops later :-/ Guess I can stop opening chests now.

Haha yeah, same thing happened to me, and sometimes i just can't help myself... Need... To.... Check... EVERYTHING....
    But the outcome is kinda sad, you waste a lot of time destroying crates and running extra to open a silly chest, where MF doesn't impact on the loot dropping. Basically waste of time compared to monster kills /hour, wich will render you more legends that anything else.
    Regards DreamWalker

Got at least 2 legendaries from "environment": one - from barrel in Act 1 (Butcher's sickle) and another one from some casket or box in Act 3 (Three-hundredth spear i guess).
    Old Natalya's ring from a dead corpse outside Leoric's Manor. Sold it for 60 mil :)

Everything can drop legendarys, if you didn't know, barrels, crates, racks, chests and so on. EVERYTHING!

Both of you are missing the point, I know that anything can drop anywhere...
    My first legendary was when i was leveling my first character 4 days after release. killed a barrel in act 1 nightmare mode, i was level 25ish. it was a terrible spirit stone. I just gave it to my monk friend i was leveling with. i think he used it for 20 minutes

Both of you are missing the point, I know that anything can drop anywhere...

Ok, then i had a treasure goblin dropping nat boots for me the other day, dropped like the coins he's throwing when trying to run away. On kill i just got like 3-4 rares. That better ? :)
    edit: nat boots were 188 dex. 75 vita, mmm nice upgrade for myself
    Regards DreamWalker

I got one nice legendary (don't remember it now) from a normal chest act3 MP0. It happens, but rarely since there are more monsters then chests or barrels :). Most of my legendaries dropped from normal monsters, so you go figure!
    The most fun I had during a similar experience was when during farming for a key in act1 in the fields of misery, a goat spear guy pops up from the ground, throws a spear at me but hits the pile of bones that was between us and a set wand dropped from it. Stuff just drops from everywhere and sometimes without even clicking them
    ~20 min ago , Natalya's Head of these piles of corpses in the act2 sewers. Dont know if the count as mob or chest etc ^^

So yeah, you know the infernal cocoons you can find throughout Act 3?
    I was just now farming that same Act, not really caring about the bone piles and chests, when I accidently smacked one of them cocoons and what do you know, a pair of Zunimassa's boots jumped out.
    Boy was I surprised. They were only worth about 2m, but that's not the important part.
    So my question to you is:
    Have you ever had any similar experiences or interesting happenings regarding loot drops?

Last week I was starting an Act 3 run (I usually go to the Keep first to get a quick 5 NV), and literally the first trash mob I kill drops a Nat Bloody Footprint, damn near perfect roll! (sold for 80 mil in under 1 hour)

It was hilarious.
    yerrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes