Elemental Damage of Inna's Favor vs. Stone of Jordan

Hi I saw that Inna's Favors +Holy Damage%...adds heavily to DPS. Read somewhere that +elemental damage% adds to add +min/+max damage that is not elemental.
    For Ex: My Inna's favor with 91 does 8K more damage than a similar dex belt.

So I bought a Stone of Jordan with 6% arcane damage and 25% damage to elites. Spent a $1.0 M for it.
    I noticed that it does add damage to elites...but it does nothing to increase my DPS like Inna's Favor does. In fact a ring with only +25-50 Damage does 2000 more damage than the SOJ.
    Any reason for this? Or has a DH do I have to get another ring with Holy Damage?

Please advice. Thanks.
    I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Anyways, it doesn't matter which damage type, it just adds to your non-elemental DPS, see blue post explanation: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6413025317#13

And there are many many threads about this as this is discussed on these forums almost every other day.

The 25% damage to elites is not displayed on char screen because it's only against elites and 90% of the time you're not fighting elites (unless you're skipping everything and really good in quickly finding elites).

One question I had: what does "$1.0 M" mean? I hope it's not 1 million dollars? Is it 1 dollar and the M stands for "(real) money"? Or just 1 million gold?
    The 6% Arcane from the SOJ is reflected in your paper DPS number. The 25% vs. Elites is not.

Inna's belt will add considerably more paper DPS as it has many damage stats on top of the +% Elemental Damage. These include: Base Dexterity, Set Bonus Dexterity, and Crit Chance. It also has 1-3% more Elemental Damage than SOJ.

As pointed out above, the type of +% Elemental Damage doesn't matter. What does matter is whether your weapon has elemental damage on it or not (better to have none).
    OFFENSIVE STATS: 126K Unbuffed DPS • 183K Buffed DPS • 2.25 APS • +24% Movement Speed
    DEFENSIVE STATS: 1.07M Unbuffed EHP • 102K Life • 2,269 Life on Hit • 674 Life per Sec • 23.5% Dodge
    Quote from rimmi2002

Hi I saw that Inna's Favors +Holy Damage%...adds heavily to DPS. Read somewhere that +elemental damage% adds to add +min/+max damage that is not elemental.
    For Ex: My Inna's favor with 91 does 8K more damage than a similar dex belt.

So I bought a Stone of Jordan with 6% arcane damage and 25% damage to elites. Spent a $1.0 M for it.
    I noticed that it does add damage to elites...but it does nothing to increase my DPS like Inna's Favor does. In fact a ring with only +25-50 Damage does 2000 more damage than the SOJ.
    Any reason for this? Or has a DH do I have to get another ring with Holy Damage?

Please advice. Thanks.

As stated above, the 25% increase damage to Elites will not show up in your DPS but the arcane damage % increase will. However, with the Inna's Favor, you are not only getting a % increas to your weapons base damage but you also gain 1% crit chance and an increase in your base stat. Those combined will show a greater increase in your DPS than the SoJ.
    "There is no cow level!"
    i guess u will use SOJ on elites packs only
    I was using SOJ for one of my two rings. Using it cause +10 discipline and damage to elites. I can kill most trash easily so I figure the bonus to elites is beneficial. Does the damage only applies to yellow elites or do champions count as elites as well. Thanks.
    Elite are all enemies with yellow, blue, or purple name plates; i.e., all elite, champions, or rare monsters.
    Quote from Bagstone

Elite are all enemies with yellow, blue, or purple name plates; i.e., all elite, champions, or rare monsters.

As well as bosses.....and other players ;)
    I still do not entirely understand how this affix stack. Assuming i have a 1000 dps weapon (dealing 1000-1000 only physical dmg with 1,00 attacks per second) and innas belt giving + 8% as holy damage and a SoJ granting +5% dmg as cold.
    How do the items stack? Does anybody definitely know?

i) i get both bonusses on the base dps and get no profit from dealing damage as cold (no slow because 5%<8%), so i deal 1000+80+50= 1130 dps
    ii) the same as a) but the bonusses stack: 1000*1.08*1.05= 1134 dps
    iii) only the highest dps bonus is granted + only the highest bonus effect (no slow) is granted: 1080 dps
    iv) i get both +% bonusses, and whether i deal cold or holy animations is based on a probability (?), although i only see the holy animation because the +% holy value is higher
    v) any other i could not think of right now...
    You get both, however, they're not multiplicative but will be added together and then applied to your damage (both considered to be the "same type" as in both elemental):

8% holy damage, 5% cold damage = 13% bonus elemental damage.

1000 dps * 1.13 = 1130 DPS.
    Remember players are elites aswell. So SoJ will increase your dmg in pvp by 20-30% :)))

Just if you want to stack up on em aswell. the value will increase alot when pvp comes.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Seriously? I thought this was a joke by maka... players are considered as elite? Source? How do you even know, without PvP around right now?
    Yeah, i definitely remember a bluepost saying that players count as Elites. But that does not mean that they may balance that when pvp comes out, +30% for 1 ring is quite a damn big bonus.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes