Crafting useful in 1.05?

Hi, I'm trying to get back into the game. Back in my day (lol) you could come out ahead when crafting for example 6 prop chests, but now with every drop having ilvl 63 affixes, crafting seems to be completely useless (apart from Hellfire Rings).

Is that true? I liked crafting...
    while all high ilvl items found may have ilvl 63 properties, I don't think the same applies to crafting
    so while you could still craft yourself something amazing, it's quality couldn't be the same
    Blacksmithing is useless. JC'ing is near useless with the prices of gems due to duping or whatever.
    If you are lucky enough to get Legendary Plans of some sort on a drop then crafting is worth it. I was fooling around in Normal level at Monster Power 10 hoping to get something in case I started a new character and got the Capt Crimson plans. I made a few of those looking for a good role. The ones I didn't want sold rather quick.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/captain-crimsons-deck-boots
    Black Smithing is pretty useless, and costs a pretty penny to get up, you'd make more money gemming.
    Quote from lorien1973

Blacksmithing is useless. JC'ing is near useless with the prices of gems due to duping or whatever.

In the US here, crafting a radiant star is about 3 mill cheaper than buying it on the AH. At the moment it is worth having your JC up to snuff. Now, a few weeks ago when you could get a radiant star for 5 mill, yeah, then he was a joke. Seems to have gotten back to normal.

As fot the blacksmith, the only way he becomes useful is if you have any legendary plans.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Syronicus

As fot the blacksmith, the only way he becomes useful is if you have any legendary plans.

But there's not really a legendary which can roll best in slot, can it? And you have to invest a similar amount of money that you would just spend on the AH for a BiS item.

See other thread... or actually, two related threads just tonight... give us level 63 gloves and/or one fixed stat and many many problems would vanish. (Gold sink, useful crafting, gambling, counter inflation, ...)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes