Watermark on diablo 3 ?

earlier today when i were frapsing i got this material this picture only lasted about 1 ms
    What is this ? is it a watermark ?

And this is a Wow watermark with all colors gone
    I used to get that pretty frequently, actually, a few months ago. Especially when I pressed SHIFT.

Add that to the list of 'Weird things that happen when you press SHIFT in Diablo III.'
    Well this didn't happen to me when i was pressing shift , just happend randomly :P
    Looks like some weird extraterrestrial thing haha
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    I've gotten flashes such as this since launch, and it's persisted through upgrading video cards.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Blizzard has this on all their games for some time now (2008?). They have embedded code in each screenshot that identifies which game and server that player is playing on, which client they're using (32/64) and a long string of numbers identifying the player, but one that only Blizzard can read that has no personal or game info attached.

It's mainly used to hunt down exploiters/leakers, since when they post a screenshot it's easy to find out exactly which player it is. No outside source can use that info though.

It's not very popular and talked about since, well, you know, if everyone knew about it - it wouldn't really work. But it sadly got pretty well known about a year ago.

*ruins thread*

I've gotten flashes such as this since launch, and it's persisted through upgrading video cards.

The same for me, with two different graphics cards.

Blizzard has this on all their games for some time now (2008?). They have embedded code in each screenshot that identifies which game and server that player is playing on, which client they're using (32/64) and a long string of numbers identifying the player, but one that only Blizzard can read that has no personal or game info attached.

It's mainly used to hunt down exploiters/leakers, since when they post a screenshot it's easy to find out exactly which player it is. No outside source can use that info though.

It's not very popular and talked about since, well, you know, if everyone knew about it - it wouldn't really work. But it sadly got pretty well known about a year ago.

*ruins thread*

Yes regarding WoW ,

But this is regarding Diablo 3 haven't seen anyone post anything about watermarks in diablo 3
    As I said, I'm pretty sure both D3 and SC2 have these watermarks. Are they different than WoW? Sure, why wouldn't they be. Is what you're linking the watermark? I don't know. But you showed the WoW one and I explained what it was and what it does. I'm confident we have an equivalent in D3.

edit: And I wasn't saying you shouldn't post about it. Do whatever you like. :P
    I have this too since launch (only in D3, not in SC2 or so), and with two different computers (my old one, and this one I made component by component some months ago) ;)
    -
    Last edited by CuddleParty: 3/8/2014 12:20:54 PM
    Haven't got anything like this. But im sure I will notice them now, thanks ;)
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    I used to get these back in the first month of release. Havent seen it ever since though.

you don't think this could be releated to that skype alert poping up over your game...?
    Satanic hieroglyphs, clearly.
    in case anyone is wondering, a friend identified the Chinese characters on the bottom row as "domestic/local connection"

Satanic hieroglyphs, clearly.

My thoughts exactly. Heck, it is a game about Diablo after all. lol
    "There is no cow level!"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes