Item compare for set items is flawed.

Just wanted to know if any of you have experienced the same as me and if it is an issue
    that has been brought to Blizzard's attention:

http://eu.battle.net...767164?page=1#3
    Quote from SancticuS

Just wanted to know if any of you have experienced the same as me and if it is an issue

Just take a look at your Dex and you'll figure it out. It's your mistake.
    Quote from Sen5ei

Quote from SancticuS

Just take a look at your Dex and you'll figure it out. It's your mistake.

lol what?
    The tooltip clearly says that equipping Inna's Favor would decrease his DPS by 3.5k, which is clearly not the case.
    the tooltip doesnt take the possible 2set bonus into account - so yeah, its flawed in a way
    Yep, the tooltip doesn't include set bonuses, which I found out from my zuni 2 pc. That's why I use a spreadsheet for dps comparisons.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    The tooltip fails to take into account many things. For example, it misrepresents the relation between crit chance, crit damange and character sheet DPS. I've caught it displaying wrong numbers many times, especially with weapons that have crit damage (either via affix or via gem).
    Quote from Loroese

Yep, the tooltip doesn't include set bonuses, which I found out from my zuni 2 pc. That's why I use a spreadsheet for dps comparisons.

Always use a spreadsheet/calculator.

I can't believe how many times I clicked on an item link someone PMs me only to show some garbage 1100 dps 2-hander that supposedly will give me +60K DPS. No, that's not happening.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Oh, and the tooltip also doesn't account for passives, at least not for barb's weapon master.
    Quote from maka

Oh, and the tooltip also doesn't account for passives, at least not for barb's weapon master.

I seem to remember it did for Sharpshooter. Wear gloves with no DPS stats, wait for sharpshooter to stack to 100% crit, then hover over gloves with only critical chance. It should show no DPS gain. I had to remove sharpshooter in order to get accurate comparisons of gear.
    You're right, I remember having to remove SS to compare gear, otherwise it would go to 100% crit and ruin the numbers.
    But I'm sure the tooltip doesn't account for Weapon Master - I tested that out today. The tooltip said that a certain 2H Mighty Weapon was a 600 dps increase over a 2H Mace, when in reality it was about a 4k dps decrease, due to Weapon Master.
    Tooltip. Y u make no sense?!

OFFENSIVE STATS: 126K Unbuffed DPS • 183K Buffed DPS • 2.25 APS • +24% Movement Speed
    DEFENSIVE STATS: 1.07M Unbuffed EHP • 102K Life • 2,269 Life on Hit • 674 Life per Sec • 23.5% Dodge
    ^^Holy craziness, Batman!
    Quote from unReality

That one doesn't really look wrong to me. :S
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from unReality

If you look closer, the green number looks like it has a - in front of it. So it's a negative dps gain? I figure it's just a graphical glitch.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Quote from Temsen

Quote from unReality

Look carefully. It says -21816 where it should say +21816, although it's still green.

Edit: Damnit, I was beaten to the point by mere seconds!
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from unReality

Not seeing where the TT is going wrong here. Of course, it's been a long day for me too... Increase in both main stat and speed along with an increase in raw weapon DPS. Now, if I would have shown the difference the TT was giving me when I went from my Skorn to my EF and Source, yeah, that was saying I would lose 44k DPS when infact I gained about 25k.

edit: Got it, see it now. As I said, long day. lol
    "There is no cow level!"
    Oh, right. I just pay attention to the red&green numbers, those are still correct, I guess?
    Not a big deal in that case imo, though kinda weird.
    Quote from unReality

I see this issue on just about everything I compare. The +/- error seems to happen once the char reaches a certain damage threshold. Green numbers used to show a '+' but now they always show a '-'.
    Must be, same thing happens to me, probably started right around the time I hit ~100K damage on the statsheet.

-Phil
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes