JC designs drop rate?

Hi,

Just wondering if its just me or JC designs droprate is kinda lower that Legendaries pre 1.0.4? Is there any act where they drop more? I've farmed Act 1 and Act 3 many times and I have lots of BS recipes, but only a couple of JC's designs.

Hi,

Just wondering if its just me or JC designs droprate is kinda lower that Legendaries pre 1.0.4? Is there any act where they drop more? I've farmed Act 1 and Act 3 many times and I have lots of BS recipes, but only a couple of JC's designs.

No idea on their drop rate but it seems to be really low compared to BS recipes. Since 1.0.5 I've found multiple Grand (6 prop) BS recipes and a lot of lower grade recipes but only 2 JC designs. All in all I have around 30 BS recipes but only 3 JC designs. They definitely drop less often than what legendaries used to drop. I farm Act 3.
    Well there are only very few designs in the first place... I think about 24, if I'm not mistaken... so they're supposed to be really rare and if you want to find them all yourself (they're not that expensive on the AH, if you really need them) it should take you a fair amount of time. Would be ridiculous if everyone had all the recipes after a few weeks/months. And 24 designs versus hundreds of different blacksmith recipes and legendaries - it's kind of obvious that their drop rate is lower :)

Well there are only very few designs in the first place... I think about 24, if I'm not mistaken... so they're supposed to be really rare and if you want to find them all yourself (they're not that expensive on the AH, if you really need them) it should take you a fair amount of time. Would be ridiculous if everyone had all the recipes after a few weeks/months. And 24 designs versus hundreds of different blacksmith recipes and legendaries - it's kind of obvious that their drop rate is lower :)

The problem is that everyone CAN have all the designs, due to the AH. This problem is further compounded by the fact that everyone can just BUY gems from the AH, making crafting them pretty much pointless.
    I find them from time to time and have all but one to go but will admit, the drop rate for them is pretty slight. They sell for pretty good too.
    "There is no cow level!"

I think there are only 12 designs that drop? 3 designs per gem.

The problem is that everyone CAN have all the designs, due to the AH. This problem is further compounded by the fact that everyone can just BUY gems from the AH, making crafting them pretty much pointless.

I agree that crafting is absolutely pointless. But that's a different topic.

I find them from time to time and have all but one to go but will admit, the drop rate for them is pretty slight. They sell for pretty good too.

They sell for pretty good money? What? Last time I found the Radiant Star Topaz Design I was like "well, I'll never craft it, so I might just sell it" - looked it up on the AH, design was worth 400k... so I learned it myself. For a design that rare only 400k, I think that's a joke. (EU AH)

I think there are only 12 designs that drop? 3 designs per gem.

You're right - I was just counting the ones you need from Flawless Square to Radiant Star, but the first three of those you know already from the beginning. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jeweler-design/

There you have it. 12 (13) items which are supposed to be super rare versus hundreds of legendaries and 131 blacksmithing plans - it's more than obvious that these drops are very rare.

I agree that crafting is absolutely pointless. But that's a different topic.
    Sorry, wasn't trying to derail the thread.
    What I was trying to say was that it makes no sense that they are so rare, because everyone can just buy the recipes off the AH anyway, but people don't even do that because they can just buy the gems of the AH anyway. The only people that get 'screwed' are the people that like to find their own stuf (yes, like me:) ).
    Bottom line: they should increase the drop rates of JC recipes.....by a lot.

They sell for pretty good money? What? Last time I found the Radiant Star Topaz Design I was like "well, I'll never craft it, so I might just sell it" - looked it up on the AH, design was worth 400k... so I learned it myself. For a design that rare only 400k, I think that's a joke. (EU AH)

400K not good? I would say it's not great but 400K is nothing to cry over. If I recall, what I got for the plan was a bit more than that too. I'd have to check but for an item that lasts only a few minutes on the AH, 400K is pretty good... Those plans sell like hot cakes!
    "There is no cow level!"

400K not good? I would say it's not great but 400K is nothing to cry over. If I recall, what I got for the plan was a bit more than that too. I'd have to check but for an item that lasts only a few minutes on the AH, 400K is pretty good... Those plans sell like hot cakes!

If you consider the crafting cost for one gem, the design should be a fair share of that (IMHO). Right now, even for one gem you can easily afford the design(s) because it's only a small percentage of what you have to pay altogether in the end.

When I heard about the crafting system in D3 for the first time, I was thinking that the designs were really rare (even rarer than they are now). You would have had the choice of either find someone whom you'd pay a small fee for crafting the gem, or you'd learn the recipe yourself and offer the crafting service to others. Kind of like super rare crafts in WoW vanilla.

So my bottom line: I don't mind the low drop rate at all ;-)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes